Xmas drink meet up

So far we have the following interested parties in meeting up for a drink in central london

Rugby Trader
Mark
Slopius Jim
Captain Scarlet
Sxbarnes
Goldfinger777
Yidos1
Nick P
DaxM
TradeViking
Everydaytrader
Barbaras

those outside London or those I weren't sure if it was a yes or no
Peterf
GrahamN
Phil8

quite a few there. Can anyone else interested get your name down by Friday this week, I think it would be best for everyone if we got the date sorted next week.

thanks

I'll be there subject to the date fiiting in with work. I travel around Europe a fair bit and we have a contract with a finish date of 17th December so the week or so leading up to that will be fairly busy.
Graham

Yes i'm up for it. Am from Cheltenham so if anyone from same area maybe share same car?

So far we have the following interested parties in meeting up for a drink in central london

Rugby Trader
Mark
Slopius Jim
Captain Scarlet
Sxbarnes
Goldfinger777
Yidos1
Nick P
DaxM
TradeViking
Everydaytrader
Barbaras

those outside London or those I weren't sure if it was a yes or no
Peterf
GrahamN
Phil8

quite a few there. Can anyone else interested get your name down by Friday this week, I think it would be best for everyone if we got the date sorted next week.

thanks

Depends on the day, would have to be a Saturday, and not the 11th cos got tix for the brilliant Arcade Fire that night.

Bumping this up, has a date been sorted? A Friday is also do-able, but probably trains are much more expensive Friday nights, and I hate lining Branson's pockets even more.

I've made a reservation at The Abbey Victoria
Date : Dec 3rd
Time : 6pm onwards
Number : 20 people

Found it hard to book a place as they are all full of xmas parties and wanted people to have dinner. This is quite a nice place, just off Victoria St, which connects Westminster and Victoria tube stations (both 10 min walk), nearest tube is St James Park (5 mins walk). I've booked a couple of table for drinks and haven't put any money down, so no big deal if this doesn't work for people. Friday seemed to be a logical day as many people work in London, and those who are travelling can hopefully get away a bit early to arrive on Friday evening. I tried to book for the 10th or 17th but it was too busy. So hopefully this is OK for most people. If anyone else has a better idea, then please go for it...I won't be offended!!
Dax

well, looks like we have a date, time and place.
hopefully this will be ok for most people, obviously not everyone is going to make it whatever date we pick.

I've made a reservation at The Abbey Victoria
Date : Dec 3rd
Time : 6pm onwards
Number : 20 people
Dax

Thanks for organising this DaxM.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it as I'm at a wedding rehearsal that day (Best Man at the wedding the day after).

Gutted cos I was looking forward to meeting you all. I'm sure there will be other chances though, hope you all have a good one. Buy Mark a beer for me :)

I'm already out on the 3rd so unfortunately I can't make it either.

Thanks for organising it though & hope you have a good night.

Dec 3rd... The next Non Farm Payroll Day! Am off that day so will be there.

Will we have to have the Net Trap manual under our arm to know who is part of the group?:)

Last edited:
Dec 3rd... The next Non Farm Payroll Day! Am off that day so will be there.

Will we have to have the Net Trap manual under our arm to know who is part of the group?:)

LOL. I should be there, as the wife is still here will have to check with her.

M

Cant do I'm afraid as have a prior engagement.
I like the idea of in Jan instead as there is much less going on - how about Friday 7th Jan?

Cant do I'm afraid as have a prior engagement.
I like the idea of in Jan instead as there is much less going on - how about Friday 7th Jan?

Mr. Branson's choo- choo fare is not too bad, but hotel costs are dear - Xmas forcing up prices, so probably a no go for me.

New year, I have a weekend trip ibn mind with Mrs PeterF for a show on a Sat night, so could do the Friday as well.

Dax, thanks for organising this!
3rd Dec looks good for me.
Look forward to matching names to faces!
b

I wish I could be there too, but London would be too cold for me I guess :p
~ I was off T2W after a recent little addition in my family, will start net trap trading again now :)