Brexit and the Consequences

He starts off with financial meltdown of EU and says France has massive massive social problems!!! FFS his trying very hard isn't he? Social issues in France is about Macron. Has FA to do with EU. Even if they do want to leave the EU. Let them.

The global economy has endured the meltdown of some of the biggest investments banks in the worlds biggest economies.

We've had many financial issues, Brazil & Argentina has had so many. Same for Russia. Next on the list is China. In comparison, the EU is a stronghold. India has been there too and few other European ones.

I've said this before. EU will not fail. Some countries will leave like the PIGS. Italians much like the Greeks are betting on their political leaders who will take them up sheet creek and leave them their without any paddles. Brexiteer politicians will do the same with the British people. Core EU countries will stick to the EU, adhere to the common rules and come out of the crises far stronger and better than any country that decides to go it alone. Always has been the case in the past and will be the same in the future.

Fiscal policies will need to be integrated. Local politicians can't be trusted to do the right thing.

You as before start frothing in the mouth but lack brains to think your way out of a wet paper bag.

UK problem is the Tories. Starting with thatcher who withdrew subsidies and divided country up. Northern UK will remain behind lagging Southern England. Industries will always locate near their market place. Inequitable distribution of income in teh UK will feed the divide. Money will leave the UK. Investments will fail or follow departure.

NI and Scotlan may well end up braking away from the union. Wales can only dream of how good they had it in the EU.

So they are training more health workers. Take up is a little thin but it's a start. British business will have to pay more for shoddy work from labour who doesn't want to do the work migrants used to ie like picking fruit, cleaning and serving people. How that is going to make the country more productive is beyond me. Mr Dyson despite his Brexit rhetoric is shifting his production to China. What's wrong with Bristol or up North you might ask?

There is an awful stink coming our way and all you can do is talk about other countries petty little issues. Brexit has tied government into knots. Can't do anything else. Drone legislation low priority. Universal Credit postponed. Even Moggy boy switching his fund operation to Dublin.

Frankfurt winning race with Paris for Brexit bank moves
Frankfurt is winning the race to attract the banking jobs moving out of London because of Brexit, with 25 lenders having moved operations there ahead of the UK's departure from the EU, new research published today shows.

This is just the start. European migrant numbers dropped off but migrant numbers still the same but from outside of the EU.

Take back control only to sideline parliament seems like bad idea to me. First time for everything. Contempt of Parliament. TM won't even consult her cabinet operating behind their backs let alone get Parliament to have a say. Right ol banana republic. Do the British people understand what they are voting for or what's going on. Right bunch of indignant numpties and yobs. No leadership in the country. Parliament in disarray and you take joy at France's massive social issues and Italies daft bankrupt banks.

So what if France, Italy or Spain sinks. Better for the UK if you ask me. Hopefully, we may displace some of their industries winning market share where we compete.

Instead, you keep rabbiting about EU failing. Still dreaming and you lack any comprehension of key facts, arguments or rational for why the UK finds her self in the mess we are in.

Good luck with your dreams. You gonna need it :)

Ya will never understand, but i'll keep trying;)

I for one find the structure etc. of the EU quite hard to comprehend but help is at hand...……………...

The European Union is run on an intricate and sophisticated system based on an hierarchical structure of interlocking and overlapping jurisdictions designed to separate the powers whilst reinforcing the authority of the departments, institutions and agencies who collectively and separately control and supervise the diverse activities of the Union and its associated organisations. So Europe is not run by the president of the European Council or the Council of the European Union but by the president of the European Commission, who is akin to prime minister of Europe because he/she is elected for 5 years and heads a Cabinet government whereas the president of the Council, on the other hand, is not elected but appointed, and presides over the meetings of the Council, which is not the Cabinet.
The elected MEPs loosely form a Parliament with little power or influence.

So there we are, now enlightened.

I for one find the structure etc. of the EU quite hard to comprehend but help is at hand...……………...

The European Union is run on an intricate and sophisticated system based on an hierarchical structure of interlocking and overlapping jurisdictions designed to separate the powers whilst reinforcing the authority of the departments, institutions and agencies who collectively and separately control and supervise the diverse activities of the Union and its associated organisations. So Europe is not run by the president of the European Council or the Council of the European Union but by the president of the European Commission, who is akin to prime minister of Europe because he/she is elected for 5 years and heads a Cabinet government whereas the president of the Council, on the other hand, is not elected but appointed, and presides over the meetings of the Council, which is not the Cabinet.
The elected MEPs loosely form a Parliament with little power or influence.

So there we are, now enlightened.

None of them are elected, rather they are appointed by their own, which is totally undemocratic as you or I can never get shut of them.

None of them are elected, rather they are appointed by their own, which is totally undemocratic as you or I can never get shut of them.

Anymore than you and I can never get shut of the UK civil servants who are not elected either.

Fair enough that you are a leaver, but do get the facts straight.

Under the EU ordinary legislative procedure the commission (appointed not elected) can only propose legislation which must be agreed by the Council of Ministers (the governments (PMs) of all the member states who are democratically elected) AND the directly elected (by you and me) European Parliament.

Thus, any legislation requires the say so of democratically elected governments AND directly elected MEPs and cannot stand without being passed by both those bodies.

Ps: Happy Christmas

Last edited:
Anymore than you and I can never get shut of the UK civil servants who are not elected either.

Fair enough that you are a leaver, but do get the facts straight.

Under the EU ordinary legislative procedure the commission (appointed not elected) can only propose legislation which must be agreed by the Council of Ministers (the governments (PMs) of all the member states who are democratically elected) AND the directly elected (by you and me) European Parliament.

Thus, any legislation requires the say so of democratically elected governments AND directly elected MEPs and cannot stand without being passed by both those bodies.

Ps: Happy Christmas

Excellent and now the voters in all these countries have finally woken up and realised that in order to effect change, they have to stop voting for the mainstream and instead vote for populist fringe parties. So disaffected Europeans will bring the whole edifice down from within, in the same way that UK voters elected UKIP to start that process.(y)

So how do we know that the only route for the UK is a no deal hard Brexit? Well, the markets are already pricing it in.

Merry Christmas to all on the thread.

If you believe Brexit is evil, then it looks to be the lesser.

Don’t despair, however bad Brexit gets, says PETER OBORNE
https://mol.im/a/6529415

There is something really strange with the Brexit argument and it reflects on peoples attitude to their neighbours.

There was an experiment conducted about how and where people see them selves. It went like this.

They gave people two questions:

1. To have a job earning $50,000 p/a whilst their equivalent neighbours were paid $25,000

2. To have a job earning $100,000 p/a whilst their equivalent neighbours were paid $200,000

Funny enough option one was picked by majority of the people. It is envy that seems to be the key driver and being better off than your peers rather than absolute gain.

So whilst I understand CV. SC's and Peter.O's post and article, it is positively sick :sick: and clearly highlights the numpty syndrome.

(y)

What we need is the wholesale clear out of extremist remoaner MP's, Lords and elites and replace them with people who are
actually interested in running the country.

What we need is the wholesale clear out of extremist remoaner MP's, Lords and elites and replace them with people who are
actually interested in running the country.

Why?

Just because of one ppoor advisory referendum, that's led us to where we are today.

Is that your comprehension of democracy and how parliament works?

Why?

Just because of one ppoor advisory referendum, that's led us to where we are today.

Is that your comprehension of democracy and how parliament works?

No, I and many others are sick and tired of misguided entitled people with their snouts in the trough.

For years now a few of us have been highlighting this story and yet it's only now that Govt is even talking about it. Moderate voices like Tommy Robinson have been vilified for simply informing the public and speaking the truth. A sentiment that the Home Secretary now shares. Unbelievable:rolleyes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46684638

No, I and many others are sick and tired of misguided entitled people with their snouts in the trough.

Well one of you Brexiteers pointed out this view point from Jordan Peterson.

He indeed makes a valid point but as I said before he is an academic and pointing out an observation.

You don't even understand or care to bother about how Parliament works. I doubt most people even know how their Local Authority works or even the management structure for the corporation they work for assuming it is a big one.

Yet you are quite at liberty in the name of popularism, encouraged by career politicians branding that word abour referendums and democracy as if you know the sh!t you talk about. Even worse, when it is pointed out to you, you continue in your lala land.

You are so full of self righteousness and yet I am the one who is accused of being a biggot. There lies the paradox. Hard case Brexiteers all about kicking ass instead of winning hearts and minds for the better. It's all hope and glory wishy washy tosh.

Don't blame most as the situ is indeed a complex one. Why would anyone ask caveman about rocket science is beyond me. Why do drunken young men valdalise bus stop shelters there to protect them from the rain? There is something most inexplicable. Intoxicated with their ability to destroy without understanding what they are doing? Self indulgence gone nuts.

Sad point about all this however, is that we are on the same side. I loath snoty gits gorging on other peoples graft. Entitled aristrocracy maintaining the divide instead of uniting people.

The very Brexiteers will be the ones who lose out more imho.

. . .So whilst I understand CV. SC's and Peter.O's post and article, it is positively sick :sick: and clearly highlights the numpty syndrome.
Hi Atilla,

I've done my best to equate the Mail Online article that Sig' posted with your reference to the study (which I have heard of) - but I can't quite work it out. Maybe that's because I'm a numpty! ;-) Be that as it may, it looks like a bit of a non-sequitur to me, as the point of the article isn't really to suggest how well off we Brits are compared to the rest of Europe but, rather, to highlight what a dire state many European countries are now in and why a large portion of the blame for that lies with Brussels. It's clear to all 'n sundry that the EU has made - and is making - a total pig's ear of things.

As a trader you understand and accept the importance of being able to adapt to the prevailing market conditions and not to stick rigidly to an earlier view. If the circumstances change, then you must be willing and ready to change too - by adding to positions, closing them or whatever. Same thing applies to business - think of the high street retailers. It's a basic universal law that applies to just about everything. For the EU to think that it's special in some way and that this principle doesn't apply to them is the very height and definition of hubris. If it doesn't take it's chubby fingers out of its lug holes and starts listening to - and engaging with - its critics, it's not going to survive. Simple as that.
Tim.

There is something really strange with the Brexit argument and it reflects on peoples attitude to their neighbours.

There was an experiment conducted about how and where people see them selves. It went like this.

They gave people two questions:

1. To have a job earning $50,000 p/a whilst their equivalent neighbours were paid $25,000

2. To have a job earning $100,000 p/a whilst their equivalent neighbours were paid $200,000

Funny enough option one was picked by majority of the people. It is envy that seems to be the key driver and being better off than your peers rather than absolute gain.

So whilst I understand CV. SC's and Peter.O's post and article, it is positively sick :sick: and clearly highlights the numpty syndrome.

(y)

I don’t know many in the UK that are paid in dollars, if this survey was conducted in the US then it is highly unlikely to apply to the UK and will have little relation to Brexit.

Methinks one is scraping the barrel here. [emoji16]

For years now a few of us have been highlighting this story and yet it's only now that Govt is even talking about it. Moderate voices like Tommy Robinson have been vilified for simply informing the public and speaking the truth. A sentiment that the Home Secretary now shares. Unbelievable:rolleyes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46684638

Eventually govts will have to come around to the real mainstream view for fear of losing votes, alas it might come too late for them.

Last edited:
Hi Atilla,

I've done my best to equate the Mail Online article that Sig' posted with your reference to the study (which I have heard of) - but I can't quite work it out. Maybe that's because I'm a numpty! ;-) Be that as it may, it looks like a bit of a non-sequitur to me, as the point of the article isn't really to suggest how well off we Brits are compared to the rest of Europe but, rather, to highlight what a dire state many European countries are now in and why a large portion of the blame for that lies with Brussels. It's clear to all 'n sundry that the EU has made - and is making - a total pig's ear of things.

As a trader you understand and accept the importance of being able to adapt to the prevailing market conditions and not to stick rigidly to an earlier view. If the circumstances change, then you must be willing and ready to change too - by adding to positions, closing them or whatever. Same thing applies to business - think of the high street retailers. It's a basic universal law that applies to just about everything. For the EU to think that it's special in some way and that this principle doesn't apply to them is the very height and definition of hubris. If it doesn't take it's chubby fingers out of its lug holes and starts listening to - and engaging with - its critics, it's not going to survive. Simple as that.
Tim.

Hi Tim,

If my next door neighbour suffers why should I count my blessings?

In fact if I'm a member of a team, if some of the team members are in turmoil why should I be counting my blessings!

Here is a quote from SC's article. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/...worse-Just-look-Europe-says-PETER-OBORNE.html

But we should also count our blessings. We are not the only country experiencing turmoil — and for many of our neighbours it is far worse.

I have a pain on my big toe, I go to the doctor and he says don't worry your neighbour has hemorrhoids up his arse????

As for the study, I would go with option 2. As said for the Brexiteers, nobody voted in the referendum to be poorer but as we have seen on this thread some peeps quite ready to cut off ones nose to spite ones face.

CV is the same. Keeps telling us EU is going to implode. Yet they've struck new deals with Canada and Japan in the last two years we've been talking about leaving.

As I've pointed out there are some major big projects ongoing one being the great silk road railline and Brexiteers are blinkered. Saying it doesn't it make it so.

Yes there are issues, migration being one of them but that has already started to die down and EU I believe will address those issues. (y)