Brexit and the Consequences

Aren't you falling into the same pot hole as remainers?

Listening to peeps on news, Brexit uncertainty has something to do with where to invest in the production of next fleet of cars; whether tjhey be petrol or electric.

View is if Brexit does turn ugly then Japan will no longer invest in car production in UK that's certain. Even if Japan produces electric cars, they face same EU import hurdle. Much better to continue with current setup and investments then start anew.

As before industries will locate near to their markets or resource inputs. No reason to change a working model.

One thing is certain, Brexit uncertainty is not helping investment coming into the UK for obvious reasons. :unsure:

That’s the remainer view right there, not sure how I am falling into the same pothole?

My view is a fall off in demand for diesel, a few other minor factors, Brexit being one of them, but business don’t make moves based on emotion they base it on money.

Japan and Far East is mostly a petrol market, we were all conned into buying diesels through the noughties, factories were built to accommodate that local market in Europe and this market has now died a political death which is why Nissan are keeping shtum and politically correct about the real reason for stopping production, they were also encouraged to grow the diesel market by UKGov.

That’s the remainer view right there, not sure how I am falling into the same pothole?

My view is a fall off in demand for diesel, a few other minor factors, Brexit being one of them, but business don’t make moves based on emotion they base it on money.

Japan and Far East is mostly a petrol market, we were all conned into buying diesels through the noughties, factories were built to accommodate that local market in Europe and this market has now died a political death which is why Nissan are keeping shtum and politically correct about the real reason for stopping production, they were also encouraged to grow the diesel market by UKGov.

I had a petrol X-trail built in Sunderland so they wouldn’t have had any trouble reducing the Diesel/petrol mix as necessary. Your assumption that diesel was the “real reason” therefore seems to be just a guess on your part.

The old idea of doing diligent and faithful service to the country seems a thing of the past.
Not as bad as the banana republics yet but going downhill that way.

It's a good question, did you notice Adonis is blaming it on Brexit :rolleyes:

Whatever the reason it's highly political as Nisaan won't comment, my guess is diesel fall-off predictions now that UK is committed to electric. Plus car industry as a whole in its cyclic decline, sentiment buys cars, pessimistic as it may be, the bloody S&P won't go down :mad:

brexit (and indirectly the UK consumers demand for cars) is only part of the story.......most big car producers are pulling in their horns and also having to restructure for the push towards electric .....major major re-engineering changes needed in an industry that generally has been pretty linear for decades

For Leavers and Remainers all:

Confirmation bias is an interesting subject for reflection which forms part of the larger area of Self-affirmation theory.

It's amusing to ascertain that it's almost always someone else who displays it:p

No doubt there will be a whole load of enterprises using Brexit as an excuse for their poor performances. (Remember shopkeepers & their price increases due to decimalisation?) WRT to Nissan - if it's Brexit related why aren't they moving production to another EU country with even cheaper labour? I'm just now waiting for some wacky trader to blame Brexit for his failures!
Hi 0007,
Needless to say, Nissan's decision has very little to do with Brexit - as the ever delightful JH-B explains. Enjoy . . .
Julia Hartley-Brewer: You can't blame Brexit for everything!

For Leavers and Remainers all:

Confirmation bias is an interesting subject for reflection which forms part of the larger area of Self-affirmation theory.

It's amusing to ascertain that it's almost always someone else who displays it:p

Yup, it's so very difficult to take a balanced & impartial view when you really believe in something. Isn't that why mathematics is such a wonderful subject – usually, you can prove/disprove what you are talking about (unless of course you are dealing with propositions loved by those very very clever mathematicians!). If you think you're smart you can even use the mathematical tool to enhance and "prove" whatever is your favourite confirmation bias.

Of course, ........................... as traders we all learned a long time ago to take a dispassionate and unbiased view on everything !!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hi 0007,
Needless to say, Nissan's decision has very little to do with Brexit - as the ever delightful JH-B explains. Enjoy . . .
Julia Hartley-Brewer: You can't blame Brexit for everything!

Yes, not Brexit, probably the EU/Japan trade deal featured strongly. Can’t see the diesel thing since I had a petrol X-trail and they could quite easily change to all petrol. Whatever reason it’s a damn shame for Sunderland.