Brexit and the Consequences

Beware, if you are suggesting harmonisation of international taxation laws as that sounds awfully European to me. :cheesy:

Good idea though, being European I endorse it (y)

And another http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...-taxpayers-funded-Irelands-14bn-bail-out.html[/QUOTE

Agreed! Although I am not quite as European as you, believe it or not!

I say this because I mentioned the news to my wife, who is more European than both of us, even. Catalan/Spaniards are the fiercest kind!. "About time, too," were her sentiments. "Those big global companies are getting rich by not payig taxes and laughing at our expense"

So, I have to watch it, between you lot and the Home Front!:D

But isn't this the main issue?

Individual countries have no leverage against big corp. They'll simply go to another country.

If EU says as a block of 25 countries with the highest GDP and disposable income in the World, here are our rules they can have some sway.

This is a positive for the EU and that's why the Treaty of Rome is important to ensure fair play. :)

Whatever you do – don't make it European! :LOL::LOL:

But there has to be some way where highly profitable multinationals pay tax somewhere. As always, the commercial brain runs rings round the incompetent/inexperienced/gravy-train civil servants and their ilk.

Some multinational corporations think they should get the dole money for the number of new jobs they create and pay no taxes. :idea:

Soon it may be more profitable to setup a company in Ireland or the like and simply import. :idea:

I see that another (and one of the most prominent) shameful lies put about by the associates of the Remain camp and their Metropolitan Elite friends about house prices crashing has been proven wrong.

House prices increased by 0.6% in August

A lot of ridiculous talk was done by both sides. Best to move on. The fact is that no one knows what the future entails for either side.

You are lucky. At least, you have a government. Spain can't get one together. The two party system is over and now there are four major parties hating each other's guts. Today, it looks as if the third elections are going to have to be held--due at Christmas. Believe me, all the major tv and radio stations on about the same old dreary stuff, every day since last Christmas, is wearying!:cry:

A lot of ridiculous talk was done by both sides. Best to move on. The fact is that no one knows what the future entails for either side.

You are lucky. At least, you have a government. Spain can't get one together. The two party system is over and now there are four major parties hating each other's guts. Today, it looks as if the third elections are going to have to be held--due at Christmas. Believe me, all the major tv and radio stations on about the same old dreary stuff, every day since last Christmas, is wearying!:cry:

Split – your regular updates on Spanish politics are most interesting! It's not a subject that's covered in the general press over here very much and the occasional snippet just always seems to mention high youth unemployment in Spain as well as other EU countries.

So keep it up – we don't always get all news back in Blighty!

I see that another (and one of the most prominent) shameful lies put about by the associates of the Remain camp and their Metropolitan Elite friends about house prices crashing has been proven wrong.

House prices increased by 0.6% in August

Aye, almost equal to the leavers lies about immigration plummeting (it's risen, of course). Neither side covered themselves in glory and I dare say noses have grown a good few inches all round :)

Since the Referendum, we've had
- dollops more of QE,
- rate drop
- pound lost 10%
- two Brexit leaders retire
- two Brexiters appointed to cabinet
- Fed deciding to delay interest rises
- Osborne demoted

So what's happened so far on the Brexit front? Not a lot.
- Article 50 kicked down the road.
- we are not having a second referendum.

What else? Absolute zilch!

Way too early to smirk about anything just yet.

Outcome will unfold in the years ahead and imho it will not be positive... :whistling

How can you say it will not be positive? Looking into your crystal ball again

How can you say it will not be positive? Looking into your crystal ball again

It is a forecast and one that may lead to be an incorrect one??? :rolleyes:

However, based on my life experience, history of economics and principals of unity, simply what I think is likely to be the outcome.

Red pill bleu pill stuff init??? :whistling

Life experience doesn't make you any better at predicting outcomes.

No it doesn't you are quite right!

It's all a bit of an academic interest, a game of chance, call it what you will.

One has to, never the less make a judgement call on where one would like to be and how to get there. In the history of the World, unification has always been the better part. United Everything is always so much better than Stand Alone imo.

If you think about it the UK otherwise could still be run by Barons as regional chieftains instead of being united under a banner of a great King who once upon a time ruled the waves. So the story goes... ;)

It's all a bit of an academic interest, a game of chance, call it what you will.

One has to, never the less make a judgement call on where one would like to be and how to get there. In the history of the World, unification has always been the better part. United Everything is always so much better than Stand Alone imo.

If you think about it the UK otherwise could still be run by Barons as regional chieftains instead of being united under a banner of a great King who once upon a time ruled the waves. So the story goes... ;)

Wasn't that what we had in the 1970s with the trade unions? And then we all got united under the banner of the great Queen Margaret :LOL::LOL::LOL:

. . . In the history of the World, unification has always been the better part. United Everything is always so much better than Stand Alone imo.
Hi Atilla,
I'm with you on this 100% and, as you know, I voted leave.

Since the referendum, it's been a huge surprise and source of amusement to me to see the perplexed looks on the faces of remain voters when I tell them that I love Europe, its people and its cultures. I go there regularly and expect - and want - to continue to do so in the future. It's deeply shocking (to me) and rather sad that they fell hook, line and sinker for the remain camp lies about the leave camp being a bunch of racists who don't like anyone else. Totally, utterly and completely wrong. It's just the unelected, irremovable and undemocratic EU that I and fellow leavers don't like and wish to separate from.

Forgive the double negative, but that most emphatically does not mean that I don't want to unite with my fellow Europeans on almost all issues. I absolutely do. But I want this country to remain a sovereign state and I recommend to France, Spain, Italy and Greece etc., etc. that they do likewise. We can unite perfectly well - if not better - as a collective of individual sovereign states than we can within the EU, where trying to get 28 different countries with different ideas, cultural backgrounds and agendas to all agree on the same thing is, was, and always will be - a complete folly.
Tim.

Hi Atilla,
I'm with you on this 100% and, as you know, I voted leave.

Since the referendum, it's been a huge surprise and source of amusement to me to see the perplexed looks on the faces of remain voters when I tell them that I love Europe, its people and its cultures. I go there regularly and expect - and want - to continue to do so in the future. It's deeply shocking (to me) and rather sad that they fell hook, line and sinker for the remain camp lies about the leave camp being a bunch of racists who don't like anyone else. Totally, utterly and completely wrong. It's just the unelected, irremovable and undemocratic EU that I and fellow leavers don't like and wish to separate from.

Forgive the double negative, but that most emphatically does not mean that I don't want to unite with my fellow Europeans on almost all issues. I absolutely do. But I want this country to remain a sovereign state and I recommend to France, Spain, Italy and Greece etc., etc. that they do likewise. We can unite perfectly well - if not better - as a collective of individual sovereign states than we can within the EU, where trying to get 28 different countries with different ideas, cultural backgrounds and agendas to all agree on the same thing is, was, and always will be - a complete folly.
Tim.

Well dear Tim I can see you've been a member of T2W a little longer than I and may the blogging long continue until - let's say 2026 when hopefully we can reflect on the path this momentous referendum has taken us.

I've got my eggs stashed away to throw at all you Brexiters. by which time I do hope they are stinking rotten as will fit your poor judgement.

..........................................Timsk......................Forker
Men_in_Bramhall_stocks_1900.jpg

Yeah, that's right........NOT !!!!!

Unification of Europe in economic terms has been a total disaster.

The rest of the world has moved on and individual countries have not been bound up in some political vanity project. Like lemmings all going over the cliff.

No thanks....Brexit means Brexit, and that's plenty good enough for me and a whole host of others.

You watch....EU will collapse from within. Ya can take that to the bank ! :)

The rest of the world has moved on and individual countries have not been bound up in some political vanity project. Like lemmings all going over the cliff.

No thanks....Brexit means Brexit, and that's plenty good enough for me and a whole host of others.

Considering we don't know what may have occurred if the EU did not exists and whilst it continues to thrive being the continent with the largest GDP in the World, can you backup your assertion the EU has been a total disaster with some evidence so we know what disasters you are talking about???

Hi, cv,

That last line? You don't know.

You are just trying to justify your argument for leaving.