Brexit and the Consequences

Yeah, you’d find bias in a straight line, signal :)

It's obvious that the establishment are biased. Why would they not be ....it be like turkey's voting for christmas
That was when the US financial crises spread to the UK. Pound first went up to 2.10 against the dollar as international markets looked for safety. Against the Euro it rose to 1.50+.

However, as soon as the UK self regulated banks followed US Lehmans and Bear Sterns pound quickly collapsed to 1.20s.

You highlight the point however, but don't answer the question.

Point remains market doesn't fancy UK outside of the EU, hence selling UK assets with falling investment.

That export benefit is a one off hit. Steroid injection perhaps but if productivity improvements don't kick in or if benefit consumed by inflationary pressures and wage increases that benefit will be lost.

In a nut shell your argument doesn't stack up and exposes UK to inflation import risk and loss of productivity.

Nobody has ever said there won't be a new normal. You, me, everyone will have to adapt. Just think of it as a new challenge.(y)

That was when the US financial crises spread to the UK. Pound first went up to 2.10 against the dollar as international markets looked for safety. Against the Euro it rose to 1.50+.

However, as soon as the UK self regulated banks followed US Lehmans and Bear Sterns pound quickly collapsed to 1.20s.

You highlight the point however, but don't answer the question.

Point remains market doesn't fancy UK outside of the EU, hence selling UK assets with falling investment.

That export benefit is a one off hit. Steroid injection perhaps but if productivity improvements don't kick in or if benefit consumed by inflationary pressures and wage increases that benefit will be lost.

In a nut shell your argument doesn't stack up and exposes UK to inflation import risk and loss of productivity.

Inflation has been so historically low for so long that any rise could be seen as a risk, it doesn't just apply to the UK, most Western countries are at risk, so not directly attributable to Brexit. Pound has been range bound since 2009 and dropping since 2014 again not attributable to Brexit.

As for rising wages, that is pure Globalist talk, most people would be happy to see a rise in wages, inflation or not, after years of wage stagnation, that is already happening because of Brexit, people don't care for globalism, the destruction of the middle class and falling living standards.

Last edited:
Brexit is not about me or you SC.
It is about the UK and future of the younger generation starting out their lives with potential prospects that'll be available for them as it was for us.

Speak for yourself, is this the general view of remainers? At what age is the cut-off? That is such a weak argument, how about the younger generation will be thanking Brexiteers that we extracted ourselves at a time when the EU was about to enter decades of turmoil, bringing about the greatest financial crash in history and taking out the economies of its members.

plane.JPG

Inflation has been so historically low for so long that any rise could be seen as a risk, it doesn't just apply to the UK, most Western countries are at risk, so not directly attributable to Brexit. Pound has been range bound since 2009 and dropping since 2014 again not attributable to Brexit.

As for rising wages, that is pure Globalist talk, most people would be happy to see a rise in wages, inflation or not, after years of wage stagnation, that is already happening because of Brexit, people don't care for globalism, the destruction of the middle class and falling living standards.

Inflation isn't attributable to Brexit but fall in the pound is -> which leads to importing inflation. That's why the BoE raised rates few months back. Your assessment is incorrect. Pound clearly dropped post referendum.

You are being naive if you think rise in wages will be good for UK which already has prodcutivity issues.

This talk of globalism is tosh. Popularism made the public some kind of experts and they don't know what on earth they are talking about. You may think I'm patronising but in all sincerity, the whole world and our way of life is dependent on so many other inputs and nations that anything else is pie in the sky. The advanced countries and the West in particular created it.

Can't get away from it. I'm afraid it shows your lack of comprehension it has to be said. Look at US. Put all kinds of tariffs on China and now hurting her own economy. They're both hurting. Simply that goods and services will be displaced from other countries. Trump is clearly stupid. His consequences along with Brexit already showing and it's only been couple of years.

Inflation isn't attributable to Brexit but fall in the pound is -> which leads to importing inflation. That's why the BoE raised rates few months back. Your assessment is incorrect. Pound clearly dropped post referendum.

You are being naive if you think rise in wages will be good for UK which already has prodcutivity issues.

Again, the UK was experiencing these for years prior to Brexit.

This talk of globalism is tosh. Popularism made the public some kind of experts and they don't know what on earth they are talking about. You may think I'm patronising but in all sincerity, the whole world and our way of life is dependent on so many other inputs and nations that anything else is pie in the sky. The advanced countries and the West in particular created it.

Can't get away from it. I'm afraid it shows your lack of comprehension it has to be said. Look at US. Put all kinds of tariffs on China and now hurting her own economy. They're both hurting. Simply that goods and services will be displaced from other countries. Trump is clearly stupid. His consequences along with Brexit already showing and it's only been couple of years.

You talk about the US tariffs as if in isolation, all countries use tariffs in a competitive market, EU included.

I know change is a scary thing for most people, but change is constant, if Brexit ushers in a new paradigm then there will be a period of adjustment, my suggestion is to prepare if you need to, psychologically that is.

Otherwise grab yourself a billboard with ‘the end is nigh’ written on it, send pictures.:giggle:

. . .Markets always right. So what will it take for you guys to see the total rubbish Brexiteers are churning out day after day?
Hi Atilla,
Just saying Brexiteers churn out total rubbish day after day doesn't make it so. Just saying that the issues highlighted in the video I posted and the Mail Online article have nothing to do with the EU doesn't make it so. By all means make such claims, but you've got to back them up with something substantial: dismissing them in the way you do just doesn't cut it.

As you're so keen on statistics At', here are some collated by Pew Research Centre in a 2014 study.
". . . But, as the electorate heads to the polls beginning May 22, publics across Europe overwhelmingly think that their voice is not heard in Brussels, home to the EU. Majorities in most countries complain that the EU does not understand their needs and is intrusive and inefficient. And they express little enthusiasm for giving the EU greater power on economic issues . . ."

Pew Research Report.png

Does this not endorse the points made by Jordon Peterson who you yourself said had a point? This study is 4 years old now; do you not think that in light of everything that's happened in the interim that the disconnect ordinary EU citizens feel from Brussels is likely to be felt even more strongly today? If not, and you think this is all total rubbish, please respond with your own evidence and data to back up your assertions.
Tim.

Define Globalism?

Wise words indeed Timsk. Are you speaking for the greater throng of Brexiteers, or just for yourself? :p
Define Globalism?

You need to ask that to the geezer who's first uttered it to describe what ever spin he was trying to weave over your grey cells.

I don't know and I don't care.

I know what it means to me and from an economic perspective. I studied back in the 80s as Multinational Corporations locating anywhere in the world to get maximum profits and efficiencies in production. Personally, it means I can go and work for any corporation in any country adhering to rules and regulations. Essentially, one locates near factors of production used in input or alternatively to be closer to market location. Depends on industry and nature of the business.

We live in a global world. In the old days people didn't commute much outside of a 15m radius. These days you can step off on the otherside of the planet tomorrow.

I wouldn't be surprised if your toaster has various parts manufactured somewhere else.

I'm assuming you know so I await your response :)

I don't know and I don't care.

I think you do care, you just choose to ignore the realities.

I know what it means to me and from an economic perspective. I studied back in the 80s as Multinational Corporations locating anywhere in the world to get maximum profits and efficiencies in production. Personally, it means I can go and work for any corporation in any country adhering to rules and regulations. Essentially, one locates near factors of production used in input or alternatively to be closer to market location. Depends on industry and nature of the business.

This explains alot, you bang on about Brexiteers not having a scoobies about globalism and then go onto explain the economies of globalisation, how mixed up you are! I think you should go back to school and learn the differences before trying to tell us what is correct and who is wrong.

I'm assuming you know so I await your response :)

I don't claim to 'know', what I attempt to do is identify aspects of globalism that upset large sections of the population as and when they appear in the context of this thread.

It so happens that the complex and constantly evolving ideologies of both globalism and populism are in opposition to each other. I don't believe that Brexiteers are opposed to globalisation per se, however the implementation of globalisation through the ideology of globalism and corporatism are worrying large sections of populations, especially in the West (Central and South America also appears to be engaged in a populist backlash), giving rise to a wide range of populist thought and changing voting habits to the point of regime change, resulting in for example, the French yellow vest protests which is finding popularity across the EU and beyond.

The EU is engaged in implementing policies of globalism and corporatism, the perception of these policies by it's citizens is one that does not benefit them directly and is in fact eroding their standards of living through punitive taxation, uncontrolled migration, lack of border controls, change without consultation, loss of free speech, disruption to native cultures, imposition of new laws to prevent opposition and a feeling that one's government is actively working against them and not for them, to the benefit of large multinationals and the already rich, elite and powerful.

These are the realities, choose to ignore or dismiss at your peril. Continue in your fantasy land economics and continuation of name calling Brexiteers as stupid all you wish, its not gonna get you very far. (n)

Last edited: