US Indices Intra-day Trading for August 2003

anmolway - yes, the chart is ES, which is the emini S&P futures. It closes at 21:15 UK time, so there is an additional 15 minutes of movement after the Dow closes at 21:00.

Sunseeker(Tom) - can you use your path analysis on other indices/commodities?

Would it work on anything?

Tom

We all get things a little wrong sometimes. We would have to be God himself otherwise.

Let us have a look at your chart for today. At least it gives us a clue to what may happen!!

Robert, I made some good dosh yesterday despite the mis-hap in the evening. I have revised the chart to take into account yesterdays sell-off. The chart for today looks murky for the bulls but again plenty of opportunities for all of us with trigger happy trading platforms....:)

Attachments

• path 6 august 2003.png
    path 6 august 2003.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 450
That's the spirit Tom.

I am glad you made some dosh yesterday- regardless of the markets tantrums.

I hope you cream off a bit more today too!!

hi there

i'm one of the lurkers on this thread, but only reason i don't post is cos i don't have anything useful to say.

but today, i want to ask a couple of questions, and i hope they get addressed....

1) Whatever happened to the Bradley model - this was supposed to have ALWAYS worked;

2) Whatever happened to the Spiral Calender - this also was supposed to have ALWAYS worked...

I just find it odd how these were discussed in such detail BEFORE those dates, and now that nothing "seems" to have happened, not a sound about them from anyone.....

SS - You made a comment yesterday that you thought today would fall initially and then rise until later in the day. Your present path does not show this. Has your analysis on the path changed from yesterday evening to this morning ?

Hi Chester,

Yes, my analysis has changed due to the nature of yesterday

Beam_me_up.....the philosophy here is that it is followed as long as it works, when it does not work, it is ignored....that is why we always use stop losses in case they are wrong

beam_me_up

I`m sure I`ll get shot down for this ;) but here goes anyway. I personally feel that these forecasting the future models are at best, random in their accuracy.
If you start enough sequences from enough places you will tie in every event .

They all smell very much of backfilling to me. Take Nostradamus, I may be wrong, but it seems to me his "predictions" get interpreted after the event. shouldn`t it all of ended three years ago according to him :?:

But then maybe someones now got the real interpretation of what he wrote. ;)

Steve

Beam_me_up,

I don't recall anyone saying the models ALWAYS worked, point me to the post/thread if I'm wrong.

Bradley is non-directional so the July turning point may have been a signal upside, who knows, no-one yet. There are several Spiral Calendar dates originating from 1929 & 1945 which haven't manifested themselves in doom and gloom.

Chow

Hmm Nostradamus.........

If interpreted Nostradamus' esoteric language correctly, one will note that his prophesies stretch until 3797. :D

Thats a big can of worms for those neophytes :cheesy: :cheesy:

Cheers CJ

uh Steve, dangerous topic, the Bible apparently has all the answers, but I remember what happended the last time we talked about that topic, just ask RGLEN, I think it was

To sun, a320 & all,

I think I`ll just say some believe in prophecy and some don`t, and leave it at that.

I`m not going to get involved in a "heated" discussion on the subject and concentrate on making money :cheesy:

Steve

Guys!

Don't start that again!!

There are too many unbelievers on this board- they will get upset with you.

You have been warned.

with regard to bradley models etc. its all about faith, for all you "unbelievers " out there , a little story

A young lady brings her fiancee home to meet her parents. After dinner her mother tells her father to find out more about the young man. The father invites the young man to his study for a drink.

"So what are your plans?" the father asks. "I am a Biblical scholar" he replies. "A Biblical scholar, Hmmmm" the father says"Admirable, but how will you provide a nice house for my daughter to live in?"

"I will study dilligently" the young man replies, "and God will provide for us"

"And how will you buy her a beautiful diamond engagement ring such as she deserves?" asks the father

"I will concentrate on my studies," the young man replies "and God will provide"

"And children?" asks the father "how will you support children?"

"Dont worry Sir, God will provide"

The conversation proceeds like this and each time the father questions him the young man insists that God will provide.

Later, the mother asks, "How dit it go honey?"

The father answers, "He has no job, no plans and no prospects, but the good news is that he thinks I'm God."

Last edited:
good luck today....

word on the path....

ALhtough I am very happy trading the path, I realise that some may take it as gospel....whenever you are trading turning points, EVALUATE your RISK FIRST, IE where is my stop if I am wrong.....l

There are two jobs you need to learn as a trader:

1/ read patterns
/ control risk