Xmas drink meet up

That is so bizarre. I was there from 6 with Greenfever, then 4 others arrived. We sat on the right in the slightly elevated section and were there until 11 as well! I think I emailed you at about 9 to ask if you were still coming!! We all said it was a shame you couldn't make it as there was a lot of of love in the room :cheesy: and you would not have been short of drinks.

We all seemed to have fun and quite nice talking about trading with people who actually wanted to listen :LOL:

We said we should do it again in 3-4 months, so around April. In our inebriated state, we gave ourselves % gain targets between now and then. Mine was a cautious 30%, TDU8 was gung ho with 100% (perhaps he had 1-2 pints more than me) Well, lets see how that pans out.
oh, Barbaras...you have to start trading and letting us in on all of your secrets ;)

Dax

Hi Dax, thanks again for organising. Was good fun chatting to you all and bouncing a few ideas around. Wasn't feeling too clever on Saturday morning, but had a great night and look forward to round two, hopefully we will all be well on our way to reaching that 1500 pips :)

SXbarnes (Maybe? Bedfordshire? If West Beds?)

Anyone else lurking Local want's to join a Xmas trading social?

M

Am the other side of Bedford so Aylesbury is a bit tricky. Thanks for asking though. Will be up for the next London one.

Hi Mark et al
Are we still planning on meeting up in the Aylesbury area on the 17th.
G

The staff were a little confused about who'd booked which tables. One of them sent me to a table where I got confusion followed by giggling when I asked if they were the Trade to Win group! Luckily the next table I tried was the right one, think two embarrasments would have been enough for one night!

Nice to meet the ppl who were there on Friday night, and Mark you were certainly there in spirit as your ideas & contributions kept a lot of the conversation going.

Once again sorry. Still kicking my self for not checking all the tables! from the chat me and Tang had we had asked at at least 6 tables between us, just mossied the crucial one. I was convinced one of you must pass us coming in or going to the gents toilets but and see our sign, but not so.

Yes barbras, if nothiong else sign up for SLM and use FNT trader so you dont have to get out of bed.

I made an estimation to Tangereo that with a similar market conditions in 2011, a decent INT setting and 15-20 AI reverse trades throughout the year I reckon 1500 pips is a good FNT variants target for 2011.

;)

M

Hi all
Is there anybody who wants to meet up this Friday in the aylesbury area as Mark suggested some time ago?
G

Hi all
Is there anybody who wants to meet up this Friday in the aylesbury area as Mark suggested some time ago?
G

Graham I still plan to do this, just had a lot on. Will reveiw the posts an PM peeps tonight then book a table tomorrow.

M

Graham I still plan to do this, just had a lot on. Will reveiw the posts an PM peeps tonight then book a table tomorrow.

M

Hi Mark,
Can you let me know where you will be, and I will see if I can make it.
Dax

Hi Mark,
Can you let me know where you will be, and I will see if I can make it.
Dax

For sure Friday in Aylesbury, reviewing curry houses with best parking! Aylesbury main train station is the second from last on the met line from Marylbone Station in London.

M

For sure Friday in Aylesbury, reviewing curry houses with best parking! Aylesbury main train station is the second from last on the met line from Marylbone Station in London.

M

Hi Mark

Just my 2 pennys but I think if we want decent curry we would have to go out to say Wendover which is only a few miles out of Aylesbury. Also if you were thinking some people might be coming on the train out of London then it stops at Wendover.

Phil

Hi Mark

Just my 2 pennys but I think if we want decent curry we would have to go out to say Wendover which is only a few miles out of Aylesbury. Also if you were thinking some people might be coming on the train out of London then it stops at Wendover.

Phil

Fully agree, Wendover, The Prince of India, good call and easier for Gillybabe too (closer). So I think you and I shall share a cab ride there and back Phil? I will PM my mobile number to all.

So Booked the Prince of India in Wendover for Table of 6. 8pm Friday 17/12/10. Will aim to arrive by about 7.30pm. It's details are here :

http://www.prince-of-india.co.uk/contact.htm

It is at the bottom of high street in Wendover just slightly down from a mini roundabout on the road to Aylesbury. About 3 min walk away 1/2 way up the highstreet (hill) is a free public carpark opposite a Budgens supermarket (I think) and the Train Station from London Marylbone is at the top of the hill about 5 mins walk away.

Table is booked in the name of "Horton". Booked for 6 but am probably able to adjust upwards if anyone decides to Jump in too, just PM me asap.

Certains are :

Mark120169

Phil8

Gillybabe

Graham N (A long drive m8! My Grandparents lived in Wareham!!)

Maybes are :

Missionary

DaxM

Did I miss anyone ?

M

Great. I'll be there as long as the white stuff doesn't decide to appear out of the sky again.
G

Still doing my best M & Co. We are getting on well with the house clearance but the auctioneer now says he will collect all the furniture on Friday morning, not Thursday as arranged dammit. We then have the glaziers in to replace an upstairs leaded window frame - removed to remove furniture. So we can't leave the Sussex borders till late afternoon.

We are also towing a 750kg trailer and loading the car literally with the family silver . So if the snow has not set-in, instead of going Tring Pitstone Horton etc. I will attempt to get to the Prince. There is usually a space over the road to park so hope it will take a trailer too. But I can't leave it whilst I have a meal, so Mrs Mish will guard it whilst I pop in to say hello if I can. Will do my best.

Hi Aylesbury crew. I was going to drive down, but will have to bail as the missus now has a xmas do so I'm on kiddy duty. Shame, as it would have been nice to meet more of the NT gang.

The London gathering agreed to meet again in 3-4 months time so I will set that up in the new year.
Dax

Fully agree, Wendover, The Prince of India, good call and easier for Gillybabe too (closer). So I think you and I shall share a cab ride there and back Phil? I will PM my mobile number to all.

So Booked the Prince of India in Wendover for Table of 6. 8pm Friday 17/12/10. Will aim to arrive by about 7.30pm. It's details are here :

http://www.prince-of-india.co.uk/contact.htm

It is at the bottom of high street in Wendover just slightly down from a mini roundabout on the road to Aylesbury. About 3 min walk away 1/2 way up the highstreet (hill) is a free public carpark opposite a Budgens supermarket (I think) and the Train Station from London Marylbone is at the top of the hill about 5 mins walk away.

Table is booked in the name of "Horton". Booked for 6 but am probably able to adjust upwards if anyone decides to Jump in too, just PM me asap.

Certains are :

Mark120169

Phil8

Gillybabe

Graham N (A long drive m8! My Grandparents lived in Wareham!!)

Maybes are :

Missionary

DaxM

Did I miss anyone ?

M

Hi Mark

Sounds like a great idea to share a cab. I will drop you a PM with my number and whereabouts in Aylesbury so that we can sort it out.

Phil

As the forecast is suggesting temperatures aren't going to rise much today I think it would be silly for me to drive up from Dorset for this evening so Unfortunately I'm going to give it a miss. Have a good time and I look forward to meeting up in 2011.
G

As the forecast is suggesting temperatures aren't going to rise much today I think it would be silly for me to drive up from Dorset for this evening so Unfortunately I'm going to give it a miss. Have a good time and I look forward to meeting up in 2011.
G

Hi All. a lovely blanket of snow already now in Aylesbury!! Was not supposed to arrive until tomorrow/ :(

I am happy to play it by ear it the cabs can make it! Only me an Phil very local so lets see how the snow plays out but anyone else please don't force a journey if to dangerous or meaning you will be stuck on the roads for 3-4 hours missing the curry anyway!

M