Brexit and the Consequences

The US owes us big time for showing them what people power can do.

May is no fool, the US is now on the same brave new world footing, she has to take advantage.

That's real funny. Brave new World braking up agreements and blocks where free trade takes place to form new bilateral trade agreements where each side starts by trying to protect their own.

What is brave is that both Brexit and Trump have just ventured into an area where they didn't expect to win with no plan going forward. :LOL:

Promises galore, it is xmas after all. More jobs, higher wages, bring old industries back and make countries GREAT again. Yeah sure, we can all be great together.

When ever I hear talk of making things great, I'm thinking time waster. :rolleyes:

However, hearing you refer to "people power" now those are terms I would never had guessed as coming from you. Tories have stolen UKIPs clothing now Corbyn's fist in the air. Whatever next???? :cheesy:

Nothing special there ..

"Mr Trump has contacted a number of world leaders in the wake of his surprise victory in the US presidential race, including those of Egypt, Ireland, Mexico, Israel, Turkey, India, Japan and South Korea. Mrs May is thought to have been the ninth leader he called."

You should be very worried about what will happen to countries like Spain.
There's no upside.
Just a return to the good old days...a holiday destination.

If you want to blame anyone....try the EU.

You've heard of Banco Santander, no doubt?

This has media manipulation all over it. Do you really think Trump would call Turkey before calling the UK. What more than likely happened is those other countries called Trump and not the other way around. Don't believe everything the media states as this clearly is manipulated for better headlines. He hates Mexico (even wanting to build a wall)

That's real funny. Brave new World braking up agreements and blocks where free trade takes place to form new bilateral trade agreements where each side starts by trying to protect their own.

What is brave is that both Brexit and Trump have just ventured into an area where they didn't expect to win with no plan going forward. :LOL:

Promises galore, it is xmas after all. More jobs, higher wages, bring old industries back and make countries GREAT again. Yeah sure, we can all be great together.

When ever I hear talk of making things great, I'm thinking time waster. :rolleyes:

However, hearing you refer to "people power" now those are terms I would never had guessed as coming from you. Tories have stolen UKIPs clothing now Corbyn's fist in the air. Whatever next???? :cheesy:

UKIP only got started because the tories went weak over the EU.

Now the proper Tories are back in charge and Nigel is still there holding their feet to the fire, just in case they transgress !

Get used to the new reality, or fall by the way.

UKIP only got started because the tories went weak over the EU.

Now the proper Tories are back in charge and Nigel is still there holding their feet to the fire, just in case they transgress !

Get used to the new reality, or fall by the way.

"People power" and now "Proper Tories" :-0

You have an identity crises.

Just heard Le Penn speak on Andrew Marr show. She made some strong points, key being in agreement with disbanding Nato seeing it as an American tool.

Only time it was invoked was when US with 9/11 considered attacked and war on Afghanistan was launched.

Russia is seen as an ally v the US which is far away from France as Timbuktu is.

I thought she spoke well.

Be careful what you wish for however, with UK aligning with US and France with Russia and Germany. :idea:

Ear CV ol boy, I've been reflecting on your proper Tories outburst!!!

What's your take on May, Trump and Farage connection?

How do you think May and the Tory party should play their cards?

Will UKIP take over the Tory party or can the Tory party continue stealing UKIP policies without any consequence???

Ear CV ol boy, I've been reflecting on your proper Tories outburst!!!

What's your take on May, Trump and Farage connection?

How do you think May and the Tory party should play their cards?

Will UKIP take over the Tory party or can the Tory party continue stealing UKIP policies without any consequence???

That bloke and woman in number 10 who advise May don't seem to be exercising their full brainpower in this particular instance. Any adviser worth their salt would advise May to exploit Farage's usefulness and quietly dispose of him at a later date. Could it be that they are a teeny-weeny little bit frightened of Nigel because he is very good at outsmarting conventional politicians?

That bloke and woman in number 10 who advise May don't seem to be exercising their full brainpower in this particular instance. Any adviser worth their salt would advise May to exploit Farage's usefulness and quietly dispose of him at a later date. Could it be that they are a teeny-weeny little bit frightened of Nigel because he is very good at outsmarting conventional politicians?

Was thinking the same yes... This bearing grudge business is bad practice and serves no one.

Was thinking Tory party have pretty much stolen UKIP policies and here lies a golden opportunity to get in with the new wave of changes coming about in the US.

Golden opportunity missing the golden shot or the golden boy with the golden boot. Trump's into gold isn't he???

Farage for US Ambassador!

Farage for the Lords!

(y)

Admittedly, it hasn't taken him and ukip long to shake off the racist element that used to haunt them...its seldom mentioned now...

Someone seems to be doing their home work and listening up. About time Capitalism got scrutinised for screwing people. So much for all that we must attract the best skills crap.

UK to prove capitalism can work for everyone!!!

However, it can't. Not without regulation because too many pigs with snouts in the sh1t. Same goes for the yanks. Problem is capitalism hell bent on screwing costs down to polarise accumulation of wealth in the hands of the few.

Migration as I have been saying is to supress wage inflation. Wage inflation and (strikes) is what destroyed much of UK manufacturing industry (along with poor design and lack of investment in R&D) and Mrs T instead of fixing manufacturing, simply cut it out of UK economy altogether. I'd say we are going back to the bad old days of the 60s and 70s if we don't identify and compete in the arena of new emerging technologies whilst modifying and regulating the equitable distribution of wealth.

It is the feature of multinationals (globalisation) to move away and locate where factors of production and inputs are cheaper. Alternative to this is to have cheap labour migrate in thus keeping costs down so fat cats can maximise bonuses. No two ways about it. Political rhetoric all very exciting feeding the masses what they want to hear but totally the wrong medicine for a totally incorrect diagnosis of our issues.

Don't know if readers get the message but it's all pretty basic economics really.

On another note, apparently there is some leaked Government memo which is being denied that Brexit will require 30,000 new civil servants. Did say. I'm sure it will be worth it.

Somebody do the sums on how much that's likely to cost in terms of wages to the tax payer so we can see what we may get back from the 350m!

They are taking digs at Sir Phillip Green but no mention of Fred the Shreds or Bob Diamonds of this World. Just a matter of who ever happens to be flavour of the month. Talk is cheap. Where is the action to recover pensioners monies???

Someone seems to be doing their home work and listening up. About time Capitalism got scrutinised for screwing people. So much for all that we must attract the best skills crap.

UK to prove capitalism can work for everyone!!!

However, it can't. Not without regulation because too many pigs with snouts in the sh1t. Same goes for the yanks. Problem is capitalism hell bent on screwing costs down to polarise accumulation of wealth in the hands of the few.

Migration as I have been saying is to supress wage inflation. Wage inflation and (strikes) is what destroyed much of UK manufacturing industry (along with poor design and lack of investment in R&D) and Mrs T instead of fixing manufacturing, simply cut it out of UK economy altogether. I'd say we are going back to the bad old days of the 60s and 70s if we don't identify and compete in the arena of new emerging technologies whilst modifying and regulating the equitable distribution of wealth.

It is the feature of multinationals (globalisation) to move away and locate where factors of production and inputs are cheaper. Alternative to this is to have cheap labour migrate in thus keeping costs down so fat cats can maximise bonuses. No two ways about it. Political rhetoric all very exciting feeding the masses what they want to hear but totally the wrong medicine for a totally incorrect diagnosis of our issues.

Don't know if readers get the message but it's all pretty basic economics really.

On another note, apparently there is some leaked Government memo which is being denied that Brexit will require 30,000 new civil servants. Did say. I'm sure it will be worth it.

Somebody do the sums on how much that's likely to cost in terms of wages to the tax payer so we can see what we may get back from the 350m!

They are taking digs at Sir Phillip Green but no mention of Fred the Shreds or Bob Diamonds of this World. Just a matter of who ever happens to be flavour of the month. Talk is cheap. Where is the action to recover pensioners monies???

Comes back to the control of immigration, skilled and unskilled workers.

And constantly reviewing immigration parameters on requirements.

Couple of older papers woth the read.

http://www.nber.org/papers/w16646.pdf

http://users.monash.edu.au/~asaduli/pub/ER1.pdf

Comes back to the control of immigration, skilled and unskilled workers.

And constantly reviewing immigration parameters on requirements.

Couple of older papers woth the read.

http://www.nber.org/papers/w16646.pdf

http://users.monash.edu.au/~asaduli/pub/ER1.pdf

Both good articles looking at impact of migrants on the labour market. All good at micro level. I think the problem is more fundamental at the macro level fwiw.

1. Multinationals can't be swayed to move to any particular area to setup production without government grants or subsidies. If there was an advantage they would already be there.

2. Levying tariffs on imports will raise prices and generate G revenue. If tit-for-tat tariffs are also reciprocated then international trade will fall and everyone will suffer.

Free movement of labour and captial and international trade in goods and services makes everyone better off.

Tough call. Even legislation and controls may make any nation who applies them less desirable place to do business in and drive companies away. French labour rules is an example, where it's virtually impossible to fire anyone for poor conduct. One can only talk to them and send polite notices.

Focusing on restricting free movement of labour and capital will adversely effect production and competitiveness of any country that applies them. It simply means that country will not be conducive to business or investment.

Where I am tempted to rant is UK selling off cherished and well managed companies to international competitors who then wind up production in the UK, and move it off to other cheaper areas. Rowntree sold to Nestle. No government over sight or interest. Jobs from Yorkshire went into ether regions.

Germans are far more reluctant to take overs of their industries.

Now the stupid Government have had a wake up call. Same for Boris bikes giving tender to foreign producers as if the UK unable to build bikes. Same old story. P155 poor management by governement and management creaming profits giving nought to ordinary local people.

US and the UK have the wrong diagnosis and thus the medicine or solution they advocate will be wrong too. :(

Listening to Radio 4, apparently farms up adn down the country are wondering where they are going to get there crop pickers from if hard Brexit is enforced.

Heard that there is mobile workforce who travel from farm to farm between France and the UK picking crop. They'll probably prefer to go to France if paperwork and restrictions are placed on free travel in the UK.

Galileo is the European global satellite-based navigation system which UK builds for, can lose production to EU countries, costing UK contracts worth 100bn upwards.

This is the system that will become core for driver-less systems from cars, delivery vans to trains, boats and planes.

Heard Gove on the Brexit Committee yesterday shown on Parliament TV 131. Such a knob. Question he asked was isn't there a simple Brexit where we just leave? Whilst some three civil servants, one a professor of EU law debated the issues. Stupid smart Alek question who does not have mental ability to consider complex issues.

Answer was yes you can but at what cost? Still need resources and some of the supporting EU institutions will need to be setup here and some of the others added to functions of existing bodies requiring further resources.

Key issue seems to be Article 50 which is the decision to leave and Articles 218 and 207 apparently about future agreements. Can these be run in parallel or are they sequential. Parallel is preferred to speed up negotiations and transfer. With respect to future agreements it was felt (as in the Canadian deal) regional mixed voting will be used as opposed to national blocks thus complicating the process and making it more drawn out.

The dangers and uncertainties facing UK industry and the country are building up everyday. Brexiters may well dance enjoying their limelight in the media about how the feared has not come to be, but it will indeed as nothing has really started yet.

On the other hand opportunities and savings presented to us aren't really there. As I like to call them, hope and glory, c0ck n bull story.

Time to wake up Britain.

It should be clear that we have the best of both worlds in the EU protection and access to a bigger market and global influence.

Trump's protectionist policies is pretty much what the EU does but with much greater effect, subtlety and efficiency with good balance.

Else I fear for the future outcomes of our politicians delusional gains. :(

Last edited: