Brexit and the Consequences

The thing is, what you refer as "posh tosh" are highly educated individuals from Cambridge, oxford etc...would you rather have wannabe politicians running the country like Diane Abbot for example ? I meet many people on my travels, some totally deluded, others borderline psychotic, I try to imagine them hovering their pen over the ballot paper trying to decide between labour and the Monster Raving Loony party, then wonder what small thing made them decide :LOL:

Without wishing to digress too far from the initial theme of this thread, I believe that the fundamental problem that we have in the West ( and not just here) is that the model of democracy that served us well when it was new and shiny at the back end of the 19th century and was responsible for so much progress has been increasingly crap for many a decade.

It's not that we should get rid of democracy but that it needs bringing up to date so we actually get to have a choice of people to vote into office who are neither too far from reality because of their privileged education and background (and ability to line their pockets) nor too ignorant and badly educated to be able to deal with the practicalities of international diplomacy and trade.

The core of our present problem is that the choice we are presented with is from people and their parties who put themselves forward for election, however deluded, incompetent, corrupt and self-serving they may be - so we have The Gorgon on one hand and King Lear in the other and a few assorted goblins in between them.

I will not be voting.

Poor Amber Rudd having to stand and listen to all the rubbish and lies being spouted out...I feel her frustration..

Poor Amber Rudd having to stand and listen to all the rubbish and lies being spouted out...I feel her frustration..

I'm almost lost for words.

Dire participants, dire debate. The tactic seems to be to shout down anything sensible and logical.

I thought it was super debate. Most enjoyable.

Rubbish and lies... what where?

I felt the pain and message of the British people come through loud and clear.

Absence of TM shameful. To suggest she's busy preparing for the Brexit negotiations having made a U turn, calling elections is beyond a farcical joke.

I did distinctly NOTICE two words missing from Fuddy Ruddy's defense of her ladyship. She never once mentioned Strong & Stable leadership... Well done to her on that score. (y)

Good debate, just what the people needed to make up their own minds instead of having the Murdoch's Daily Trash shove it down their eye sockets. :cool:

Jeremy Corbyn can promise the world to the voters because he knows he will never be in a position to deliver. " I'm gunna sort the NHS :clap: :clap: I'm gunna Sort the police. :clap: :clap: I'm gunna give everyone a million squid. :clap: :clap:

HeyJeremy, your the man .....:LOL:

Jeremy Corbyn can promise the world to the voters because he knows he will never be in a position to deliver. " I'm gunna sort the NHS :clap: :clap: I'm gunna Sort the police. :clap: :clap: I'm gunna give everyone a million squid. :clap: :clap:

HeyJeremy, your the man .....:LOL:

You know IFS scrutinized all three manifestos and said Tories was the one lacking in any numbers.

I watched the three presentations and the Q&A session.

https://www.ifs.org.uk/

Enjoy...

Tories really full of lies.

I don't think we have to worry about Jeremy Corbyn becoming PM. Even if he did, we don't have to worry about what he does here or agrees to in Brussels - his life is dedicated to not doing anything and not agreeing to anything. He simply heckles from the back-benches that this or that isn't good enough but he's never so much as organised an office picnic in his life.

Unfortunately I've nothing good to say about Theresa May, she's just a not very able administrator.

I don't think we have to worry about Jeremy Corbyn becoming PM. Even if he did, we don't have to worry about what he does here or agrees to in Brussels - his life is dedicated to not doing anything and not agreeing to anything. He simply heckles from the back-benches that this or that isn't good enough but he's never so much as organised an office picnic in his life.

Unfortunately I've nothing good to say about Theresa May, she's just a not very able administrator.

Leaders don't do. They lead. Corbyn has vision and a destination where he would like to take UK facilitating support of public services and balancing an inequitable distribution of income.

When one is PM one sets direction, objectives and targets.

He doesn't have to organise picnics only attend them. ;)

Tom, politics and policy's aside for a second, we have to negotiate what may be the biggest deal in our lifetime, so in your opinion who would you send to carry out that task ?

I thought it was super debate. Most enjoyable.

Rubbish and lies... what where?

I felt the pain and message of the British people come through loud and clear.

Absence of TM shameful. To suggest she's busy preparing for the Brexit negotiations having made a U turn, calling elections is beyond a farcical joke.

I did distinctly NOTICE two words missing from Fuddy Ruddy's defense of her ladyship. She never once mentioned Strong & Stable leadership... Well done to her on that score. (y)

Good debate, just what the people needed to make up their own minds instead of having the Murdoch's Daily Trash shove it down their eye sockets. :cool:

Corbyn leading a coalition of chaos. Never gonna happen is it ! :LOL:

Majority voted for Brexit and to give that away to a bunch of inept, dangerous lunatics :rolleyes:

Corbyn leading a coalition of chaos. Never gonna happen is it ! :LOL:

Majority voted for Brexit and to give that away to a bunch of inept, dangerous lunatics :rolleyes:

Not like well educated Tories to come up with jingo soundbites.

You might like to trout coalition of chaos but the British public spoke in unified voices of rebellion from a tyrant who is not strong or stable, who doesn't understand what brexit means brexit is, red, blue and white. FFS give it a rest and speak proper policy with numbers and stop BS-ing the opposition. Talk about what you are going to do to fix things.

You are not getting the message are you?

Sick of inequity and starvation of social services whilst buttering up grammer schools and the well off.

More people in work than ever coz jobs created are zero hour contracts and those paying below living wage.

Send the immigrants out and give them to British citizens but they don't have the skills.

Laden young people with debt. Sell of council homes. Rip off utility prices. **** poor telecoms with long delays. Parts of country have no broadband.

Foodbanks on the rise. 3m children below poverty. Cut free school dinners. Cut here cut there. Give it to corporations. Cut inheritance tax. Cut services. No manufacturing.

Hope you are getting your wake up calls. This election is now primed for the taking despite the Murdochs and your twisted lies and deceits.

It is so glaring obvious the well oiled Tory party - three / four representatives using the "coalition of chaos". Replacing the Strong and Stable Leadership. No worries, I'm sure we'll have another chart topping song about coalition of chaos. Chaos is in the Tory party right now.

They asked Davis where Theresa May was and he didn't know. They asked if she watched the debate he said he didn't know. However, he was briefed about the money tree and coalition of chaos. So scripted so obvious...

Go on say it one more time see what effect it has on the British people. :whistling

Bunch of clowns with limited vocabulary. Go back to your grammar schools! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
Not like well educated Tories to come up with jingo soundbites.

You might like to trout coalition of chaos but the British public spoke in unified voices of rebellion from a tyrant who is not strong or stable, who doesn't understand what brexit means brexit is, red, blue and white. FFS give it a rest and speak proper policy with numbers and stop BS-ing the opposition. Talk about what you are going to do to fix things.

You are not getting the message are you?

Sick of inequity and starvation of social services whilst buttering up grammer schools and the well off.

More people in work than ever coz jobs created are zero hour contracts and those paying below living wage.

Send the immigrants out and give them to British citizens but they don't have the skills.

Laden young people with debt. Sell of council homes. Rip off utility prices. **** poor telecoms with long delays. Parts of country have no broadband.

Foodbanks on the rise. 3m children below poverty. Cut free school dinners. Cut here cut there. Give it to corporations. Cut inheritance tax. Cut services. No manufacturing.

Hope you are getting your wake up calls. This election is now primed for the taking despite the Murdochs and your twisted lies and deceits.

It is so glaring obvious the well oiled Tory party - three / four representitives using the "coalition of chaos".

Go on say it one more time see what effect it has on the British people. :whistling

Bunch of clowns with limited vocabulary. Go back to school! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

They make me laugh, as do you. Every single One of them in the coalition of chaos talks about taking longer to eradicate the deficit so they can carry on spending money they don't have.
Now let me explain to you in very simple terms what this means. Eradicating the deficit = balancing the books. Not One of them even mentions paying down the debt ! And here you are on the side of increasing the debt. Have you figured out yet who will be paying for all your profligacy?
I'll give you a clue. It will be your kids and grandkids, but not you ! :LOL:

They make me laugh, as do you. Every single One of them in the coalition of chaos talks about taking longer to eradicate the deficit so they can carry on spending money they don't have.
Now let me explain to you in very simple terms what this means. Eradicating the deficit = balancing the books. Not One of them even mentions paying down the debt ! And here you are on the side of increasing the debt. Have you figured out yet who will be paying for all your profligacy?
I'll give you a clue. It will be your kids and grandkids, but not you ! :LOL:

If you wanted to pay back debt why reduce corporation tax and inheritance tax below those of our nearest G7 competitors?

Balance the books first then give away tax cuts.

Why cut back on services and transfer wealth to the well to do?

I would agree with you but typically, you are looking at cutting expenditure for social services which impacts everyone, whilst giving away to those who already have. Labour approach if correct - approx., so as per IFS then only 5% of population earning over £80K will pay more tax.

Do you not see the inequity?

Your friend Nutty doesn't get it either. His talking about attracting companies by reducing corp tax whilst supporting Brexit the export of 000s of jobs.

As peeps have said what kind of Britain and society do you guys exactly have in mind. Big digital corporations hiring low skilled under paid zero hour contracts and pay no tax. That's your master plan???

Laughable but so very sad.

Tom, politics and policy's aside for a second, we have to negotiate what may be the biggest deal in our lifetime, so in your opinion who would you send to carry out that task ?

Assuming the Conservatives have a majority after the General Election, I assume that the leader of the mission will be David Davis, he's minister for Brexit. Its a guess whether he'll be right for the job or not. At least he doesn't seem to have stirred up European enmity and I have never seen him drunk.

Now imagine for one minute Corbyn actually gets in with his fairytail policy's, he over see's brexit negotiations and appoints one of his merry band of muppets to negotiate , the country will be knackered with a capital F...There's no going back to EU and asking for a better deal....it's worrying to imagine....

Now imagine for one minute Corbyn actually gets in with his fairytail policy's, he over see's brexit negotiations and appoints one of his merry band of muppets to negotiate , the country will be knackered with a capital F...There's no going back to EU and asking for a better deal....it's worrying to imagine....

We haven't left yet.

It's becoming apparent what that means.

Interesting question on Brexit given it's significance... Where are all the Brexiters?
Gove? Boris? Leadsom? Any heavy weights? No industry leaders?

House prices falling, food and energy prices rising? Skilled jobs and R&D industries leaving. NFU worried about picking crops, nurse application numbers down 15% and 80K migrant labour have left the UK in the last year. GDP slowing whilst EU rising.

Can you smell that? There is a shed storm coming make sure you wear a good hat.;)

We haven't even left yet??? Easy to revoke article 50 if both sides agree. EU will be pleased too as nobody is out to screw the UK but Eurosceptics and power crazed freaking politicians. I thought that'll be obvious by now. :rolleyes:

We haven't even left yet??? Easy to revoke article 50 if both sides agree. EU will be pleased too as nobody is out to screw the UK but Eurosceptics and power crazed freaking politicians. I thought that'll be obvious by now. :rolleyes:

If article 50 was to be revoked it would mean a huge loss of face for the UK, worldwide. I'm hoping that there will be no change of plans in that direction.

TBH, I believe that EU has got used to the idea of UK being out, we would not want to go through all that, again.

Ha ha. You would love that. Article 50 being revoked. Sorry but we're leaving, May will win, and get stuck into them at the eu. I'm getting worried over nothing, there can't be that many deluded electorate out there to vote for Corbyn, hopefully he will stand down after he looses like he should have done after his party voted him out.

If article 50 was to be revoked it would mean a huge loss of face for the UK, worldwide. I'm hoping that there will be no change of plans in that direction.

TBH, I believe that EU has got used to the idea of UK being out, we would not want to go through all that, again.

Not to the UK, just the Tory party and Eurosceptics.

Part and parcel of politics. We are not the first to have this debate.

However, with all the elections; Austria, France and Germany behind us coupled with Brexit fiasco, everyone can buckle down to reforming and improving the EU with renewed vigor.

English will be accepted as the formal language of the EU and UK will be paid attention to and receive more vocal support from smaller members.

Macron would like reform too and German's likely to be more receptive having faced the crises and coming out stronger, leaner and more refined than before.

Let's put our dreams before us and leave nightmares behind.

With our good will and strong work ethic anything is possible. :clap::clap::clap: