Xmas drink meet up

I thought I would resurrect this and suggest a New Year drink ( or curry ) to celebrate the coming years trading!!!

Any takers? Maybe more than 1 venue to suit us all geographically.

G

I thought I would resurrect this and suggest a New Year drink ( or curry ) to celebrate the coming years trading!!!

Any takers? Maybe more than 1 venue to suit us all geographically.

G

Perhaps I'm being a little ambitious here but I really feel that if we organised something formal and more extensive we'd get a bit more interest than the previous meet.

Rather than reserving a little table in the corner of a pub why don't we organise a formal event? An event where we can not only meet for a chin wag but also to share trading ideas and techniques. I've got a projector and a sound system if it helps?

We don't have to spend hundreds hiring a conference room but even a community centre or school hall would do the trick.

If we get all participants to contribute towards the cost of the event (venue hire, refreshments, whatever), then they will come.

I'll even suggest a few ideas for the event name...

So how about:

Net Trap Seminar
The Trapper Symposium
Trapper's Delight

These are crap names I know. I don't really care what we call it, let's just get something organised! :clap:

Perhaps I'm being a little ambitious here but I really feel that if we organised something formal and more extensive we'd get a bit more interest than the previous meet.

Rather than reserving a little table in the corner of a pub why don't we organise a formal event? An event where we can not only meet for a chin wag but also to share trading ideas and techniques. I've got a projector and a sound system if it helps?

We don't have to spend hundreds hiring a conference room but even a community centre or school hall would do the trick.

If we get all participants to contribute towards the cost of the event (venue hire, refreshments, whatever), then they will come.

I'll even suggest a few ideas for the event name...

So how about:

Net Trap Seminar
The Trapper Symposium
Trapper's Delight

These are crap names I know. I don't really care what we call it, let's just get something organised! :clap:

Great idea! Shouldn't this proposal get its own thread?

Few quick ideas:

1. Somewhere towards Birmingham (perhaps not the NEC!) or somewhere central to make it accessible for the whole country would be nice.
2. Speaker topics: EAs, other technical indicators than MA40, other influences on results eg. news
3. Some beer and wine
4. Get RH to make a guest appearence and sign copies of NT and NNT, people's breasts etc! Appearence fee of £247 minus a £10 Shortcut Confidential discount :D

Only issue that might arise with a seminar/symposium is whether some will find it frustratingly lowbrow/highbrow because of the very diverse range of FX experience of those on this board (placing myself well towards the bottom end of knowledge, experience and everything else). Some are very new to FX, some appear to have developed their own systems being sold commercially. Part of event split into lowend/highend workshop?

Apologies - I have probably attended too many symposia, both good and awful!

personally i'm just interested in meeting people and getting a bit pissed while pretending to know evrything there is to know about trading.

personally i'm just interested in meeting people and getting a bit pissed while pretending to know evrything there is to know about trading.

Sounds good. Although a Midlands based hotel where beer and rooms are cheep and the barman can be kept on duty until 4am have produced the best "work" related "meetings" imho. ;)

M

I'm with Rugby Trader - A few beers, a bit pissed and talking ****! Midlands should be easy. Cov?, Peterborough?, Hmmm Nottingham?

I would have thought Birmingham would be the easiest, especially for those in London (I know Cov is on the way to Birmingham, but although I had a great time at Uni there, I wouldn't recommend it as great town)

Yeah alcohol was always part of the plan, don't worry about that!

Perhaps a pub function room would be better then. As long as it's somewhere we can put a sign up to avoid what happened last time, with everyone being at the same venue but somehow missing each other!

??? Did that happen? I thought it was the snow.....

The snow didn't help, that's for sure.

I couldn't make the last event myself. But from the comments on this forum it sounds like there were 2 groups of trappers at the pub and both were unaware of the other group.

That's what I was referring to.

That sort of thing can easily happen so it would be good to find a way for everyone to identify fellow trappers. Personally I think booking a room somewhere and putting a sign up is probably the easiest. Although I guess everyone could just turn up wearing an "I love RH" t-shirt lol! ;-)

I live in Cov (which isnt that bad by the way) brum would be good

I think it's us ex 1980's Two Tone Ska Music loving Rude Boys with these assumptions as the song "GhostTown" by The Specials was written about Coventy I beleive! :cool:

Hands up who used to go to school in a Black Stay Press trousers, white Fred Perry Polo Shirt, Black Harrington Jacket with Tarten lining, white socks with the red and blue top banding and black brogues of Loafer shoes, sometimes Doc Martin Shoes.

And when they cracked down on Fred Perry shirts you got white shirts with button down collers, Gold plated Tie Pin anbd Tied the school tie with the thin end showing and the wide end tucked inside (reverse as such).

Oh.... and a Crew Cut haircut, No 4 top , No 2 Sides, Not quite as scary as a Skin head (No 1 all over) but similar rebel effect.

Happy Memories School in the Early / Mid Eighties.

I think it's us ex 1980's Two Tone Ska Music loving Rude Boys with these assumptions as the song "GhostTown" by The Specials was written about Coventy I beleive! :cool:

Hands up who used to go to school in a Black Stay Press trousers, white Fred Perry Polo Shirt, Black Harrington Jacket with Tarten lining, white socks with the red and blue top banding and black brogues of Loafer shoes, sometimes Doc Martin Shoes.

And when they cracked down on Fred Perry shirts you got white shirts with button down collers, Gold plated Tie Pin anbd Tied the school tie with the thin end showing and the wide end tucked inside (reverse as such).

Oh.... and a Crew Cut haircut, No 4 top , No 2 Sides, Not quite as scary as a Skin head (No 1 all over) but similar rebel effect.

Happy Memories School in the Early / Mid Eighties.

moi :rolleyes:

I haven't been to Birmingham in about 20 years so have no idea which pubs are the good ones.

So can somebody with local knowledge suggest a suitable pub in Birmingham please. Would be good to get this meet organised! :)