US Indices Intra-day Trading for August 2003

If your stops are wide enough both will win eventually......

Short term will bet on genti.

genti,
had a short on Nas from last week 1297.Actually thinking of a bit of a hedge and just going long for rest of today on Nas

just back in, I am going to scale into shorts from now until the close.....I expect down on monday....got to BBQ, good night

Hi Sun
I notice you are doing your seminars again with City Index. Will it be the same material as before? (Basically, should I come again?) For those who haven't been, I highly recommend them.. fascinating!

12 POINTS spread for the Dow, what are they playing at?????

Bottomdollar, i was thinking you should come up again....maybe I can get chartman or Mr chart to do a presentation. The seminars will take place at the Bloomberg rooms as we dont have any at City anymore....let me keep you posted, and then we could have one heck of a party,.....sorry seminar!!!!!!!! :)

are there some controls I've missed ?

I don't remember underlining my first post of this thread but it seems to have popped up anyway - anyone got any ideas why ?

So , back to the indeces - the dax , although I will be trying to short it next week , I must say that we could be in for a large corrective move upwards . but the overall mid - long term view is down !

Attachments

• 8.8.gif
    8.8.gif
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,027
Anyone else spot this head and shoulders on the S&P? I make the target around 992. They don't seem to work as often as they are supposed to but I will be keeping an eye on it next week.

Attachments

• 8.8.h&s.gif
    8.8.h&s.gif
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,002
mma - the underlinings refer to words in the glossary, and are designed for newbies to understand what everyone is talking about if they don't know.

To remove the underlinings which will also speed up the page loading, at the top of this page click on Community, then My Profile, then Edit Options, then towards the bottom of the list is 'Automatically link glossary words in posts' - just click on No.

I may have to change my tune a bit here. It may be premature but timing is crucial. If the Fibonacci pattern I have worked on is correct then August could go down as the meltodown of all meltdown.... a little annoyed with that as my analysis says UP...will post more tomorrow afternoon

Sunseeker

meltodown of all meltdown

Do you mean that the dow could fall 500 to 1000 points in August?

Hi there,

I'm afraid I am a true lurker on this board but have been VERY impressed with Sun's b*lls posting his path as he does, I've even voted for him!

In view of his last couple of posts regarding the mother of all falls starting in August, I wonder what you all think of this chap whos is a professor of geophysics & has made a special study of "post bubble Herding". His website, listed below gives his predictions as to what the S&P is going to do in the next 12-24 months. He has compared it to the Nikei, as TBS has done, and I have to say that what is happening in the US does look remarkably similar to what happened in Japan a few years ago

http://www.ess.ucla.edu/faculty/sornette/prediction/index.asp#prediction

What do you think?

Ubend