Brexit and the Consequences

UK is not particularly bothered who is french president, one thing is for certain though, the people of the uk voted brexit....the prime minister said brexit will happen.....so, no matter how much you skate around the fact, brexit will definitely happen...

The actual break with the EU won't happen until late 2017 or early 2018. That is when 40.000 rules and regulations imposed by the EU lapse. Mostly red tape bureaucratic nonsense.

The Blessed Theresa might wait till there is some other bad non-EU related news to bury then smother it by invoking Article 50 on the same day :rolleyes:

UK is not particularly bothered who is french president, one thing is for certain though, the people of the uk voted brexit....the prime minister said brexit will happen.....so, no matter how much you skate around the fact, brexit will definitely happen...

I'm not skating around anything. I have said that it would have been better for everyone had it had been done years ago. The fact that it has not been begs the question "When"? because it all smells of delaying tactics, to me.

There will be winners and losers.
I didn't realize that there are 300,000 French over here. Mostly starting up entrepreneurial businesses. Will they stay ?

As a trading nation we need connected foreigners, not nationalists.

I'm not skating around anything. I have said that it would have been better for everyone had it had been done years ago. The fact that it has not been begs the question "When"? because it all smells of delaying tactics, to me.

There are very good reasons why we should not dance to the EU's tune.

Make them sweat and see what kind of panic sets in across the EU. It's an age old tactic, squeeze the lemon till the pips squeek ! It's much easier to formulate a deal once you are certain what the oppositions weaknesses are :LOL:

I think I asked these question before.

What happens to the EU budget once we stop contributing?
Who will make up the shortfall?
Why has the EU never had their annual accounts signed off?

There will be winners and losers.
I didn't realize that there are 300,000 French over here. Mostly starting up entrepreneurial businesses. Will they stay ?

As a trading nation we need connected foreigners, not nationalists.

I know what you mean. I have some Indian friends who voted Brexit because they believed it would benefit India :(

When I asked how that would benefit them if and when jobs were to be taken over by another Indian in Mumbai he said he was referring to trade.

Very sly :sneaky:

There are very good reasons why we should not dance to the EU's tune.

Make them sweat and see what kind of panic sets in across the EU. It's an age old tactic, squeeze the lemon till the pips squeek ! It's much easier to formulate a deal once you are certain what the oppositions weaknesses are :LOL:

I think I asked these question before.

What happens to the EU budget once we stop contributing?
Who will make up the shortfall?
Why has the EU never had their annual accounts signed off?

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/...-expenditure-and-contribution-by-member-state

1. There is a policy in place based on based on size of economy population size etc

2. Remaining members will pick up the short fall - obviously or the EU may decide to raise tarrifs and fines to collect more revenue.

3. Read all about it! https://fullfact.org/europe/did-auditors-sign-eu-budget/
There are always errors in accounts. Always. So when doing the accounts of 20+ states there is bound to be plenty.

Even national stats are updated belatedly as a matter of course.

You should be more concerned about where UK science and university research funding is going to come from as we used to get more than we gave. :!:

CV I suspect they will plug it with helicopter money.

More than welcome Atilla, we can have a puff while we at it.

Apologies split, that wasn't aimed at you, more towards Sarkozy trying to trump up popularity by suggesting he could keep UK in the Eu.....

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/...-expenditure-and-contribution-by-member-state

1. There is a policy in place based on based on size of economy population size etc

2. Remaining members will pick up the short fall - obviously or the EU may decide to raise tarrifs and fines to collect more revenue.

3. Read all about it! https://fullfact.org/europe/did-auditors-sign-eu-budget/
There are always errors in accounts. Always. So when doing the accounts of 20+ states there is bound to be plenty.

Even national stats are updated belatedly as a matter of course.

You should be more concerned about where UK science and university research funding is going to come from as we used to get more than we gave. :!:

I know maths has never been your strong point.

I'm not talking about accounting adjustments or petty cash errors. I'm talking about accounting auditors not being able to sign off the EU accounts, because the sums simply don't add up. ie, there is lots of money missing ! In any other organisation, questions would be asked and heads would roll. But silly me, I forgot, this is the totally corrupt EU, where normal rules don't apply !

Once again your maths skills let you down.

Uk contribution to the EU budget is roughly 2 x what we get back.

So, remind me again how we would be worse off?

Am I concerned about University funding and research budgets? No of course i'm not. If it is worth funding, then i'm sure the UK govt will provide the funds from the savings we will make post Brexit.

Simples innit !

If the EU breaks up, no one would be more relieved than a Brexiter. It would not be there for the UK to go back to----problem solved!

As it is, UK is, still, sitting on the fence. It does not know, even after three months, what kind of exit it wants. It must believe that EU will be around long enough for them to be able to negotiate something, which wold be a relief for Europeans except that the last thing on their minds is what it happening regarding Brexit.

One shop tried to charge me more money for a stamp, the other day. He said that the UK had left months ago, but I had to insist on a stamp based on EU internal rates.

The Germans are likely to get rid of Merkel next election and then start to seriously question whether they can carry the rest. The Greeks would be better off out of it too. A great idea but not put togethor properly by the politicians. Too political.

The eu breaking up would be very bad indeed. It would have the right mix to take Europe back into war. UK leaving is hopeful a wakeup call for them to deal with the issues. The problem is you will find decisions hard to come by when you need 27 nations to agree. Regardless, I think the UK will be fine and people who said an immediate recession are already eating their words

Bloody politicians make me sick.

It seems strange to me that the job most suited to loud mouthed, opinionated and usually useless people is to have ultimate power in a country. They are probably least suited to rule. Hence the EU shambles etc. But noone can come up with a better system. Dictatorship is generally even worse. But that is why imo some people are tired of the usual lot and looking at Putin as an action man. The trouble is his record of putting dissent down so violently in places like Chechnya. The capital Grosny was reduced to rubble and may thousands killed. He is employing the same tactics in Syria and egging on the Syrian Govt. in Aleppo. Not nice.