Brexit and the Consequences

why not capitalise on this and make a board game ?

BREXIT ....a fun game for all the family ...all ages as even kids will do better than the politicians have

Each player has a referendum card they can play at any time
Each player has a vote of no confidence card they can play at any time
Each player has a "make your opponents dance to Abba" card
Each player gets millions of pounds of tax payers money to waste on trips to Europe to visit anyone really....

the winner is the person who most screws up the negotiations and leaves the UK in the worst Economic situation....

NOTE - It doesnt matter if the UK stays or leaves the UK in the game......thats not important

N

The entire world economic systems are changing and the clueless just want everything to stay the same.

Within the last 2 hrs we have just seen yet another flash crash probably because most of the trading algo's are turned off until next week.
Always the same story when there is low liquidity.

noted......but yen has come back hard london session towards POC yesterday .....easy pickings on shorting yen in pairs so far

A slightly different take on the economic consequences of Brexit. Funnily enough, it's not all doom 'n gloom after all. Who'd have thunk it! . . .

Spoiler alert. This is the real Cummings explaining how Leave won the referendum. We can compare it to the film going out on Monday evening.

Spoiler alert. This is the real Cummings explaining how Leave won the referendum. We can compare it to the film going out on Monday evening.
Interesting vid', thanks c_v. Let's hope that Dominic Cummings reprises his Vote Leave role in the event of a second referendum which, as things stand, looks increasingly likely.

On that note, I exchanged comments with someone recently on a YouTube vid' who said that if a second referendum is held and less than 50% of the electorate turn out to vote in it - the result would be declared invalid. This was his argument in favour of getting leave voters to boycott it altogether. If it's correct, I could be persuaded to accept the the Hard Remain Vs Soft Remain option that Caroline Lucas, Vince Cable and Anna Soubry et al are demanding. It could actually be to the advantage of Brexiteers and backfire on the hard core remoaners spectacularly. So, does anyone happen to know whether or not the 50% threshold is true?
Tim.

Interesting vid', thanks c_v. Let's hope that Dominic Cummings reprises his Vote Leave role in the event of a second referendum which, as things stand, looks increasingly likely.

On that note, I exchanged comments with someone recently on a YouTube vid' who said that if a second referendum is held and less than 50% of the electorate turn out to vote in it - the result would be declared invalid. This was his argument in favour of getting leave voters to boycott it altogether. If it's correct, I could be persuaded to accept the the Hard Remain Vs Soft Remain option that Caroline Lucas, Vince Cable and Anna Soubry et al are demanding. It could actually be to the advantage of Brexiteers and backfire on the hard core remoaners spectacularly. So, does anyone happen to know whether or not the 50% threshold is true?
Tim.

I'm into watching Vikings serial on Prime and I recall one episode where the wind throws them off course on their sail over to Britain. After getting lost and blown off course they turn on a cripple as having them brought bad luck and gods cursing them. Obviously, Ragnar knows there is no such thing but the men need to blame something. So they come up with the idea to throw the cripple son off the boat so they can win favour with their god again.

This Brexit larky is a very similar story. The problem was asking the people expecting them to make an informed and reasonable analysis, assessment and decision on their predicaments. What do the masses of people know? They've had the vote that's it. Same old story. So all these clever bodies and Parliament and HoLs now need to tip toe around the crazy wishes of the masses to blame the EU for UK's mess and troubles and reject EU membership. Job done. Gods will then favour us again and we will take back control and determine our own destiny and not leave it to the wind of EU.

Absolute mockery of UK's Parliamentary Sovereignty and the constitution is now in full play. In times of crises it is a mature states institutions and laws that protect that state. Sadly, we now have a mutiny and we are in the hand of the mob.

Boycott a referendum they say. Let them. Votes pretty lethargic anyhow. Parliament is sovereign and new elections should determine outcome. At least that is preferred to a referendum.

However, in the event Parliament is locked unable to steer country and a second referendum is held and Brexiteers who can't maintain their deceit and lies wish to boycott. Let them. I think it's pretty clear to most what Brexiteers have done to this country.

They will be forgotten very soon and the country can heave a sigh of relief to know they have thwarted an endemic thorn on UK's butt for now and can debate till outcomes become more certain.

(y)

Tim.

I don't think a second referendum is at all likely as it would resolve nothing. In fact, if anyone in power dared even entertain the idea, then they risk the wrath of the leavers, who rightly would be extremely angry, civil unrest being only a short hop away.

To my mind, No Deal and WTO is pretty much nailed on and there is growing evidence that the people would support that. After all, that was the choice offered by May, "no deal is better than a bad deal" the govt was elected on that manifesto promise....and we all know that Mays bad deal doth butter no parsnips.

Worth bearing in mind that action is now firmly underway in the event of No Deal. Govt would not be doing this if they thought there was a snowball in hell's chance of getting an agreement.

I'm into watching Vikings serial on Prime and I recall one episode where the wind throws them off course on their sail over to Britain. After getting lost and blown off course they turn on a cripple as having them brought bad luck and gods cursing them. Obviously, Ragnar knows there is no such thing but the men need to blame something. So they come up with the idea to throw the cripple son off the boat so they can win favour with their god again.

This Brexit larky is a very similar story. The problem was asking the people expecting them to make an informed and reasonable analysis, assessment and decision on their predicaments. What do the masses of people know? They've had the vote that's it. Same old story. So all these clever bodies and Parliament and HoLs now need to tip toe around the crazy wishes of the masses to blame the EU for UK's mess and troubles and reject EU membership. Job done. Gods will then favour us again and we will take back control and determine our own destiny and not leave it to the wind of EU.

Absolute mockery of UK's Parliamentary Sovereignty and the constitution is now in full play. In times of crises it is a mature states institutions and laws that protect that state. Sadly, we now have a mutiny and we are in the hand of the mob.

Boycott a referendum they say. Let them. Votes pretty lethargic anyhow. Parliament is sovereign and new elections should determine outcome. At least that is preferred to a referendum.

However, in the event Parliament is locked unable to steer country and a second referendum is held and Brexiteers who can't maintain their deceit and lies wish to boycott. Let them. I think it's pretty clear to most what Brexiteers have done to this country.

They will be forgotten very soon and the country can heave a sigh of relief to know they have thwarted an endemic thorn on UK's butt for now and can debate till outcomes become more certain.

(y)

We don't care what the politicians think. Cummings has it exactly right and Brexit voters intentionally defied all the politicians when we delivered our verdict on the EU, the establishment, big corporations and all our useless politicians.

I don't think you have been paying attention to any of this. Oh well, reality will catch up with you at some point. :giggle:

We don't care what the politicians think. Cummings has it exactly right and Brexit voters intentionally defied all the politicians when we delivered our verdict on the EU, the establishment, big corporations and all our useless politicians.

I don't think you have been paying attention to any of this. Oh well, reality will catch up with you at some point. :giggle:

Agree with that. The significance of the leave vote was not just Brexit but also a manifestation of Populism (which is now starting to become a widespread movement) brought about by incompetence/deafness/wrong priorities of the 2 main parties over a recently long period of time. UKIP got its power by filling that vacuum.

If May continues to try and renege on her manifesto and Brexit promises (and they were promises, written down and spoken publicly) there will be a resurgence/increase of Populism in the UK. Coincidentally I see that the "Yellow Vests" have been out in London today – perhaps it's catching? One of the fears of the UK's ruling classes in the 19th century was that we would catch the European revolution disease. If this government doesn't deliver, tries a 2nd referendum or some other fiddle, there will be trouble.

(y)

Brexiteers are bound for Valhalla, Remoaners are bound for Helheim.

This popularism is bit of a fad really. Trump is already unwinding in the US of A. Similarly in other parts of the world, if parties lean towards these so called popular-ism and global-ism nonsense, we'll all be able to see what a complete mess they'll make of the job.

Trump wants to spend 5bn on building his beautiful wall. Hillarious. Why? To keep US of A safe from rapists, killers and terrorists. That's sure is going to be one fantastic magical wall to do all that.

Similarly Brexit, leave the worlds most successful trading block with the biggest disposable income and GDP so UK can strike deals with 100s of other much smaller states. Hillarious? Why? Well would you like to work selling 100 sandwiches over a course of a day or sell one sit down meal in a restaurant for an affluent body?

Well it's not about the meal is it? It's about our national identity. We eat our food with knives and folks not our hands. Unless it's fish n chips in which case that should only be eaten with fingers coz that's when it tastes da best. LOL

Crazy stuff. So now Brexiteers having turned Parliament and the Judiciary into vegetative state, plan on putting yellow shirts on and rioting and burning up cars on streets. You really think that?

I'm going to hazard a guess you'll be joining ranks with the Corbyn crew then? Nice :love::love::love::love:

Last edited: