Brexit and the Consequences

Brexit and now the US. All simply confirms what I've been saying for years. The writing is on the wall for the EU project. The EU elites have now been marginalised. The next step is to get rid of them altogether.

Brexit and now the US. All simply confirms what I've been saying for years. The writing is on the wall for the EU project. The EU elites have now been marginalised. The next step is to get rid of them altogether.

Nature abhors a vacuum, though, so the hole will be filled by a new band of power hungry people who will coalesce into the new elite over time. The merry-go-round never stops.

If Trump withdraws funding for NATO that will be another chunk out of any kind of European stability. The EU army will never get off the ground because the member countries are too disorganised and won't pay up – and even if it did, they'd never agree on how and when to use it. The Europeans have been irresponsible over the years by not paying their NATO dues while sheltering under the financial and military umbrella of the USA – and yet they don't like what Putin has done in eastern Europe! It's only the Brits that have been serious members of NATO and it's this sort of history that will ensure our future lies with the USA.

They were wise words from Lady Theresa in her congratulatory speech to Donald.

There is a general problem around the globe and that is one of haves and have nots. The disenfranchised, low skilled, less educated and less mobile labourers are facing continued declines in their living standards.

On the other hand there is a very productive movement of well educated and highly skilled very young and mobile population that does and can move to pretty much anywhere they choose, often for more money and better life.

This is called Globalisation. Professor Dunning was an international figure who went round professing the benefits of multinationals locating near either; resources, factors of production like cheap labour or their markets. Back in the 70s/80s multinationals were all the rave. They could also buy/import skills and talent from anywhere in the world.

This globalisation, trade agreements and movement of labour has served the World well. Indeed the World is becoming a smaller place. Trading blocs protect and are now able to negotiate better deals in a global World.

Now what we have is increasing automation, mechanisation and unemployment with falling prices and pressure on wages. There is India and China coming on tap competing in markets where the West dominated.

We are looking at driver less cars and trains (no more taxi / train drivers/conductors). Robots and apps delivering take-aways with drones. What ever next? Hotel receptionist replaced by androids and a choice between a humanoid and android hookers even???

Capitalism is also a major cause with polarisation of wealth in the hands of the few coupled with skewed inequitable distribution of income and rising populations.

Look at South West trains crises. Dirver less cabs, no conductors down the line. Higher travel costs in over crowded trains people trying to get to work. But management get million pound salaries and mega bonuses for poor service delivery.

You see where we are going with this? There is a bit of a conflict in our response to this scenario.

Some say coming out of trading blocs and free trade as well as restricting the flow of labour and free movement of people will help restore what we were used to. The good old days.

Sadly this will not be the case. Tit for tat responses will lead to reduce trade, higher cost of goods and services and less jobs.

Much uncertainty and re-positioning of alliances will take place. A lot of time effort and money will be spent on politicians, legal teams and negotiators and pen pushers in delivering new pieces of paper to be signed for a new generation to adhere to.

The choice is quite a stark one.

Issues are complex.

Be careful what you wish for and what you do with your protest votes!

I'm thinking of casting my protest vote for Corbyn. System needs balance crazy as that may sound.

These same issues apply to the US and any other nation. This has nothing to do with politics or nations. Just evolution of social, economic and political developments of the last 70 years.

:(

Last edited:
There is a general problem around the globe and that is one of haves and have nots. The disenfranchised, low skilled, less educated and less mobile labourers are facing continued declines in their living standards.

On the other hand there is a very productive movement of well educated and highly skilled very young and mobile population that does and can move to pretty much anywhere they choose, often for more money and better life.

This is called Globalisation. Professor Dunning was an international figure who went round professing the benefits of multinationals locating near either; resources, factors of production like cheap labour or their markets. Back in the 70s/80s multinationals were all the rave. They could also buy/import skills and talent from anywhere in the world.

This globalisation, trade agreements and movement of labour has served the World well. Indeed the World is becoming a smaller place. Trading blocs protect and are now able to negotiate better deals in a global World.

Now what we have is increasing automation, mechanisation and unemployment with falling prices and pressure on wages. There is India and China coming on tap competing in markets where the West dominated.

We are looking at driver less cars and trains (no more taxi / train drivers/conductors). Robots and apps delivering take-aways with drones. What ever next? Hotel receptionist replaced by androids and a choice between a humanoid and android hookers even???

Capitalism is also a major cause with polarisation of wealth in the hands of the few coupled with skewed inequitable distribution of income and rising populations.

Look at South West trains crises. Dirver less cabs, no conductors down the line. Higher travel costs in over crowded trains people trying to get to work. But management get million pound salaries and mega bonuses for poor service delivery.

You see where we are going with this? There is a bit of a conflict in our response to this scenario.

Some say coming out of trading blocs and free trade as well as restricting the flow of labour and free movement of people will help restore what we were used to. The good old days.

Sadly this will not be the case. Tit for tat responses will lead to reduce trade, higher cost of goods and services and less jobs.

Much uncertainty and re-positioning of alliances will take place. A lot of time effort and money will be spent on politicians, legal teams and negotiators and pen pushers in delivering new pieces of paper to be signed for a new generation to adhere to.

The choice is quite a stark one.

Issues are complex.

Be careful what you wish for and what you do with your protest votes!

I'm thinking of casting my protest vote for Corbyn. System needs balance crazy as that may sound.

These same issues apply to the US and any other nation. This has nothing to do with politics or nations. Just evolution of social, economic and political developments of the last 70 years.

:(

A lot of important and relevant points there. Of course, this was all first predicted in the 1950s with the emerging computerisation: the idea was that computers and mechanisation would allow everyone to have loads of free leisure time to do the things they would like. Unfortunately, most of the forecasters didn't deduce that it would lead to enforced idleness, that people would not want to sit around at home doing nothing, and that there would be very difficult political consequences. As far as I can see, no one has yet come up with a solution.

A lot of important and relevant points there. Of course, this was all first predicted in the 1950s with the emerging computerisation: the idea was that computers and mechanisation would allow everyone to have loads of free leisure time to do the things they would like. Unfortunately, most of the forecasters didn't deduce that it would lead to enforced idleness, that people would not want to sit around at home doing nothing, and that there would be very difficult political consequences. As far as I can see, no one has yet come up with a solution.

I'm afraid SMC, referring to the unemployed or those in benefits is simply what is in front of our noses which is what we are fed. Those bloody migrant cheap skilled workers are taking over our simple jobs.

Automation and mechanisation will remove the simple jobs that many people do, such as mini cab drivers, receptionists and even sex trade workers. I'm shocked and stunned my self. I'm wondering if robots as androids will soon be giving us hair cuts. I wouldn't be surprised if in another 20 years time we will not have drivers, pilots or captains. We have robotic hoovers and automated shirt folding machines. Absolutely amazing.

Just don't see protectionism as the solution.

Identification of the issue is all wrong too.

People promoting less taxation and more capitalism with less regulation will only polarize the problem as it is missing the mark.

I feel capitalism with its skewed inequitable distribution of wealth is the cause, but I'm sure I'll I have knives heading my way already as I type... :cheesy:

I'm afraid SMC, referring to the unemployed or those in benefits is simply what is in front of our noses which is what we are fed. Those bloody migrant cheap skilled workers are taking over our simple jobs.

Automation and mechanisation will remove the simple jobs that many people do, such as mini cab drivers, receptionists and even sex trade workers. I'm shocked and stunned my self. I'm wondering if robots as androids will soon be giving us hair cuts. I wouldn't be surprised if in another 20 years time we will not have drivers, pilots or captains. We have robotic hoovers and automated shirt folding machines. Absolutely amazing.

Just don't see protectionism as the solution.

Identification of the issue is all wrong too.

People promoting less taxation and more capitalism with less regulation will only polarize the problem as it is missing the mark.

I feel capitalism with its skewed inequitable distribution of wealth is the cause, but I'm sure I'll I have knives heading my way already as I type... :cheesy:

Crony Capitalism is not the same as Capitalism.

Until you understand the difference, you can't make any progress.

Crony Capitalism is not the same as Capitalism.

Until you understand the difference, you can't make any progress.

CV mi ol china, your solution of promoting free capitalism to what is the polarisation of society into haves and have nots is much like pouring fuel into the fire.

We have global over population with skewed distribution of wealth with nations and people within nations carrying out territorial maneuvers pissing all over the place.

Outcome is... answers on a postcard please...

Last edited:
:D You've given the dithering Brexiters an out. Maybe they will wait for that to happen. Thus, no signing of Art50!.

Good idea, BTW.

You should be very worried about what will happen to countries like Spain.
There's no upside.
Just a return to the good old days...a holiday destination.

If you want to blame anyone....try the EU.

You should be very worried about what will happen to countries like Spain.
There's no upside.
Just a return to the good old days...a holiday destination.

If you want to blame anyone....try the EU.

If it happens you'll be be able to tell me "I told you so"

I'm surprised Atilla hasn't commented on the brex@licious relationship with USA. Trump asked may to discuss trade deals ASAP.

I'm surprised Atilla hasn't commented on the brex@licious relationship with USA. Trump asked may to discuss trade deals ASAP.

He doesn't comment on things he doesn't want to hear.

Attachments

• lalalalacant-hear-u.jpg
    lalalalacant-hear-u.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 123

Been busy old boy. They do let me out once in a while you know ;)

Well considering our special relationship or more importantly the fact that we built the US of A, share close intelligence and joint operations, share technology and R&D, share language and history, some deal is to be expected.

Considering UK's international presence and influence US also needs us.

We currently already have free trade between the two countries. What else we can trade is all ad-lib imo. Just words. Look at the statistics and see how we can increase trade if not already taking place.

Remember US stands to gain from fall out from UK finance industry as a consequence of Brexit. Whether the two countries can badger EU ones into some form of climb down from passing new legislation stealing business remains to be seen.

So in summary don't bother with the headline words. Where is the substance?

We are looking for free trade and bilateral agreements. They are looking to protect their trade and brake trade agreements. I don't know, if that is a good starting point?

UK headlines now rubbing hands with glee at the brake up of the EU as if it's a good thing so Brexiters can be proven right. Time will tell. Not how one should proceed where one countries well being depends on the demise of others. Step backwards that is. Doesn't bode well for future growth, unity or collective happiness.