US Indices Intra-day Trading for August 2003

I remember doing a seminar with him when I was at Finspreads...I think the people there liked it....

I have read his book as well....I know many who swear by his method of building a sustainable strategy....

Sunseeker

I look forward to be entertained but what I really need is my market clocked entrained.

tst

seminar details? or is it full already as SS fame spreads? WOudl love to pop along if can escape from work for a "meeting"
;-)

Sunseeker

In answer to your question about hours, cycles and numbers, I find 6 is best because of all the fun things you can do with it. However, that leaves the extra 30 minute problem and where to start the hours ie., not necessarily on the hour. And then if you decide to do that then you have to move all your data around. However, it is probably worth the effort because as the saying goes, 'what goes around comes around'.

----------------------------------------

Price may go up; price may go down; but price will always go a round.

Sunseeker

In answer to your question about hours, cycles and numbers, I find 6 is best because of all the fun things you can do with it. However, that leaves the extra 30 minute problem and where to start the hours ie., not necessarily on the hour. And then if you decide to do that then you have to move all your data around. However, it is probably worth the effort because as the saying goes, 'what goes around comes around'.

----------------------------------------

Price may go up; price may go down; but price will always go a round.

TST, I use 6 hours as well, because of the divisibility to the circle, BUT I have to edit it every night....

Sun,

hello m8, I am still in the Americas - just a quickie here - when is your seminar? looking 4ward 2 meeting u!

Hi China,

the free seminar on the 4th and 10th of September are from 18:00-21:00 at the Bloomberg offices. They are fully booked, 30 places in each. We will hold some more later. If you wanted to get on the seminar, but its full, then register with the contact guy and he will let you know when the next one is.

The Dow slidced straight through important support. One thing that really concerns me here, on a more macro-economic basis, is what the drop in the US banking index is signalling. I have rarely seen that kind of drop out of the blue.

However, although there was very good geometry on Fridays high and a very unusual constelation at that point, which led the path to pointing straight down, I see an attempt to bounce today. I started scaling into short positions on Friday just after the open, but I have already put a B/E stop in as I did a lot of research over the weekend. Basically, although we should have a lot more downside coming, there is a 40% chance they will rally stocks back above 1000 in the index...

gone to enjoy the Bank Holiday, have a nice one China

Attachments

• bkx 25 august5.png
    bkx 25 august5.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 780
The Dow futures have dropped this morning does this signal more to come?

Rustic

Last edited:
some strong buying power this evening. Nice rebound from the lows of the day to through the highs of today in less than 40 mins.

Sun,

many thx, I'll probably miss the beginning of Sep seminars as i am in Mexico again :) Thx to Hurricaine Ignacio I had to stay in, away from no good (which is abound here :) ) and had an excellent trading session. Probably was not too biased on the sell side so was looking for a long entry pt from starters.... completely agree with u that we'll now c 1004 print again (at least). Matey looking 4ward 2 meeting u once I am back!

As no-one appears to be doing this anymore, I thought I'd drop in an overlay of the path today that I've gotten from tactrader.

Attachments

• combo map.jpg
    combo map.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 624
it was brilliant yesterday, the turns were sharp, and I am happy to say that the path got it right and I got it wrong...c'est la vie

A friend of mine from the US told me this morning that the sell-off at 15:00 UK time in the SP500 and Dow was traders front-running a major sell-program for month-end. When the program did not materialise, they pushed it straight back up.

The market is in a topping pattern and the end of August or first days of September will see the beginning of the turn towards 960 at a minimum in the SP, but far more likely below 900 in the SP500. It is a question having patience here as the mutual fund complex will look to push prices higher into Friday’s month-end. It will probably not be particularly hard for them either as volume yesterday was running 50% below a normal trading day. Program trades will rule the day and I would look at the Market Map for directions and turning points for the day.

The key levels will be 995, under which I favour the short side. Above 1002 I will look at the long side. Anything in between will be scalping.

China, I wish I could surf with you, I once surfed 10 footers in Biarritz after a storm, I was scared shi@less, but afterwards i looked out at the waves thinking, WOW, that was good....

have fun and take some picutres of the senoritas and waves...hmmm Mexico :)