Brexit and the Consequences

He's from the same Etonite stables as David Cameron. Both very competitive and were tatooed with PM roles on their arses at birth.

I think Boris

I've always subconsciously known that but never seen it put quite so elegantly! Must remember for future use ......
:LOL:

Euro 'house of cards' to collapse, warns ECB prophet
The European Central Bank is becoming dangerously over-extended and the whole euro project is unworkable in its current form, the founding architect of the monetary union has warned.

"One day, the house of cards will collapse,” said Professor Otmar Issing, the ECB's first chief economist and a towering figure in the construction of the single currency.

Prof Issing said the euro has been betrayed by politics, lamenting that the experiment went wrong from the beginning and has since degenerated into a fiscal free-for-all that once again masks the festering pathologies.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Issing is an expert and well worth listening to, unlike Atilla, who is no expert, although pretends to be :LOL:

I'm so pleased that prof Issing has come around to the Brit's point of view, that the EU is fundamentally flawed and will collapse. As with everything, timing is a bihatch !!!!

Brexit means Brexit (y)

Euro needs fiscal union or break up. That's on the horizon and never disputed it.

Question you need to answer is how is leaving the EU going to benefit the UK?

Whether EU sinks or swims where do her advantages lie, in or out of the union?

Gloating at the prospect of EU failure either way will be bad for the UK in or out. Just goes to show what kind of a handle you have on developments!

As for the global debt crises; UK & US not far away so I have no idea what you have to smirk about.

Whilst at it, UKIP have had lost 3rd leader in as so many months. You've left the Italians behind. Nigel Farage, one clever bloke he is. Heard somewhere that the party is unmanageable. Possible vacancy there for you perhaps... :idea:

I saw Boris on tv, yesterday, with Perry. Frankly, he looks a right berk. :)

He's going to be more of a menace as Foreign Minister than he, ever, was as Lord Mayor of London.

In charge as PM!!!?? I think the Brits have more problems than I thought! They don't need,or deserve him. If Theresa goes, there had better be fresh elections.

Brilliant move by the PM to make him Foreign Secretary. He's the highest-rated potential successor and she has given him a job he couldn't refuse but can't succeed in: even if he does well, it makes no difference to the voters back home.

Hi Forker,

He says UK will eventually attract more investment and come out as the winner. He doesn't qualify how this will be achieved. Right now foreigners selling UK assets and see no reason to invest in UK with WTO trading rules and potentially further sterling falls being pencilled in.

Quick note Nissan has stopped investing in a new plant. Theresa May has said we'll compensate you don't worry. Nissan is not continuing with investment. Just said they were reassured. Previously, many subsidies and tax concessions were given to attract these industries to Northern regions. Just wondering where these subsidies to foreign investors going to come from. I'm guessing from the 9bn savings we don't have to give the EU. Boy that 9bn is going to have to do a lot of plugging.

He also says EU will lose out more cause other countries will follow the UK? This remains to be seen. UK hasn't left yet and the troubles are just starting. I don't see it as punishment just simply best interests of business.

The Italians like the Greeks will vote in favour of EU because the people know wihtout the stabilising influence of teh EU and good governance their politicians are shiite and self interested businessmen. I'd say the same about Spain. Scotland is queuing up to join the bigger EU dream too.

Time will tell.

He doesn't need to qualify how it will happen, isn't it obvious? The UK needs to give businesses incentive to stay as well as attract new business. The Nissan boss said he was happy with the outcome of the meeting with the government. Where will the subsidies come from for EU businesses of while we are one of the largest customers? You see it works 2 ways, those idiots in Brussels and that Frenchie think they can throw a hard ball at us well what are they going to do when there is a massive slump far and wide across all sectors that trade with the UK? We have a strong negotiating position and they know it so all this hard talk is a joke frankly because they are only bull5hiting themselves.

Scotland is dreaming in la la land because they first have to reduce their deficit to 3% of gdp before they qualify (currently almost 10 percent). Where is Scotland going to create at least 7% of gdp worth of trade? Not only this but the eu has also said that Scotland cannot remain if the UK leaves.

This guy has 40 years experience in finance and asset management and has managed 1.7 billion dollars so he does know what he is talking about.

Euro needs fiscal union or break up. That's on the horizon and never disputed it.

No, it is far from on the horizon. They cannot even agree politically and the various peoples will never agree to it anyhow.

Question you need to answer is how is leaving the EU going to benefit the UK?

Get some distance between us and those who still cannot see what's coming down the road.

Whether EU sinks or swims where do her advantages lie, in or out of the union?

Out, they will all be better off when they become more like the UK, having taken back control of their own destiny.

Gloating at the prospect of EU failure either way will be bad for the UK in or out. Just goes to show what kind of a handle you have on developments!

I'm a realist, I know what's coming. Such a pity the majority walk around with their heads in the clouds. It will be a real eye opener when it all goes tits for the EU !

As for the global debt crises; UK & US not far away so I have no idea what you have to smirk about.

There's nothing at all to smirk about. The whole world is in the pooh and all of it brought about by political and financial incompetence.

Whilst at it, UKIP have had lost 3rd leader in as so many months. You've left the Italians behind. Nigel Farage, one clever bloke he is. Heard somewhere that the party is unmanageable. Possible vacancy there for you perhaps... :idea:

Now there's a thought. :)

Re: Breakup of the union, yes it is a possibility and some countries may leave, however, quite a few will also unite.

The Dutch, Benelux, Germany and Francce will probably unite imo. They all speak each others language anyhow including English.

Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Ireland and Scotland may not be desired in the union unless they behave or conform.

Either way EU will get stronger and UK likely to be facing much bigger competition in Europe along with troubles than before.

I reckon UK will be better able to influence outcome to a more beneficial footing inside the EU than out. We are not part of the Euro so impact to UK of no consequence. If anything we may then pick up some of their business.

Re: Breakup of the union, yes it is a possibility and some countries may leave, however, quite a few will also unite.

The Dutch, Benelux, Germany and Francce will probably unite imo. They all speak each others language anyhow including English.

Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Ireland and Scotland may not be desired in the union unless they behave or conform.

Either way EU will get stronger and UK likely to be facing much bigger competition in Europe along with troubles than before.

I reckon UK will be better able to influence outcome to a more beneficial footing inside the EU than out. We are not part of the Euro so impact to UK of no consequence. If anything we may then pick up some of their business.

It's all wishful thinking that you put forward.

I've travelled and worked in a good number of these countries you mention.

The Dutch people are not fans of the EU.

The Scots won't burn their bridges by entertaining the SNP agenda of departing the UK.

The French political classes are all washed up. Le Penn will do very nicely in the vacuum.

U.K. Attorney Says Likely Final Brexit Deal Needs Lawmaker Vote

A U.K. government lawyer told a panel of three senior judges that any final agreement between the European Union and Britain over Brexit would need to be ratified by Parliament.

It is "very likely" that both the House of Commons and the House of Lords would get a vote on any new treaty, even though it’s possible that Prime Minister Theresa May could proceed without, government lawyer James Eadie said Tuesday. His comments didn’t address the central question of whether May can trigger Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty by April next year without calling a vote in Parliament.

Oh dear Fugs, I suspect you're going to have to join me and a few others on the naughty step.

Sir has made it very clear that it's not acceptable to reference pro-Brexit newspapers like the Telegragh, Daily Mail, Express and The Guardian. You see, they're all about spin and propaganda; none of them report the true facts in the way the EU's own website does. And the simple fact of the situation is that leaving the EU means we're up poo creek in a barbed wire boat without a paddle. How many more times do you have to be told!

PS. Good article btw - makes perfect sense to me!

Oh dear Fugs, I suspect you're going to have to join me and a few others on the naughty step.

Sir has made it very clear that it's not acceptable to reference pro-Brexit newspapers like the Telegragh, Daily Mail, Express and The Guardian. You see, they're all about spin and propaganda; none of them report the true facts in the way the EU's own website does. And the simple fact of the situation is that leaving the EU means we're up poo creek in a barbed wire boat without a paddle. How many more times do you have to be told!

PS. Good article btw - makes perfect sense to me!

The Guardian is just a simple newspaper which is well balanced imo. It's cool. The other three is for the lazy non-thinking man who wants to hear and read what he likes and not be challenged or find anything remotely disagreeable to upset his morning. ;)

That is a good article. No one is arguing against the fall in the pound as being good for exports and raising import prices hoping for some kind of boost to our manufacturing. That's all well and good.

Isue simply put Brexit is about;

1. regaining sovereignty (some feel we've lost it) and

2. reducing migration into England and Wales (some feel it is depressing min wage??? and taking jobs from the locals).

3. reduce regulation (some feel it is having a detrimental impact on our exporting ability)

4. £9bn is not worth membership of the European Union with its four freedoms!

Fall in currency has nothing to do with Brexit at all.

It is a byproduct of how the market values UK economy based on Conservative party speel, post-referendum and post hard-Brexit potential.

It's not like the UK has just woken up to the current account deficit of the last 100+ years and is now addressing the issue by allowing the pound to find its own level is it?

Brexit means Brexit! Easy as ABC, 123. Don't challenge anything. Don't ask any questions and just roll with the punches! It'll all work out you'll see. :rolleyes:

Errrmmm ok mi lord :)

Last edited:

Attachments

• sun.JPG
    sun.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 121
No one is arguing against the fall in the pound as being good for exports and raising import prices hoping for some kind of boost to our manufacturing. That's all well and good.

Isue simply put Brexit is about;

1. regaining sovereignty (some feel we've lost it) and

2. reducing migration into England and Wales (some feel it is depressing min wage??? and taking jobs from the locals).

3. reduce regulation (some feel it is having a detrimental impact on our exporting ability)

4. £9bn is not worth membership of the European Union with its four freedoms!

Fall in currency has nothing to do with Brexit at all.

It is a byproduct of how the market values UK economy based on Conservative party speel, post-referendum and post hard-Brexit potential.

It's not like the UK has just woken up to the current account deficit of the last 100+ years and is now addressing the issue by allowing the pound to find its own level is it?

Brexit means Brexit! Easy as ABC, 123. Don't challenge anything. Don't ask any questions and just roll with the punches! It'll all work out you'll see. :rolleyes:

Errrmmm ok mi lord :)

The EU has failed. Why? Because is taking away sovereignty out of the hands of the people and giving it to the scumbags, they have not any interest in building better social structures but are only keen in profiting.

This is now all clear and the English are showing the way. Others will follow, it is just a matter of time or others will renegotiate the terms and if that happens then England will reconsider...Of course Germany will not be happy.... (hallo? anybody there?)

England will be much better, give them time, soon Germans will buy their cars and fish and chips will be exported to China.......

The EU has failed. Why? Because is taking away sovereignty out of the hands of the people and giving it to the scumbags, they have not any interest in building better social structures but are only keen in profiting.

This is now all clear and the English are showing the way. Others will follow, it is just a matter of time or others will renegotiate the terms and if that happens then England will reconsider...Of course Germany will not be happy.... (hallo? anybody there?)

England will be much better, give them time, soon Germans will buy their cars and fish and chips will be exported to China.......

The Euro has failed.

Needs fiscal side policy to manage poorly managed nations and politicians acting in their own selfish interests yes.

Greater democracy can be introduced into the union but one that ultimately will end up swapping national elections.

Its still early and like all other nations Europe has its problems.

We were already in a good spot and making changes perhaps to a Norwegian Swiss model may have been a good compromise to throwing the baby out with the bath water as they say.

As for us being better off given time, I hope I get to see it :)

Last edited:
Guys - I was a remainer.

Since the Brexit vote I felt compelled to follow my heart and have now got a second home in Gran Canaria. Apart from the weather being far superior than anything this country has to offer, I'm finding it cheaper to live there and there are plenty of opportunities to work or set up a business.

Now you would think that brexiters would applaud the fact that my wife and I are embarked on a path towards reducing the net migration figures by two. That just does not seem to be the case.

The big problem i am finding is when I google about brexit and net migration all the info is about people migrating in to the UK and not those who want to migrate out of it.

The media (official and social) just don't seem to talk about what is happening to the rights to live and work anywhere in the EU - for british citizens. No help or advice about my rights and what the governement plan to do about them. Do they intend to restrict or remove those rights? I have looked - no info, nada, nothing. Why is no one talking about that?

It seems to me that brexit voters and the government are set on a path that says they want to deny me this opportunity - or at least make my life as difficult as possible.

So why do you brexiters wanna do that to me? And what is it, 3.5 million more brits who would rather live and work where the sun shines?

Rich

. . . It seems to me that brexit voters and the government are set on a path that says they want to deny me this opportunity - or at least make my life as difficult as possible.

So why do you brexiters wanna do that to me? And what is it, 3.5 million more brits who would rather live and work where the sun shines?
Hi Rich,
I don't quite understand who - or what - your beef is with?

As far as I'm aware, there's nothing in the Brexit result that's going to restrict you - or anyone else - who wishes to reside in other EU countries. One of the fundamental misunderstanding of the remain camp as a whole (although not you personally necessarily), is that they thought that a vote to leave was anti Europe and a desire to annex ourselves from Europeans. That's not the case at all. I love Europe and haven't ruled out the possibility of living there myself one day. I have a close friend who has just bought a villa in Portugal that I look forward to visiting and some other friends who live in Andalucía. Great places!

I can't speak for Teresa May and her government, but I can't see there's anything to be gained by stopping you and others like you from moving to sunny Europe. On the other hand, I suppose the Spanish authorities might view you differently once the political ties are cut. They would be shooting themselves in the foot by doing so, as ex-pats make a significant contribution to their local economy. If they did make life difficult in some way, then your beef would be with them and not with us.

To conclude, I don't see that anyone's denying you an opportunity, or making life difficult for you and, whilst I can't speak for all Brexiteers, I do indeed applaud you for pursuing your dreams. Good on ya!

Now, I must go and pack for my ferry crossing to France tomorrow . . .
Tim.

"shut it you sl@@@@g n' get yer t1ts aight......no way I'm payin' more for my Wine, tennents super & copy o' me Sun !!"

Is it too late to change my mind ? I want to stay in !!

Or out........ ahhhh man, need to read the tomorrows Sun to help me decide !

Used to have a photo on page 3 when I used to look at the pictures back in the 80's:LOL:

It's funny it's the first place I started to read share prices on a daily basis.

Always remember the euro tunnel shares have big daily price movements.

Any back to the BBC football pages.