US Indices Intra-day Trading for August 2003

BigB

You wont beleive this but that plastic bag thingy is precisely what I've been doing till now!!!! How the h*ll did u know? However, I always use 2 plastic sheets - 1 has path the path upside down in case I want to look at it that way - never thought about flipping it, but thanks for the idea ;)

But I have 2 more questions if that's OK;

1) What is an OHP film?
2) Is there a technical term for this overlaying stuff so that I can look for it in the Help section of the programs I have. Unless of course it is technically called "overlay" ;)

Cheers

please be aware the possibility of another inversion today....

I have one interpretation which is bullish today.....

Good day Tom.

im actually looking for 83 in S&P at least.

what do you reckon please?

Looks like I'm right about that.....it's gonna spoil my weekend at the moment :cry: Oh, hang on, we might get some back :cheesy:

When things are bad......here's a lesson
Always have a stop in.
I went to move the fan, pulled the master plug by mistake and shut everything down. When I got back in there was a donk for my fill (sell stop) at 9155(YM), 9145 trading at the time and straight down to 9130.
Oh well, could have been worse. :rolleyes:

oatman - Did you have slippage on your stop sell order?

When i was trading the YM, sometimes i got up to 5 points slippage on stop orders in fast moving market.

I actually got my price on that but most others I've lost 2 points today. Adds up. :( I've had enough for now, might have a look later.

good luck

Looks a bit like the right shoulder of a H&S. I have a 50p a point short on the S&P. Max loss £1. I don't like Mondays and Fridays so have reduced my stake a little. :)

Bigbusiness - 50p/point :eek: u really r doing some BIG business.

Anyway I think today could be a narrow range day, more suited to sell-at-rally,buy-at-dip.

The real action could be on Monday.

Have to hand it to DOW and SP.Holding up well considering Nas gettin creamed again.Can it last??? Small short 975,stop other side of 977

sorry you lost the 77 there.

Attachments

• sp500.gif
    sp500.gif
    18 KB · Views: 372
I was looking at the Dow chart for the H&S. The S&P looks quite different. Still, it's just taken out my stop. They never work when I try to get the right shoulder.

Think I will call it a day as it is too nice outside to be doing this.

Have a good weekend everyone.

genti,
still in.Bit nervous about this tho'.Hope Nas doesn't decide to have rally.Been down most days this week.Due some buying

actually im long on S&P from 63 wanted to get 83 but is not going anywere, tho' looks good in p/f chart.

Attachments

• sp500 pf charts.png
    sp500 pf charts.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 386