Terrorist Attacks in London?

pakistan

Bigbusiness said:
I can only go by my experience and I have worked with Muslims from many nationalities, even a Welsh man who converted and have had no problems. There were also a lot of UK workers going to Saudi to make more money, so it isn't all about them sponging off us.

i meant pakistani & moroccans moslims.

All this discussion of islam is really doing my head in, television, radio, newspapers now even T2W,

When i left the M.E. for good i thought thats enough of that, its seems to permeate every aspect of

our lives i swear dreaming will come next. Oh for the halycon days when our problems revolved

around mundane things like the weather, the price of a pint and the drug problem, I wonder if this

obsession is only confined to the U.K.

bulldozer said:
Of course there are the twatty guys who twist Islam but they are definitely the minority in my experience, and no worse than some bible-bashing idiot knocking on the door IMO.

-TPO.

How many people did the bible bashers that knock on doors kill ?? Just finkin out load :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Well, my comment wasn't very clear but I meant they were bad because they try to force their belief system onto other people, but in terms of killing people I think the Crusades were pretty bad (Thou Shalt Not Kill (unless the pope says so)), and President 'God speaks to me' Bush and his father have helped kill over a million Iraqis in the last 11 years through 2 wars, depleted uranium poisoning and 10 years of sanctions...

I guess everyone can see where I stand on this topic :mad:

-TPO.

destiny

thepoliteone you are correct.

the Americans are doing the most evil thing on this earth. there days are out numbered.

where is the roman empire ?????
where is gangers khan's empire ????
what about Hitler
what about the British
what about the ussr ????

Name me one such an empire that survived today .

this people were masters in somebody's house. That is the most evil thing to man kind.

I know were the USA will be in 50 to 100 years time.

they will be joining the above list.

god bless the man kind.

Mmmmm.............an interesting thread.
People seem to like pigeon-holing others, placing them in little boxes labelled by nationality, religion or whatever. I suppose they do that because they are incapable of intellectually conceiving that everyone is an individual person and should be treated as an individual not as a representative of some group they don't like.
Outright evil must be condemned and fought, but to tarnish any person who hasn't done anything wrong because of the race, religion, nation etc that they are identified with is the source of most of the evil in this world. Yes, that's right, to hate and kill purely because you don't like their race, religion, nationality etc. is the actual source of evil. You yourself are adding to the agonies of the world by not being tolerant of the peaceful.
Condemning others who are not individually guilty of a crime is to perpetrate evil yourself.
How about the basic values of fighting only the guilty and tolerating and living with all who do not attack you.
It's called civilisation.
Richard

I am an Indian Hindu and some of you might find my views extreme.

Islam and Muslims are a problem in whichever country they live in. Especially if they are a minority. Muslims never integrate with any society that is not pre-dominantly Muslim. As a result of this, and the inherent problems of their religion they are always at the fringe of the society, resulting in further resentment in their youths. Unlike other races, Muslims are not used to questioning themselves and asking probing questions about their religion. As far as they are concerned they and their religion are always right, everybody else is wrong. It is always the fault of someone else.

Funnily, you will hear great noise from Muslims in this country about civil liberty etc. There is even a group called Islamic Human Rights something. I'd liked to have seen some of them preach Saddam or the Saudi regime on human rights, or the Pakistanis about civil liberties. The only decent government in the entire middle east is in Israel. And apparently that's not supposed to be a fault of Muslims. Every single Muslim country is a repressive police state of closed minded people. Yet somehow that's supposed to be a fault of the Americans. The shariah law is probably the greatest violation of human rights that ever existed on earth. Yet they are supposed to be a 'peace loving people'.

Britain is now paying for years of inactivity and stupidity. So far your policy towards Muslims has been 'Don't bomb London, and we will let you get away with murder abroad'. What you sow is what you reap.

I will shut up now. This is a trading focum and I shouldn't have commented on religion or politics in the first place, but certain things and comments make me mad.

If I shoot off my mouth again the moderators of this board probably will have no choice but to take away my membership. So that's it from me on this topic.

OpenMind said:
I am an Indian Hindu and some of you might find my views extreme.

Islam and Muslims are a problem in whichever country they live in. Especially if they are a minority. Muslims never integrate with any society that is not pre-dominantly Muslim. As a result of this, and the inherent problems of their religion they are always at the fringe of the society, resulting in further resentment in their youths. Unlike other races, Muslims are not used to questioning themselves and asking probing questions about their religion. As far as they are concerned they and their religion are always right, everybody else is wrong. It is always the fault of someone else.

Funnily, you will hear great noise from Muslims in this country about civil liberty etc. There is even a group called Islamic Human Rights something. I'd liked to have seen some of them preach Saddam or the Saudi regime on human rights, or the Pakistanis about civil liberties. The only decent government in the entire middle east is in Israel. And apparently that's not supposed to be a fault of Muslims. Every single Muslim country is a repressive police state of closed minded people. Yet somehow that's supposed to be a fault of the Americans. The shariah law is probably the greatest violation of human rights that ever existed on earth. Yet they are supposed to be a 'peace loving people'.

Britain is now paying for years of inactivity and stupidity. So far your policy towards Muslims has been 'Don't bomb London, and we will let you get away with murder abroad'. What you sow is what you reap.

I will shut up now. This is a trading focum and I shouldn't have commented on religion or politics in the first place, but certain things and comments make me mad.

If I shoot off my mouth again the moderators of this board probably will have no choice but to take away my membership. So that's it from me on this topic.
Having lived in one such Middle Eastern country I can relate to your opinion, I could not have worded a post any better, based on my observations.

Open Mind, After reading your thoughts above I could very easily consider becoming a Hindu.

Congratulations.

Eddy.

Open minds "views extreme" - contradiction in terms i think.
I didnt realise hindu's had extremist views....

Mr. Charts said:
Mmmmm.............an interesting thread.
People seem to like pigeon-holing others, placing them in little boxes labelled by nationality, religion or whatever. I suppose they do that because they are incapable of intellectually conceiving that everyone is an individual person and should be treated as an individual not as a representative of some group they don't like.
Outright evil must be condemned and fought, but to tarnish any person who hasn't done anything wrong because of the race, religion, nation etc that they are identified with is the source of most of the evil in this world. Yes, that's right, to hate and kill purely because you don't like their race, religion, nationality etc. is the actual source of evil. You yourself are adding to the agonies of the world by not being tolerant of the peaceful.
Condemning others who are not individually guilty of a crime is to perpetrate evil yourself.
How about the basic values of fighting only the guilty and tolerating and living with all who do not attack you.
It's called civilisation.
Richard

I agree with you entirely. There is good and bad in everyone and no religion, race or country has a past to be proud of. We have all done horrible things to each other in the past, it doesn't matter what the excuse was. I just hope we can one day move on from this behaviour but it will take a huge effort. Northern Ireland is an example of what can be done when people stop killing each other and try to seek a peaceful solution. I am all for crushing the terrorists and I don't think we are doing enough to stop them but if we all start fighting each other, the terrorists have won.

Today we have hundreds of people killed in terrible storms in India.
Today we have pictures in our papers of the bombs surrounded by nails which some individuals were going to plant to kill, maim and cause pain and agony to the people of this country - and planted by those who choose to live here amongst us, enjoy the freedoms we offer - and they treat us like this.
You give up your rights when you abuse them. Rights involve duties and responsibilities to the society in which you live. A magnificent example are the parents of one of the terrorists who called the police when they realised there son was involved. To those who don't like our society and values and try to change them violently, go live somewhere else.
The innocent die in India from natural causes, the innocent die here from evil actions.
It's about time we stopped appeasing the guilty and anybody who supports them.
There comes a time when you must fight evil by whatever means are necessary to achieve victory.
And to anyone here who supports or "understands" the terrorists, we will overcome you.
Democracy and freedom WILL prevail over religious bigotry and hate.
Richard

People seem to like pigeon-holing others, placing them in little boxes labelled by nationality, religion or whatever. I suppose they do that because they are incapable of intellectually conceiving that everyone is an individual person
I have not read much of this thread, so I am unaware exactly what comments your views are aimed at, but I will correct this view as it stands on its own.

An odd and short-sighted concept from someone who makes money from the very fact that human beings are not so individual.
On the whole man is not an individual, oh one man may demonstrate individual traits that distinguish him from another, just as one dog will differ from another, but like the dog and most other animals man is gregarious, he runs with the pack and is keen to adopt the ideals and beliefs of his chosen pack.
A little time living amongst other cultures might help your "intellectual conceiving."
The arrogance and naivety of the so called "civilised" world is the very thing that will bring about their destruction. Even animals of opposing breeds are clever enough, no matter how harmoniously they may live in a given environment to always be wary of one another.

rt,
My musings were not "aimed at" anyone.
What I want is tolerance and the recognition that the individual person you are about to slaughter or maim is a human being whose body you must not rip apart because of his race or religion. If you are in a war situation and it is a matter of kill or be killed, that is different. Deliberately and knowingly killing your innocent fellow countrymen is evil.
Every person IS an individual, although (s)he may well have taken on board the cultural and social environment in which (s)he lives. That does not detract from their aloneness as a sentient being in a society of others. And the most important right is that of living in peace from those who wish to harm you.
And no, the civilised world will NOT be destroyed.

Mr. Charts said:
rt,
My musings were not "aimed at" anyone.
What I want is tolerance and the recognition that the individual person you are about to slaughter or maim is a human being whose body you must not rip apart because of his race or religion. If you are in a war situation and it is a matter of kill or be killed, that is different. Deliberately and knowingly killing your innocent fellow countrymen is evil.
Every person IS an individual, although (s)he may well have taken on board the cultural and social environment in which (s)he lives. That does not detract from their aloneness as a sentient being in a society of others. And the most important right is that of living in peace from those who wish to harm you.
Richard, a commendable and honourable view, would that it were to be adopted by all.

And no, the civilised world will NOT be destroyed
I wish I were as confident as you of that sentiment. We are living in dark days, and I believe our very survival will depend on our ability to truly recognise the threats that await us, always assuming it is within our power to act appropriately.

usa

Iusa how are you going to stop imperial americans from the "doing" evils ???

thats were the problem is.

i am not a muslim but a hindu.

IRA :devilish: hang up their guns hoping the suicide bombers :devilish: make them look like nice guys. :eek:

oatman...

the anglo-irish peace initiative has been in motion for a number of years, so it is not unreasonable to assume that the IRA decision is completely unrelated to recent attacks on London

Compared to deranged Muslim suicide bombers, the IRA were misguided, but certainly not deranged