Brexit and the Consequences

So the EU turns up the freezer, looks like no dice to me, gonna need some thawing back home.

They are in such a bad mood I doubt that Britain will still keep science and Interpol connections.
I forget who appointed Junker. Lagarde etc. but they shouldn't have.

They are in such a bad mood I doubt that Britain will still keep science and Interpol connections.

Yes which unelected body appointed them?

I'll be more than happy that my vote helped to end the EU's cosy little elitist club. One more layer of parasites we won't need to deal with.

If as seems now possible that we won't (certainly shouldn't) be paying the 39 billion, then I think we should take a few bob from it and treat ourselves to a really good firework display on March 29th. I also think that we should invite Juncker and all our "friends" from Brussels to watch the display on Thames-side Parliament – and of course we should invite them over, all expenses paid, provided they route through the old Eurostar terminal at Waterloo: just to remind them of a bit of European history!

I think that would be a fitting riposte to Tusk's recent remarks with his congratulatory card at the microphone. :p

If as seems now possible that we won't (certainly shouldn't) be paying the 39 billion, then I think we should take a few bob from it and treat ourselves to a really good firework display on March 29th. I also think that we should invite Juncker and all our "friends" from Brussels to watch the display on Thames-side Parliament – and of course we should invite them over, all expenses paid, provided they route through the old Eurostar terminal at Waterloo: just to remind them of a bit of European history!

I think that would be a fitting riposte to Tusk's recent remarks with his congratulatory card at the microphone. :p

Agree 39bn should only be paid after final trade agreement is concluded.

I'm dead against paying for simply a withdrawal agreement with trade agreement kicked down the road with no certainties.

Having said that, if I were the EU, I'd cut my losses and simply wave goodbye to UK and I feel this is their approach to talks with us. Take it or leave it. Patience has run out.

It's all going horribly wrong imo. I dread to think what industries will help peripheral UK create employment to sell to the rest of the World.

It's about to start getting even more interesting. The pigheadedness of both May and the EU won't get a deal and as usual our Quisling appeaser will agree to yet another delay – so that we don't actually leave on March 29th. Step forward Farage and the new Brexit party and vast quantities of votes will be siphoned off from existing Labour/Conservative supporters (forget Lib Dems they will still be pontificating). If we get to MEP elections in May this will likely be a game changer which will scare the proverbial out of the existing parties just as it did prior to the 2016 referendum. Recent behaviour from the EU, total incompetence of the government and even worse from Corbyn's lot will ensure Farage's ascendancy.

Populism – a much abused word but call it what you like, started with the referendum and is about to blossom.

These nut jobs are in charge of educating indoctrinating our kids.

And when she has finished gobbing off.......she has said....... precisely nothing. Another vacuous academic educated beyond her own intelligence.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-po...essor-invites-jacob-rees-mogg-to-naked-debate

I think she is a very smart woman. Don't see what your gripes are? Brave new world out there.

First time I've heard about her and it was necessary for her to take off her clothes before BBC presented her views. She is well qualified.

I find it ironic for the news reader to then question her about why she thought it was necessary to take her clothes off to make her point. Dumb and Dumber comes to mind.

I think she's great. My kind of woman. :love::love::love::love: I see a strong character, will and determination along with a beautiful mind and of course body. We have all kinds of Barbies taking their clothes off flashing their tities to become famous and here you are knocking a wonderful eccentric person because it goes against your belief system.

Varoufakis, being a marxist, is only interested in sharing the misery amongst all. Equality in poverty bruv....yay...up the revolution.
The only thing I agree with him on is the intransigence and incompetence of the EU and it's second rate leaders.(y)

CV you still seem to miss your hypocrisy here.

What I gather from your quote is that you agree with the EU that Greece, working less and receiving greater pension pay out for retirees who live longer than most Europeans is wrong. However, because he is accusing the Europeans of intransigence and incompetence at not giving in to Greek requests to continue in their old ways without pension reform you are commending Varoufakis for slagging off abuse at the EU?

Be a decent chap and just carry out a double check on your contribution. (y)

I think she is a very smart woman. Don't see what your gripes are? Brave new world out there.

First time I've heard about her and it was necessary for her to take off her clothes before BBC presented her views. She is well qualified.

I find it ironic for the news reader to then question her about why she thought it was necessary to take her clothes off to make her point. Dumb and Dumber comes to mind.

I think she's great. My kind of woman. :love::love::love::love: I see a strong character, will and determination along with a beautiful mind and of course body. We have all kinds of Barbies taking their clothes off flashing their tities to become famous and here you are knocking a wonderful eccentric person because it goes against your belief system.

She has a website where you can watch the whole nonsensical naked lecture at Cambridge uni.

TBH....I can see now why man invented clothes and It wasn't to keep warm.:sick:

She has a website where you can watch the whole nonsensical naked lecture at Cambridge uni.

TBH....I can see now why man invented clothes and It wasn't to keep warm.:sick:

When people have to resort to gimmicks to get their point of view across, it tells you all you need to know about the substance of their argument.

I agree with your comment on clothes invention. On a hot summer's day there regularly appear some "avert your eyes now" sights and I always give a silent thank you to whoever invented my self-darkening glasses. Some people – especially the ladies – don't seem to understand that if you've got something worth looking at then it can become more attractive by artistically hiding it. If on the other hand it ain't worth looking at ...........................

. . . Step forward Farage and the new Brexit party and vast quantities of votes will be siphoned off from existing Labour/Conservative supporters (forget Lib Dems they will still be pontificating). If we get to MEP elections in May this will likely be a game changer which will scare the proverbial out of the existing parties just as it did prior to the 2016 referendum. . .
Hi 0007,
I would agree with your assessment but for one thing: the divide between Farage's new Brexit party and UKIP. IMO, it's a great shame that Farage can't reconcile his differences with UKIP - and Gerard Batten in particular - as having two parties fighting on the same platform is bound to split the vote. For that reason, my guess is that the Tories and Labour will be doing all they can to encourage Farage to start a new party as that could just save their bacon come the next election. Batten's big mistake was to embrace Tommy Robinson, regardless of whether he's a rotten egg or a good bloke who's been the victim of a smear campaign. As always, it's perception that matters - to the exclusion of all else - including the facts. And, rightly or wrongly, the public perception is that Robinson is a really rotten egg, such that for every new voter he draws to UKIP - two or more (existing or potential) voters will be repelled or fall away. That was Batten's one big mistake, otherwise he appears to me to be doing a half decent job and comes across pretty well in interviews and debates etc.
Tim.