Terrorist Attacks in London?

sulong said:
"challenged police officers", by running away?

I generally agree with your point, but in this case, running away was a serious challenge, added to the fact that he ran onto a train, the exact place a terrorist would be likely to detonate their explosives given the current campaign in London.

danfreek said:
I generally agree with your point, but in this case, running away was a serious challenge, added to the fact that he ran onto a train, the exact place a terrorist would be likely to detonate their explosives given the current campaign in London.

If a person was being stalked by potential armed muggers, would he not seek the protection of a "crowd" of people?

All I'm trying to say is that words are often manipulated to deceive. Too much trust in our governments is not a good thing.

sulong said:
Too much trust in our governments is not a good thing.

Could not agree more,

In this particular case though, I do not believe that the policeman who pulled the trigger did anything wrong. I was not there though and so I am reliant on the press and government for information, as is everyone else.

If a person was being stalked by potential armed muggers, would he not seek the protection of a "crowd" of people?

If i was in South America and i saw 3 hairy monsters chasing me with guns around their arms i would probably loose it. However if i was in London my own capital city it would be a different matter entirely.
The killing of a single person has caused more debate, trust us Brits to screw things up.....
I am sure this will be a great welcome for all those foreign Olympiads!

The questions really are:

Why did the p[olice allow the guy to get on a bus if they thought he was a suicide bomber, Why didn't they just surround him and arrest him coming out of his flat. They then allowed him to go to the tube!! Something doesn't add up somewhere.

Let me throw in my 2 penny's worth and also let me state that I have lived in Rio and know first hand what it is like!
OK, this guy apparently leapt over the ticket barriers after the initial challenge and then ran down stairs with further challenges. What surprises me is that the police did not shoot to maim as that would have given them a useful interrogation possibility.
Still, this guy had a certain command of the UK language and must have know of the tense security situation. In his home country he would have stopped with hands held high at the first armed police challenge otherwise he would certainly have been shot, probably with similar consequences. Yes it happens daily in Rio!

What, to me, is the most surprising is the reaction of the media machine from the politicians and police.
They should have not admitted a ****-up! Ne way. They were within their rights to protect us from a very suspicious person entering a tube train and possibly causing further mayhem. At best this person was stupid, very stupid and sadly it cost his life. Innocent of being a bomber, yes, apparently. Innocent of causing his own death, sorry, no.

Another point, I suggest that you all try and read the foreign press and other international news channels (preferable not CNN). OK, you need a command of your chosen language but if you can you will see what a mess the UK news channels are. Blatantly politically correct and Blair puppets!

May I pose the question:
What is wrong in presenting facts, many poor Londoners were severely affected (or dead) by the events of 7 / 7 and they have an absolute right to see the results of what these people caused. Limbs separated from torso's is not a pleasant sight but it is what happened. That will cause anger and rightly so. Then the people will demand action. Action to remove anyone who comes to UK and incites (directly or indirectly) anti European behaviour.
In Madrid people went out onto the streets in thousands to demand action and fast action.
In London we are told to go about our business as though nothing has happened. Wow, that is unbelievable, something DID happen and we have a right to have action, swift and effective not consoling weasel words.

We seem to forget that the politicians and police are paid for to do a job on our behalf. We pay for a service not to be placated!

The reason they didn't shoot to incapacitate is from Israeli experience that devices can sometimes be used that will detonate the bomb if a bullet hits it, or it could detonate it anyway, so head shots are the only option. Anyone who has actually fired a weapon will also know that it would be virtually impossible to shoot the man in the legs as he was running without the possibility of hitting someone else. So that combined with his actions shows that there was only one reasonable course of action for the police.

Bombers on benefits!!!
Tony Blair and Bush are spending millions of $$$ trying to find info who's financing the bombers!!
They dont need to look far for the culprits! Its US !! YOU and ME the tax payers and all the members and lurkers on T2W TOO! We all should be STRUNG UP!!!

One bomber spunged 23K sterling pounds on benefits !! Amazing!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bull

bulldozer said:
Bombers on benefits!!!
Tony Blair and Bush are spending millions of $$$ trying to find info who's financing the bombers!!
They dont need to look far for the culprits! Its US !! YOU and ME the tax payers and all the members and lurkers on T2W TOO! We all should be STRUNG UP!!!

One bomber spunged 23K sterling pounds on benefits !! Amazing!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bull

Now you've started something. These people hate everything about us our way of life, our culture, our religion (if you have one), us! and theres a shed load of em in the uk. All on benefits! Ask any young muslim in Bradford what his views are!

Millsy

There are also a shed load of Muslims working hard in the NHS and paying large amounts of tax. I suppose we should ignore the benefits they provide to our society?

Bigbusiness said:
There are also a shed load of Muslims working hard in the NHS and paying large amounts of tax. I suppose we should ignore the benefits they provide to our society?

Not at all bigbusiness i'm just not seeing any benefits at the moment

millsy

Muslims

millsy500 said:
Not at all bigbusiness i'm just not seeing any benefits at the moment

millsy

bigbusiness,
can you re phase it please, there are allot of Indians working hard in the NHS.
There is perhaps 1 in 1000 Muslim (Pakistani and Moroccans) who is hard working & westernise at heart.
Majority of them are very much focused on the Islam religion, it is unbelievable.

:rolleyes:

ramjam said:
bigbusiness,
There is perhaps 1 in 1000 Muslim (Pakistani and Moroccans) who is hard working & westernise at heart.
Majority of them are very much focused on the Islam religion, it is unbelievable.

I can only go by my experience and I have worked with Muslims from many nationalities, even a Welsh man who converted and have had no problems. There were also a lot of UK workers going to Saudi to make more money, so it isn't all about them sponging off us.

Bigbusiness said:
=================================================================
Yes they pay tax's and provide a service and some of that good tax money is given to the bombers on benefits hand out! who probably are here ilegal or on a visa or perhaps we [the brits] gave them polical assylum to help them out in the first place and they repay the tax payer by bowing them up. :rolleyes:
The whole system in the UK has gone barmy. :rolleyes:

bulldozer said:
=================================================================
Yes!, and some of that good tax money is given to the bombers on benefits hand out! who probably are here ilegal or on a visa or perhaps we [the brits] gave them polical assylum to help them out in the first place and they repay the tax payer by bowing them up. :rolleyes:
The whole system in the UK has gone barmy. :rolleyes:

Yes, we used to let the Irish live here on benefits and blow us up. How times have changed :)

Bigbusiness said:
Yes, we used to let the Irish live here on benefits and blow us up. How times have changed :)

Theyre all devils. :devilish: But the diffrce with the present bombers: is they believe they are do it for ALLAH and ISLAM and also to go to paradise and collect several virgins :rolleyes:

Just wondering what do the young virgin [women] suicide bombers get in paradise? several..?

ramjam said:
bigbusiness,

I would ask that not all Muslims are tarred with The Sun's 'kill 'em all' brush - all my uni mates are muslims and they're as disgusted at the attacks as I am. Of course there are the twatty guys who twist Islam but they are definitely the minority in my experience, and no worse than some bible-bashing idiot knocking on the door IMO.

-TPO.

Of course there are the twatty guys who twist Islam but they are definitely the minority in my experience, and no worse than some bible-bashing idiot knocking on the door IMO.

-TPO.[/QUOTE]

How many people did the bible bashers that knock on doors kill ?? Just finkin out load :rolleyes:

millsy500 said:
Now you've started something. These people hate everything about us our way of life, our culture, our religion (if you have one), us! and theres a shed load of em in the uk. All on benefits! Ask any young muslim in Bradford what his views are!

Millsy

don't think so... I think things have started to go bad after the invasion in Iraq...

if you think about it... there was no issue in UK when Kashmir was burning.. or Kosovo... or Afghanistan... or Palestine etc... only when Iraq happened, things have deteriorated...

too much of a coincidence?