Brexit and the Consequences

Do you read what you post. I'm guessing the big bold favourable headlines attracted your short span attention. :LOL:

Nah, I'm too lazy to de-capitalise following cut and paste, as for reading it, you've got to be joking, but then I think I'm following your example.

More importantly read this carefully.

U.K. Tories Say They Are ‘Deadly Serious’ Over Brexit Law Revolt

Brexiters at the moment not producing any arguments or making the case for Brexit despite all bad news and announcements. Simply attack the media and delivery of the news source. No substance just simply lots of slagging off the press like Trumpism. :)

Much like a flies ar5e going through it's brain as it hits a windscreen at 70mph - Brexit's coming home...

The Tories are just a waste of utter space, they are part of the Lab/Con/Lib remoaner pact, with the emphasis on Con.

Moggie boy is Labour's wet dream should he be elected to run head to head against Corbyn.

You clowns don't have a clue (y)

If we had a Conservative government instead of the current shambles we would be okay.

You exemplify the split in the Conservatives!

Fecking up the country with your squabbles.

Sort it out lads.

Fact of the matter is Tories MUST purge the Eurosceptics who have no place in the party of so called business. They are like a cancerous growth. Need to be destroyed or cut out.

UKIP is the party of Eurosceptics.

If politicians had any bleeding convictions than they'd do the right thing. The chance of that happening in the national interest is about approx., 1 in 400 I reckon. There's patriotism from your lot.

Bunch of Parasites! (n)

You exemplify the split in the Conservatives!

Fecking up the country with your squabbles.

Sort it out lads.

Fact of the matter is Tories MUST purge the Eurosceptics who have no place in the party of so called business. They are like a cancerous growth. Need to be destroyed or cut out.

UKIP is the party of Eurosceptics.

If politicians had any bleeding convictions than they'd do the right thing. The chance of that happening in the national interest is about approx., 1 in 400 I reckon. There's patriotism from your lot.

Bunch of Parasites! (n)

It is sorted out and we are still leaving (y)

There's no evidence that the UK voting public wish to reverse the decision. Indeed, attitudes are hardening for a no deal Brexit.

That's easily solved c_v. We tell the EIB to keep our £3.5 billion and just offset it against the final divorce bill - whatever amount is agreed.
You mean blackmail bill. Article 50 does not mention outstanding payments so it can't be categorised as such. If that were the case then the UK would be within our right to say we want 50% of our assets we have contributed toward over the last 4 decades. Since the EU have made it clear we have no access means it's a blackmail bill.

Meanwhile, Spain has a major crisis on it's hands which has the very real potential to turn into a civil war with the Catalans. At the very least, fanatics will dig their heels in and get organised, so that if Spain attempts to take control, then things will escalate quickly.

So far the EU is doing what the EU does best.....absolutely nothing.
Sorry excuse for leadership and is always going in the wrong direction.

You mean blackmail bill. Article 50 does not mention outstanding payments so it can't be categorised as such. If that were the case then the UK would be within our right to say we want 50% of our assets we have contributed toward over the last 4 decades. Since the EU have made it clear we have no access means it's a blackmail bill.
Hi FXX,
You're pushing at an open door on this issue - with me at any rate. However, I'm just being a realist and accept - albeit reluctantly - that the probability of the U.K. paying some billions (hopefully not very many) to the EU when we leave is nigh on 100%.
Tim.

Meanwhile, Spain has a major crisis on it's hands which has the very real potential to turn into a civil war with the Catalans. At the very least, fanatics will dig their heels in and get organised, so that if Spain attempts to take control, then things will escalate quickly.

So far the EU is doing what the EU does best.....absolutely nothing.
Sorry excuse for leadership and is always going in the wrong direction.

I like to think you are a reasonable fellow CV but clearly you are not, full of contradictions.

The EU is a voluntary membership organisation with rules, regulations and high standards. It never has imposed it's will on others other than enforcing laws which nations have signed up to in fairness.

Are you aware that including the EU none of the other 160+ countries in the world have recognised Catalan's bid for independence?

So on one hand you argue the point about UK taking back falsely perceived control and reigning in sovereignty to parliament and here on the Catalan issue you are suggesting EU should in some way step into Spain's parliamentary and constitutional rules!

Of course our UK Parliament is already sovereign clearly shown by the Scottish referendum on independence where the EU was equally silent and held the same position as that for Catalonia. (y)

So what would you like the EU to do:?::?::?:

I like to think you are a reasonable fellow CV but clearly you are not, full of contradictions.

The EU is a voluntary membership organisation with rules, regulations and high standards. It never has imposed it's will on others other than enforcing laws which nations have signed up to in fairness.

Are you aware that including the EU none of the other 160+ countries in the world have recognised Catalan's bid for independence?

So on one hand you argue the point about UK taking back falsely perceived control and reigning in sovereignty to parliament and here on the Catalan issue you are suggesting EU should in some way step into Spain's parliamentary and constitutional rules!

Of course our UK Parliament is already sovereign clearly shown by the Scottish referendum on independence where the EU was equally silent and held the same position as that for Catalonia. (y)

I gave you 2 bucks but you only have 1 buck:LOL:

I gave you 2 bucks but you only have 1 buck:LOL:

What about the cost of administering the single market, institutions, rules and regulations.

Transactions costs will be transferred from the EU to the UK.

WTO rules will mean cost of managing trade will be passed to import and exporters along with delays.

Then there is the matter of establishing a common body for resolving commercial trade disputes.

Do you know what we are talking about here? I guess not. Too complex for your level of experience and comprehension.

Last edited:

Both Spain and Cataluña deserve better governance than they are getting. The fact is that both sides have pushed the other into very difficult situations.

Puigdemont has declared independence because he has to appease his coalition knowing, full well, that he has no hope of of achieving it. If he does think it, then he is a bigger fool than I take him for.

Rajoy has no choice but to trigger 155 and keep his fingers crossed that everything wil remain peaceful in the runup to the elections on Dec 21.

One of the main points that I resent about the Independistas is that, by getting into this situation, around 2000 companies have relocated their head offices outside of the region. As a result, whether she stays with Spain, or not, the damage has been done. Cataluña can, no longer, clain that she produces 20% of the nation's economy.

The only friends that the Independistas have outside Spain are the likes of Venezuela and, no way, could she afford to pay pensions, social health and other services without getting the money from Brussels, via Madrid.

My policy, not being able--liked most ordinary people --to do much, except wait, is to go day by day. The first little step toward elections will be Monday, when it is expected that Madrid will make its first moves to dominate the region's services.

The demonstrations that will, probably, take place this weekend will be, I expect, peaceful and ineffectual.