Brexit and the Consequences

Ha ha. You would love that. Article 50 being revoked. Sorry but we're leaving, May will win, and get stuck into them at the eu. I'm getting worried over nothing, there can't be that many deluded electorate out there to vote for Corbyn, hopefully he will stand down after he looses like he should have done after his party voted him out.

That's the ticket, Mike! (y)

Soon after the election was announced, I posted that I was seriously thinking or, even, thinking seriously, about voting Tory for the first time in my life. The problem for me is that the more I observe Theresa May - the less I like her. Yesterday's TV debate was the last straw. What sort of leader fails to debate with all the other party leaders and, instead, sends a deputy knowing that she's just suffered a major bereavement? Unbelievable! I didn't warm to Amber Rudd in the debate at all. However, under the circumstances (which I wasn't aware of when I watched it), I think she did rather well. Full credit to her - and a massive big black mark against TM. A strong and stable leader would have stepped up to the plate - literally - and told Amber Rudd to go home to her family.

My problem now is who the hell to vote for? I've always liked the Greens (and was an active party member back in the 80s), but their stand on Brexit is the polar opposite to my beliefs and what I think is best for the country. If only there was a 'Pick 'n Mix' party!
:LOL:
Tim.

Soon after the election was announced, I posted that I was seriously thinking or, even, thinking seriously, about voting Tory for the first time in my life. The problem for me is that the more I observe Theresa May - the less I like her. Yesterday's TV debate was the last straw. What sort of leader fails to debate with all the other party leaders and, instead, sends a deputy knowing that she's just suffered a major bereavement? Unbelievable! I didn't warm to Amber Rudd in the debate at all. However, under the circumstances (which I wasn't aware of when I watched it), I think she did rather well. Full credit to her - and a massive big black mark against TM. A strong and stable leader would have stepped up to the plate - literally - and told Amber Rudd to go home to her family.

My problem now is who the hell to vote for? I've always liked the Greens (and was an active party member back in the 80s), but their stand on Brexit is the polar opposite to my beliefs and what I think is best for the country. If only there was a 'Pick 'n Mix' party!
Tim.

Top man Timsk, never let your vote be taken for granted.

I feel we need Parliament more than ever. Vote for a party who'll give that strong support in opposition holding who ever is elected to account.

Like you I think the Greens have their hearts in the right place as well as great vision. You can't do much worse.

Only point I'd raise is to check your area and vote tactically to kick Tories out. (y)

Top man Timsk, never let your vote be taken for granted.

I feel we need Parliament more than ever. Vote for a party who'll give that strong support in opposition holding who ever is elected to account.

Like you I think the Greens have their hearts in the right place as well as great vision. You can't do much worse.

Only point I'd raise is to check your area and vote tactically to kick Tories out. (y)

Spoken like a true commy.:)

Never been able to hide it.

Now, about all this free spending that your kids and grand kids will be paying off forever. It's just enslavement to the system ! Is that all you aspire to for them?

Spoken like a true commy.:)

Never been able to hide it.

Now, about all this free spending that your kids and grand kids will be paying off forever. It's just enslavement to the system ! Is that all you aspire to for them?

I tell you what is enslavement if you only open your eyes and ears and heart if you have one, is ladening the young hard working studying people with £50K debt as they are starting out in life. That is enslavement.

Most polls show, British people as in Scotland happy to pay more tax to stop that from happening.

We want an economy that works for every and one that is fair. Some person I recall used those words but who was it just don't remember. Maybe if I pay my dementure tax it'll come to me (I agree with that policy by the way).

(y)

I tell you what is enslavement if you only open your eyes and ears and heart if you have one, is ladening the young hard working studying people with £50K debt as they are starting out in life. That is enslavement.

Most polls show, British people as in Scotland happy to pay more tax to stop that from happening.

We want an economy that works for every and one that is fair. Some person I recall used those words but who was it just don't remember. Maybe if I pay my dementure tax it'll come to me (I agree with that policy by the way).

(y)

Well, on the point of degree debt, I have a policy you might like.
Set up the Uni Degree System so that the UK's skill shortages are reflected in the fee structure. eg: if we are short of engineers, then price engineering degrees accordingly, say 2k annum. For those subjects which we have an oversupply of qualified people,, then the annual charge might be 9k.

If you apply common sense policies in the running of the UK, then there would be no issue of importing skills from the rest of the world. We could develop our own people.

Capish !

(y)

What conservatives understand and their followers don't is that handing over everything one has to the rich is just another form of enslavement. We have been in the process of transitioning to a feudal form for decades, but few see it because it seems so medieval.

Well, on the point of degree debt, I have a policy you might like.
Set up the Uni Degree System so that the UK's skill shortages are reflected in the fee structure. eg: if we are short of engineers, then price engineering degrees accordingly, say 2k annum. For those subjects which we have an oversupply of qualified people,, then the annual charge might be 9k.

If you apply common sense policies in the running of the UK, then there would be no issue of importing skills from the rest of the world. We could develop our own people.

Capish !

Yes but there is an alternative approach to what you are proposing.

If nurses and doctors and teachers work long hours doing valuable work they be paid a fair wage.

Bankers, management layer, financiers who do less important work and get paid considerably more get paid reasonable sums of money.

Why does everybody want to become a trader but not many, nurses or doctors. You change their rewards and see how application numbers change.

Comprenez vous ;)

Bankers, management layer, financiers who do less important work and get paid considerably more get paid reasonable sums of money.

Let's not forget those who do a terrible job and get paid millions anyway, particularly if they're fired.

Let's not forget those who do a terrible job and get paid millions anyway, particularly if they're fired.

Absolutely Db, when you put it like that we must be criminally insane to support these systems that are in place. :mad:

I recall the FSA at the time of the crash saying Britain needed the best skills available to see us out of this crash and that bonuses had to be maintained or these people would leave.

Unbelievable. I felt they needed to be fired along with their chief.

Tim.

Whoa tiger, take a breath. Theresa May said from the outset that she wouldn't enter in any TV debate. Mindless arguing for entertainment, Jeremy Corbyn only decided to go that day and Nicola sturgeon gave it a miss. What can possibly be accomplished by 6 politicians who don't agree with each other on anything ? Should He who shouts the loudest and gets the audience to applause the longest be P.M. ?
Think about what outcome you want from brexit, that should be enough to make the decision. (y)

Whoa tiger, take a breath. Theresa May said from the outset that she wouldn't enter in any TV debate. Mindless arguing for entertainment, Jeremy Corbyn only decided to go that day and Nicola sturgeon gave it a miss. What can possibly be accomplished by 6 politicians who don't agree with each other on anything ? Should He who shouts the loudest and gets the audience to applause the longest be P.M. ?
Think about what outcome you want from brexit, that should be enough to make the decision. (y)

Yes, and why would she debate that rabble. Honestly, every one of them should be dismissed for being totally incompetent. Worst (so called) debate I've ever watched.

BBC up to it's usual tricks...leftie luvvy audience biasing.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40118629

That's because at the time she was 20 points in the lead and didn't want to stand next to smaller party leaders like Greens and LibDems and did not wish to recognise Labour or SNP leadership.

Corbyn stepped away saying his main opposition was Tories not LibDem, Greens or SNP so he held his ground stating Labour was a major party to be reckoned with. SNP the same.

Tories real weazels. Shut debate down with the people and shut opposition down in Parliament and give the eye to the Lords. Smacks of desperation indeed.

No accountability, no justice no presentation. They certainly taking a lot for granted aren't they. :(

Yes, and why would she debate that rabble. Honestly, every one of them should be dismissed for being totally incompetent. Worst (so called) debate I've ever watched.

BBC up to it's usual tricks...leftie luvvy audience biasing.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40118629

Typical of you lot to cry foul at first opposition. It's obvious with Greens, SNP, Plaid Cyrmu, and LibDem of course they are minority parties in troubled regions with social deprivation and then bigger Labour party.

That is social demographic representation.

When Rupert Murdochs press touts rubbish all over the press and TV that's alright.

Typical Tory gripe... So used to having their way a little bit of adversity and toys get thrown out of their election pram. :LOL:

Typical of you lot to cry foul at first opposition. It's obvious with Greens, SNP, Plaid Cyrmu, and LibDem of course they are minority parties in troubled regions with social deprivation and then bigger Labour party.

That is social demographic representation.

When Rupert Murdochs press touts rubbish all over the press and TV that's alright.

Typical Tory gripe... So used to having their way a little bit of adversity and toys get thrown out of their election pram. :LOL:

You said it.
Minority parties representing minority interests.

Remind me again why they get airtime !

While this pantomime continues, they are all losing sight of the fact that the country needs government, not a bunch of minority fringe interest groups who couldn't run a whelk stall between them.

You said it.
Minority parties representing minority interests.

Remind me again why they get airtime !

While this pantomime continues, they are all losing sight of the fact that the country needs government, not a bunch of minority fringe interest groups who couldn't run a whelk stall between them.

You kidding or for real.

Tories get elected with approx., 35% of the vote. Greens and UKIP maybe a minority but the others are not.

Brexit gets through referendum with 32% of the electorate vote.

Collectively they represent the majority.

I'm soooo looking forward to Conservatives getting their just deserts.

Why are the #Tories snatching away free school lunches while investing in Grammar schools? #LibDems keep the infant school lunches! https://t.co/RkSIMcNMA8

Tory party for the greedy elitists. (n)

I just heard from Bloomberg: some EPL footballers chose to be paid in EUR instead of GBP in light of the Brexit. All of those players would have made more money had they stayed with the GBP. s*** it EU. What those footballers should have done if they had any brains, which they don't, let's be honest, they would have bought the USD.

They also compared Tom Brady's salary ($36,000,000), his salary rose $400,000 when compared against the euro.

Long live the greedy elitists.