Xmas drink meet up

i've just done it (the survey :)), so we are now 5. i see it's in april - that's fine by me. is there anyone out there (a brummy maybe) who is gonna take the initiative on this?
quinny

Who said it was in April? I think I said March or April on the survey. Somebody proposed Friday 4 March, so that could be a plan.

I actually happen to be in UK on 4th March so count me in if that goes ahead.

PS: How do you set the "Location" on the left of your posts?? I couldn't seem to find the option.

I can do March 4, but will need a decision asap as I need to take March 5 off work.

I actually happen to be in UK on 4th March so count me in if that goes ahead.

PS: How do you set the "Location" on the left of your posts?? I couldn't seem to find the option.

i filled this form in e few years ago, and i think the location was part of the registration process. how did you get the union jack?

I admit to being a brummy :) I can look for a venue once we know numbers and what kind of thing we want, only 5 saying yes so far... sounds like a session in a pub somewhere at the mo :)

There's only one city! Everywhere else are towns.
London.

Although when I said this to my uncle he made a good point by saying cities outside London are cities. London isn't a city but a metropolis.
Where's superman?

I live in readin which is only half hour from city - it would great to meet up there for me. However, I think the logic was to move it out of the CITY.
Quinny

that's the logic for the Birmingham meet up, doesn't mean that they are all now going to take place outside of London. We can organise another one for May or June in the city.

Would people rather go to London on the 4th of March, or Birmingham?
Personally, if I were going to London I wouldn't need to take the afternoon off work, and I could get the last train home (saves me time and money on hotels etc.). So London would be better for me. Saying that, a decent hotel and a curry in Brum sounds good.
However, could somebody please take the lead and act on this, as it's only 3 weeks away.
Quinny

I think if you lot can't decide whether you want to hold it in London
or Brum we should go for Sheffield instead.:cheesy:

OK, well between 6 an 12 people so far makes it worth the drive for me so I'm confirming. Am away for the weekend tomorrow but will probably book the hotel the end of next week.

okay, i've found a city centre hotel and got my train times and fares sorted. what are we gonna do, is somebody gonna put some sort of a schedule together?

i need to know pretty sharpish as the trains and hotel prices go up if i don't book soon.

Q

I'll be driving from Cardiff airport about 1:30pm to arrive in the city about 4pm if anyone lives thereabouts that route and needs a lift.