US Indices Intra-day Trading for August 2003

Tom, have a look at my prediction on the Dow Comp thread. I'm tied up with other things this week, but I'm not far off. Theres alot of dark things in the background. Starting to think I
haven't pitched low enough!!!

hi i have been following all of the threads covered by SUNSEEKER with great interest and respect! I am aware that many have predicted the dow to go up to the higher 9000's, (sunseeker - 9878) - soon and then fall as it does in sept and oct. Do you think that before the dow rises any further it may fall as it traditionally has done over the next couple of months and then reach the target of the high 9000's.

This is intended to all with greater knowledge than mine
thanks

annmolway

Attachments

• 5.8.gif
    5.8.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 576
Funny, I spoke to Chester earlier and said I thought the path had inverted!"

Just bought the Dow at 8976- only £1 mind - but I think it'll have at least a small bounce tomorrow as it's below it's lower BB.

The market is definately spooked by something at present.Looks like it thinks the bond market will kill off any recovery,or perhaps something more sinister lurking in bonds.Will be interesting to see 2row's response to 5yr auction,then the more important 10yr Thurs

Thank you for that.

Has been an interesting week so far and will it continue to fall to test the lows of the past two months or will it it rebound to retest the recent highs. Anyone who is still short for last thursday must be smiling now.

anmolway - welcome to T2W. :D

Going by the daily Dow chart, it still looks bearish having taken out the hammer yesterday.

The head and shoulders worked a treat today on ES.

The following is a 10 minute chart. The muddy brown lines are the same length, so the target was met.

Attachments

• es 5 august 10 min.jpg
    es 5 august 10 min.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 505
The Dow decided to kick a few butts today!

I hope there are still some standing awaiting a rematch tomorrow.

We should see the european markets fall tomorrow to catch up with what has happened on the Dow.

I hope to be riding any waves that may materialise.

well, I am sorry about the state of the path today. I should have made a lot more money than I did. I too am getting a little spooked about his sell-off, especially because 960 in the SP was so important to me and the 9041 was important to me because of the geometry from the high. The bulls are in trouble now that the geometry is pointing down, BUT only if the SPX ( cash) goes below the 962.39 area. I admit that looks like to be the case right now.

I am almost afraid to tell you this but the path tomorrow points straight UP after a lower open, but it looks like it will still close weak....

good night

Sunseeker

PS, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CHART SKIMBLE!!!!

I am going to give you a vote just for that beauty

skim i notice on your chart s&p has gown down below 960. - is this futures?

sunseeker - are u referring to the futures or cash value of s&p

cheers
anmolway

Great post skim.... that should encourage people to read jiler :D

Good day for us bears, the prim.x very interesting today, some mischief in place.... splendid trading though, even on a mobile connection :rolleyes:

Cheers CJ

OK, I'm on a roll here - I've just figured out how to annotate that chart with a squiggly line to show the inverted cup and handle which was sitting snuggly in the right shoulder of that head and shoulders.

An inverted cup and handle is bearish.

Attachments

• h&s and c&h on 10 min es.jpg
    h&s and c&h on 10 min es.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 478