Xmas drink meet up

I will not be there tomorrow, my meeting in London has been cancelled yet again, I can't justify the train / hotel costs without work paying for the travel element.
(spent 9.5 hrs in the car on Tuesday trying to get to the meeting in SE London still didn't get there)
Hope those that make it have a good time, DAX thank you for setting it up, will catch up with you all at the next do, perhaps after xmas?

I've made a reservation at The Abbey Victoria
Date : Dec 3rd
Time : 6pm onwards
Number : 20 people

Found it hard to book a place as they are all full of xmas parties and wanted people to have dinner. This is quite a nice place, just off Victoria St, which connects Westminster and Victoria tube stations (both 10 min walk), nearest tube is St James Park (5 mins walk). I've booked a couple of table for drinks and haven't put any money down, so no big deal if this doesn't work for people. Friday seemed to be a logical day as many people work in London, and those who are travelling can hopefully get away a bit early to arrive on Friday evening. I tried to book for the 10th or 17th but it was too busy. So hopefully this is OK for most people. If anyone else has a better idea, then please go for it...I won't be offended!!
Dax

I will still be there. Will catch the train to Marleybone from Aylesbury asap once wife is home from work. If I can get there near 6pm will try, but for sure will be there between 7pm and 8pm latest.

This is my Facebook page if you want to try and recognise me! Almost 42 but with youthful looks, 5ft 7", stocky build (I'm the bloke in the photo!, the good looking chick is my South African wife!)

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=562393573

M

Unfortunately I can't make the gathering this Friday but have fun all those that do.

Am definately up for the bash in Aylesbury. Is the 17th still looking like the date?

Okay will PM peeps tonight but those I know live in or close to Aylesbury (I think) who may be interested in a beer / curry evening on Friday 17th or anytime after this and before the 22nd are :

Me!

Phil8
Missionary
Gillybabe
Captain Scarlet
Graham N

SXbarnes (Maybe? Bedfordshire? If West Beds?)

Anyone else lurking Local want's to join a Xmas trading social?

M

sorry, i couldn't make it tonight guys, i've been struck down with the lurgy and been in bed all day.
hopefully i'll meet up with some of you at the next meet!

sorry, i couldn't make it tonight guys, i've been struck down with the lurgy and been in bed all day.
hopefully i'll meet up with some of you at the next meet!

That's a shame (n)

I'm off to the Abbey now...hope to see some of you there soon.

Dax

Hope you all have a great time tonight and the snow doesn't halt play! Have one for me!
Cheers

Mark

Hope you all have a great time tonight and the snow doesn't halt play! Have one for me!
Cheers

Mark

I think the weather caused chaos? I was at Aylesbury station to catch the 6pm train but it did not arrive until 6.15pm and was so slow due to snow and ice. Tube trip on Bakerloo and District line to St.James was also slow and delayed so walk into the Abbey at 8.15pm.

Asked for Dax's table and was pointed to the right, asked a a few tables and got some blank looks, then Tangereo found me from my Facebook picture.

So we camped on a table opposite the entrance and wrote a little sign that said "Dax ? NT" . Plenty walked in and walked past it for the toilets but no-one else appeared.

Anyway, we drank until 11pm talking trading theory's mostly and playning the AI guessing game (he was wrong!!)

Apolgies to anyone who maybe was there and we missed each other, I planned to be their by 7.15pm to 7.30pm but the weather massively delayed the journey.

Anyway. Try again in 2011 sometime I think.

M

I think the weather caused chaos? I was at Aylesbury station to catch the 6pm train but it did not arrive until 6.15pm and was so slow due to snow and ice. Tube trip on Bakerloo and District line to St.James was also slow and delayed so walk into the Abbey at 8.15pm.

Asked for Dax's table and was pointed to the right, asked a a few tables and got some blank looks, then Tangereo found me from my Facebook picture.

So we camped on a table opposite the entrance and wrote a little sign that said "Dax ? NT" . Plenty walked in and walked past it for the toilets but no-one else appeared.

Anyway, we drank until 11pm talking trading theory's mostly and playning the AI guessing game (he was wrong!!)

Apolgies to anyone who maybe was there and we missed each other, I planned to be their by 7.15pm to 7.30pm but the weather massively delayed the journey.

Anyway. Try again in 2011 sometime I think.

M

That is so bizarre. I was there from 6 with Greenfever, then 4 others arrived. We sat on the right in the slightly elevated section and were there until 11 as well! I think I emailed you at about 9 to ask if you were still coming!! We all said it was a shame you couldn't make it as there was a lot of of love in the room :cheesy: and you would not have been short of drinks.

We all seemed to have fun and quite nice talking about trading with people who actually wanted to listen :LOL:

We said we should do it again in 3-4 months, so around April. In our inebriated state, we gave ourselves % gain targets between now and then. Mine was a cautious 30%, TDU8 was gung ho with 100% (perhaps he had 1-2 pints more than me) Well, lets see how that pans out.
oh, Barbaras...you have to start trading and letting us in on all of your secrets ;)

Dax

That is so bizarre. I was there from 6 with Greenfever, then 4 others arrived. We sat on the right in the slightly elevated section and were there until 11 as well! I think I emailed you at about 9 to ask if you were still coming!! We all said it was a shame you couldn't make it as there was a lot of of love in the room :cheesy: and you would not have been short of drinks.

We all seemed to have fun and quite nice talking about trading with people who actually wanted to listen :LOL:

We said we should do it again in 3-4 months, so around April. In our inebriated state, we gave ourselves % gain targets between now and then. Mine was a cautious 30%, TDU8 was gung ho with 100% (perhaps he had 1-2 pints more than me) Well, lets see how that pans out.
oh, Barbaras...you have to start trading and letting us in on all of your secrets ;)

Dax

Bugger. Should have asked at more tables and given you my mobile number!! I don't check private email on my Samsung, would be too many messages coming through. I 100% positive I had the right place, the bar is downstairs correct?

Really sorry guys I missed you. Should have demanded the waitress walked me to the table. Live and learn, have done lots of blind business meetings inthe past this was the first blind social!

M

I still remember that girl's face (she was in group of a dozen guys) when I asked her "are you Nettrappers?" and how it changed when I followed it with "I am looking for Mark the trader".

I think I saw you guys sitting around the table in the corner. I thought this must be a bunch of thugs quietly talking about their dirty deeds. Surely I forgot that this is how true traders look like!

Bugger. Should have asked at more tables and given you my mobile number!! I don't check private email on my Samsung, would be too many messages coming through. I 100% positive I had the right place, the bar is downstairs correct?

Really sorry guys I missed you. Should have demanded the waitress walked me to the table. Live and learn, have done lots of blind business meetings inthe past this was the first blind social!

M

Sounds like you were in the right place. Just shows...I can't organise a **** up in a pub (n)

Next time....mobile numbers.

I still remember that girl's face (she was in group of a dozen guys) when I asked her "are you Nettrappers?" and how it changed when I followed it with "I am looking for Mark the trader".

I think I saw you guys sitting around the table in the corner. I thought this must be a bunch of thugs quietly talking about their dirty deeds. Surely I forgot that this is how true traders look like!

More like, a bunch of thugs discussing their dirty trades.
Shame we missed you Tang, I'm sure we'll do it again in the new year.

DaxM - thanks for organising the meet up on Friday. Mark - what a shame we didn't see you! We were joking that we'd be able to recognise you as the guy with a line of beers at his table bought by a bunch of grateful NT'ers.

Anyway, the bunch of us in the corner did NOT run out of conversation. I learned an awful lot of info that was conveyed with the passion that you can't pick up in these threads. Everyone was supportive and full of friendly advice. We also had a laugh about the regular fodder that comes from Agora and RH updates :D

Looking fwd to next time!

DaxM - thanks for organising the meet up on Friday. Mark - what a shame we didn't see you! We were joking that we'd be able to recognise you as the guy with a line of beers at his table bought by a bunch of grateful NT'ers.

Anyway, the bunch of us in the corner did NOT run out of conversation. I learned an awful lot of info that was conveyed with the passion that you can't pick up in these threads. Everyone was supportive and full of friendly advice. We also had a laugh about the regular fodder that comes from Agora and RH updates :D

Looking fwd to next time!

Nice one, sounds like you all had a good time.

Sorry I couldn't make it, was at a wedding rehearsal (best man duties), but look forward to attending the next official meet.

Dax

Great to meet up with some folks on Friday, shame we didn't get together with Mark and Tang as well but I'm sure there'll be more events.

Good to see you all and put some faces to names, really enjoyed the night.

Strong stuff that Peroni . . . . .

Neil.

Okay will PM peeps tonight but those I know live in or close to Aylesbury (I think) who may be interested in a beer / curry evening on Friday 17th or anytime after this and before the 22nd are :

Me!

Phil8
Missionary
Gillybabe
Captain Scarlet
Graham N

SXbarnes (Maybe? Bedfordshire? If West Beds?)

Anyone else lurking Local want's to join a Xmas trading social?

M

Aylesbury is fine as I'm in Ealing, but unfortunately can't make the 17th. Have a good one.

Neil.

Sounds like you were in the right place. Just shows...I can't organise a **** up in a pub (n)

Next time....mobile numbers.

Oh dear! Ex post it's almost funny, we had been waiting for you with the anticipation for Father Xmas and you were just at another table!! :D

Maybe Dax we should indeed have arrived with a copy of the manual. Also nonchalantly put it on top of the xmas tree near our table...

Anyway, I had a great time. And my top new year resolution is to start getting up early again so as to trade again... Will keep you posted.

b.

Oh dear! Ex post it's almost funny, we had been waiting for you with the anticipation for Father Xmas and you were just at another table!! :D

Maybe Dax we should indeed have arrived with a copy of the manual. Also nonchalantly put it on top of the xmas tree near our table...

Anyway, I had a great time. And my top new year resolution is to start getting up early again so as to trade again... Will keep you posted.

b.

Once again sorry. Still kicking my self for not checking all the tables! from the chat me and Tang had we had asked at at least 6 tables between us, just mossied the crucial one. I was convinced one of you must pass us coming in or going to the gents toilets but and see our sign, but not so.

Yes barbras, if nothiong else sign up for SLM and use FNT trader so you dont have to get out of bed.

I made an estimation to Tangereo that with a similar market conditions in 2011, a decent INT setting and 15-20 AI reverse trades throughout the year I reckon 1500 pips is a good FNT variants target for 2011.

;)

M

I made an estimation to Tangereo that with a similar market conditions in 2011, a decent INT setting and 15-20 AI reverse trades throughout the year I reckon 1500 pips is a good FNT variants target for 2011.

;)

M

I'll be disappointed if INT doesn't achieve that! 1500 is a reasonable annual target to aim for I reckon.