Brexit and the Consequences

Attachments

• brexit-cat.jpg
    brexit-cat.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 124
I see that it is the end of March, now. :cry:

My advice_ Believe it when you see it! That's six months away.!

Don't get me wrong--I think that it will happen. The question is "When"?

Think you answered your own question sir.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    718.6 KB · Views: 109
I originally understood that Parliament and HoLs were going to debate Repeal of the Bill” to abolish the 1972 European Communities Act.

It seems that's not the case. Invoking article 50 will proceed and subsequently which of the EU laws to be binned will be voted on.

I think that's it.

I didn't think it was over, but it is now!!!

:(

The Great Repeal Bill has to be passed by both Houses, and that would trigger a debate in each, before it can be made an Act to repeal the 1972 Act.

The Treaty of Lisbon that Article 50 comes from does not force us to pass an Act allowing the government to trigger Article 50. But either House could force a debate on triggering Article 50, say, by holding up the Repeal Bill's passage.

I really hope Parliament is not obstructive, that would only delay Article 50 and weaken our bargaining position in Brussels after Article 50.

The Great Repeal Bill has to be passed by both Houses, and that would trigger a debate in each, before it can be made an Act to repeal the 1972 Act.

The Treaty of Lisbon that Article 50 comes from does not force us to pass an Act allowing the government to trigger Article 50. But either House could force a debate on triggering Article 50, say, by holding up the Repeal Bill's passage.

I really hope Parliament is not obstructive, that would only delay Article 50 and weaken our bargaining position in Brussels after Article 50.

The big IF is, if it gets delayed for too long there might not be an EU with which to negotiate. Too many countries are immersed in their own misfortunes, at present, and not enough time is being spent on the whole project.

I do not want the Brexiters to be right, as far as Europe is concerned, but I am becoming, increasingly, concerned about the Union. It has to get its act together.

The big IF is, if it gets delayed for too long there might not be an EU with which to negotiate. Too many countries are immersed in their own misfortunes, at present, and not enough time is being spent on the whole project.

I do not want the Brexiters to be right, as far as Europe is concerned, but I am becoming, increasingly, concerned about the Union. It has to get its act together.

That was why we left. A disorganised rabble imho.

That was why we left. A disorganised rabble imho.

Well, one less, at least ! :) Personally, I don't believe that. Disorganised, perhaps. Rabble, no.

If you mean Hung Parliaments, that is what happens when a country does away with the two party system. That is why the UK opted to leave, because new parties came into the picture.

Actually, I hope the EU stays together without us. Just selfishly, it will just be easier for us to negotiate with one body than 20 minor players. And its possible negotiating with Germany alone would be a lot tougher than if they have to be part of a shambolic consensus.

If you mean Hung Parliaments, that is what happens when a country does away with the two party system. That is why the UK opted to leave, because new parties came into the picture.

Don'think so Splitto. Why should we care what minor parties emerge. The 2 major parties weren't listening to their electorate, I think you will find.

I originally understood that Parliament and HoLs were going to debate Repeal of the Bill” to abolish the 1972 European Communities Act.

It seems that's not the case. Invoking article 50 will proceed and subsequently which of the EU laws to be binned will be voted on. :cheesy:

I think that's it. :cheesy:

I didn't think it was over, but it is now!!! :cheesy:

:(
:cheesy:

Actually, I hope the EU stays together without us. Just selfishly, it will just be easier for us to negotiate with one body than 20 minor players. And its possible negotiating with Germany alone would be a lot tougher than if they have to be part of a shambolic consensus.

No problem, Tom. Just pass over 60 billion to tide us over the next few months. :)

Well, looky looky at the FTSE 100, hitting highs after all the spine quivering nonsense from the remain fear camp....what a bunch of turnips........:LOL:

Well, looky looky at the FTSE 100, hitting highs after all the spine quivering nonsense from the remain fear camp....what a bunch of turnips........:LOL:

You forgot that cable is at the lows and hence uk shares are priced in pounds then the ftse is not at the highs , its below pre brexit levels . Inverse correlation much like the yen and the Nekkei.

You forgot that cable is at the lows and hence uk shares are priced in pounds then the ftse is not at the highs , its below pre brexit levels . Inverse correlation much like the yen and the Nekkei.

You can spin it anyway you like, exports are up and the sun came up every morning since....sick of hearing negative to55.