Brexit and the Consequences

They said the same about us joining the euro

Rubbish!

There was some debate but nothing in comparison to Brexit.

I studied the subject matter and the predominant view was to wait and see.

One swallow doesn't make a summer.

Rubbish!

No, we were never joining the Euro, although I expect some were waffling on about it.

Rubbish!

Predominant view? Much like the majority out vote in the referendum! You and I both know you can't generalise like this and there are always opposing sides. Here are just 2 articles of the opposing side where they wanted the UK to join the EURO. I could find more but they are enough to make the point.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-euro-or-grow-weak-Germany-warns-Britain.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/uk-must-join-euro-or-quit-eu-mps-told-130247.html

Now we have rising prices, imported by collapsing currency due to Brexit, rising interest rates to support the pound to prevent import of inflation, leading to raising mortgage payments and reduced disposable incomes.

We'll see the export of industries to EU, along with rising unemployment leading to falling stagnant wages.

Some Moggie git out there is telling us we'll have cheaper goods with higher wages and cheaper housing!

Unfluckingbelievable!!!

Yet surprisingly some Brexiters believe in all that tosh. Gotta laff out loud (y)

Last edited:
Yeah - and look how that's turned out ROFL. :cool:

MAGA

Remains to be seen but right now not many people but a few red necks would agree with you.

In fact I'd go as far as to say no one really gives a fluck about what Trump says or America does (other than two; Israel or Sauidi Arabia world leading rich but sick in the head type nations) . Soon Americans will be migrating to Mexico and Canada. :cool:

Perhaps you should seek medical advice. :love::love:

Now we have rising prices, imported by collapsing currency due to Brexit, rising interest rates to support the pound to prevent import of inflation, leading to raising mortgage payments and reduced disposable incomes.

We'll see the export of industries to EU, along with rising unemployment leading to falling stagnant wages.

Some Moggie git out there is telling us we'll have cheaper goods with higher wages and cheaper housing!

Unfluckingbelievable!!!

Yet surprisingly some Brexiters believe in all that tosh. Gotta laff out loud [emoji106]
More from the fictional series
4461f78d8d9b90683077a9403d9d2dd0.jpg

Remains to be seen but right now not many people but a few red necks would agree with you.

In fact I'd go as far as to say no one really gives a fluck about what Trump says or America does (other than two; Israel or Sauidi Arabia world leading rich but sick in the head type nations) . Soon Americans will be migrating to Mexico and Canada. :cool:

Perhaps you should seek medical advice. :love::love:

Some would say that those comments are angry, racist, anti-semitic and islamophobic.

Nothing wrong with being angry. Are you a liberal by any chance?

"UK services sector grows at fastest rate in six months"

Its all draining away.... Save us all

"UK services sector grows at fastest rate in six months"

Its all draining away.... Save us all

Probably accounted for by the 4000 + civil servants, contractors, lawyers and labourers hired to deal with Brexit. Autumn period is often when budgets spending decisions are often made ramping up in September.

You do realise raising base rate has seen the pound fall and yet to recover pre-hike level? Fell 1.4 % yesterday and rose 0.3% today.

That's the market valuing outlook for the UK.

fwiw 6 months ago PMI was at 55 in April 17. It is now 53.6 for Oct. Your fastest growth in 6 months ie 0.4 is dwarfed by the 6 months fall 1.4 over-all.

One would think with the 10-20% drop in pound we should be doing better?

Desperate Brexiteers need something to crow about. Laughable.

However, damage done to UK national interest and industry is not.

Probably accounted for by the 4000 + civil servants, contractors, lawyers and labourers hired to deal with Brexit. Autumn period is often when budgets spending decisions are often made ramping up in September.

You do realise raising base rate has seen the pound fall and yet to recover pre-hike level? Fell 1.4 % yesterday and rose 0.3% today.

fwiw 6 months ago PMI was at 55 in April 17. It is now 53.6 for Oct. Your fastest growth in 6 months ie 0.4 is dwarfed by the 6 months fall 1.4 over-all.

Do you expect the public sector to handle this with their existing workforce! Maybe you think they sitting around picking their noses all day.

I traded the hike event and the pound sold off because it was a dovish hike (the statement made it clear this isn't a hawkish hike). The sentiment leading up to the event was hawkish so naturally there was an adjustment in price. It has nothing to do with the market selling off because of brexit; it has everything to do with central bank forward guidance.

We are doing better, service industry had the fastest pickup in half a year. Can you explain this? Or do you ignore it because it doesn't align to your personal sentiment on brexit?

Last edited:
Do you expect the public sector to handle this with their existing workforce! Maybe you think they sitting around picking their noses all day. That is a little condescending as public sector does not pick their noses but works damn hard for low pay.

I also did indicate in many posts before, services and jobs managed by the EU will have to be carried out internally by the UK and those tangible benefits we receive will be paid for and the 9bn we pay into the EU is not for nothing. So you now accept Brexit will increase the number of civil servants to deal with fall out.

I traded the hike event and the pound sold off because it was a dovish hike (the statement made it clear this isn't a hawkish hike). The sentiment leading up to the event was hawkish so naturally there was an adjustment in price. It has nothing to do with the market selling off because of brexit; it has everything to do with central bank forward guidance. Sorry you've lost me here. I don't care what you traded or didn't. Fact remains pound is lower than before despite interest rate hike. FYI - rate hike is to stop the collapse of the pound importing inflation. Any numpty with half a brain can tell you inflationary pressures are not due to excess demand but simply rise in prices in consequence to fall in pound. Retailers passing on costs.

We are doing better, No we are not! service industry had the fastest pickup in half a year Yes but PMI still lover than 6 months ago by 1.4 approximately three times as much. Can you explain this? Or do you ignore it because it doesn't align to your personal sentiment on brexit?

We've had a 0.4 increase in PMI in the last month which was the highest in 6 monhs. So PMI is currently at 53.6.

The point you are missing is it was 55.8 in May this year.

Are you being obtuse or simply don't understand the fall in the last six months from 55.0 to 53.6 is not a good indicator of doing well.

Trump would be proud of your attempt to celebrate persistence at ignorance.

I feel the force is weakening.