Terrorist Attacks in London?

I think we should have a campaign to save the "Blackboard".

It is obviously nearing extinction and should be preserved for posterity.

Salty Gibbon said:
I think we should have a campaign to save the "Blackboard".

It is obviously nearing extinction and should be preserved for posterity.
=========================================================
I fink its too late for a campaign to save the blackboard!? Most schools now use "White boards" with dark blue/red felt pens not black pens :cheesy:
I'm white, so can i object for the boards to be called "Whiteboard" cause i fink thats racist :rolleyes: :LOL:If not why NOT??
They should call it WRITINGBOARD and NOT WHITEBOARD!! :cheesy: WE CANT HAVE RACISM AGAINST THE WHITES. So "whiteboard" is out !. :cheesy: :LOL: :cool:

Last edited:
Salty quote below:
"I am firmly of the opinion that this country and its people ( of which I am one ) is full of itself and is not at all great."

=================================================================

Salty,
I admire ur honesty! :LOL: that your also full of it. :LOL: :cool: Full of what? Be truthfull now! no smartness plz?!?!

Bull

Bull, do you read the Daily Mail by any chance :)

bulldozer said:
==========================================================
.......and what about all those people [foriegners] that come over for medical needs at the expence of the BRITS who paid into the system!

They will probably be treated by one of the many "foreigners" that have kept our NHS system going and pay more tax than those that abuse the system can claim. If you don't believe that, go around the hospitals in this country and see for yourself. There are a few million British born people who seem to spend their lives on benefits without making a contribution. Unemployment has gone down but sickness benefits have gone up. Our benefits system is too soft but that applies to everyone, not just foreigners.

I am more concerned that tax money is being spent going to war on false information and letting Bin Laden and his friends escape to Pakistan. How much is that going to cost us?

I had this thought that perhaps "extreme" opportunists will recognise these terror event situations could be very useful for manipulating (short term and possibly longer term) the markets. I mean plan terror to cause destabling of the markets for financial gain, could they make a few million or would the intelligence agencies be able to track global order flow too easily . Can it be done ? is it being done ? and is the religion angle just a smoke screen for the conditioned to buy into while the manipulators check to see the sell orders are in the market ?

jd

JSD,
You make a good point there friend!!
I have often wondered the same thing. On terror attacks days the options and futures mrkt go down like crazy! As an Option player myself i did make a profit on 7/7 maily because of the bombings. I was long near dated PUT's on footsie .

I think some of these young bombers may know what happens to the mrkts on terror attacks but i think the BIG brains [clerics] would have benefited the most! as they know the exact day and timing. Brokers need to keep an eye open on large positions that are done with many gaps in between months, inother words not a regular player but a player who wins BIG on bomb days only. :rolleyes:

BB,
If you were a foriegner in a eastern european country or in the USA? WOULD THEY GIVE YOU THE SAME BENEFITS medical and all the other handouts! as here?
ONLY IN GRT BRITAIN the government are very keen in giving yur hard earned tax payments away freely to whoever wants to claim!! NO WHERE ELSE ON THIS PLANET GIVE AWAY THESE FREEBIES. GO TO ST MARY'S HOSPITAL IN PADDINGTON AND YOU WOULD THINK YOU WERE IN THE MIDDLE EAST/ EASTERN EUROPE COUNTRY WITH ALL THE PEOPLE/patients/visitors THERE.
i HOPE YUR NOT IN BIG BUSINESS? otherwise with your mentality the workers will/would bleed you dry? Yur thinking is NOT like a good business man! sorry to say.
I just speak the facts as i see them or read them. I hope you put better mentality in yur tradings?! :LOL:

Bull
Without losers, :LOL: we would NOT have winners in the trading mrkts. :rolleyes: :LOL: :cheesy:

Last edited:
bulldozer said:
BB,
If you were a foriegner in a eastern european country or in the USA? WOULD THEY GIVE YOU THE SAME BENEFITS medical and all the other handouts! as here?
ONLY IN GRT BRITAIN the government are very keen in giving yur hard earned tax payments away freely to whoever wants to claim!! NO WHERE ELSE ON THIS PLANET GIVE AWAY THESE FREEBIES. GO TO ST MARY'S HOSPITAL IN PADDINGTON AND YOU WOULD THINK YOU WERE IN THE MIDDLE EAST/ EASTERN EUROPE COUNTRY WITH ALL THE PEOPLE/patients/visitors THERE.

considering that asians make up something like over 10% of doctors in th NHS, ( a totally disproportionate percentage, considering ethnic minorities make up about 5% of the UK population ), and that british-born and trained nurses are leaving the NHS in their droves, such that we are having to fly in trained nurses from the Far East, chances are the "foreigners" you see are probably the doctors and nurses who are holding up the NHS !

this trend will increase, as Blairs much-trumpeted "X,000 MORE doctors by year 20XX" cannot be achieved by the potential graduate pool of the indigineous population.
the increase of doctors and nurses to meet the targets will have to be brought in from abroad.
( thats because the indigineous population prefer simpler courses like "spend 3 years watching Eastenders"., study "Aromatherapy", or "Advertising", instead of hard, strategic subjects like Science, Engineering, Medicine, and anything remotely practical. )

why doesnt the government pay nurses a decent, living wage ?
why do we, as tax-payers, allow students to study poxy "eastenders", and "sociology", when they should study engineering, and sciences ?

I think the government can't afford to pay doctors and nurses a decent wage because they are spending far too much on bureaucrats. In the 10 years I worked in the NHS, the number of bureaucrats escalated dramatically. Wards were closed to house them all, then they had to invent more jobs, like bed managers, to find room for the patients.

It is bad enough in big hospitals but I remember when the local small hospital where I used to live only had one administrator to do all the paper work. 20 years later, they closed a ward to house all the administrators. That is a tiny hospital and now seems to have as many admin workers as medical staff. This has gone on under both conservative and labour governments. No wonder we have to rely on immigrants to run the NHS when we are paying administrators more than the medical staff.

Bigbusiness said:
Bull,

Don't know why I bother. You seem like someone with a closed mind and a loud mouth. Not the best combination. The Daily Mail might not agree but most most of the studies have shown that migrants make a net positive contribution to the UK economy. Here is one, if you can be bothered reading it.

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs/occ77migrant.pdf
================================================================i
If what u say is CORRECT on benefits issues?! Then why dont the other countries adopt the same policies as UK and why do people foriegners prefer to comre to the UK for medical treatment as oppose to going elsewhere?????????????
I have been called a BIG mouth on many issues by others too! but as long as I'm in the SMALL minority of winners in the trading mrkts and NOT in the LARGE majority of losers. I dont care what people say about me! it just confirms that I'm dffrt to the majority and I'm more than happy to stay there! the longer the better.

Bull
The majority are WRONG the majority of TIMES!! :cheesy: thats why the winners are always found in the MINORITY and this will NEVER change! :cheesy: When the winners are found to be in the MAJORITY the mrkts WILL COLLAPSE!!!!!!

Bull, why do you feel the need to relate every conversation on any topic back to the markets and your ability as a trader ?

Your need to express to others that you are a great options trader suggests a touch of insecurity in your emotional make-up.

Maybe you should re-evaluate your suitability to be a trader. :cheesy: :LOL: ;)

Bigbusiness said:
Bull,

Don't know why I bother. You seem like someone with a closed mind and a loud mouth. Not the best combination. The Daily Mail might not agree but most most of the studies have shown that migrants make a net positive contribution to the UK economy. Here is one, if you can be bothered reading it.

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs/occ77migrant.pdf[/QUOTE

==============================================================
Read my posts AGAIN?!!? You will see i made no comments on legal migrants that contribute to the system! I have NO trouble with that! :!:

What I'm saying is that the foriegners that come here and get preferential treatment to the BRITS on housing etc and HAVE NOT CONTRIBUTED TO the SYSTEM !! and the VISITORS [foriegners] that come and benefit from our national health system and PI SS off back to their COUNTRY WITHOUT PAYING a BRASS FARTHING!!! If this is a good system? howcome other countries dont apply/ ADOPT the same system??????
I'm am NOT reffering to the MIGRANTS that live here legally and PAY TO the SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!
DO YOU GET THE PICTURE? DO YOU STILL THINK i'M A big mouth OR A man WITH wisdom??? IN THE RIGHT PLACE????? :LOL: :cool:

Salty Gibbon said:
Bull, why do you feel the need to relate every conversation on any topic back to the markets and your ability as a trader ?

Your need to express to others that you are a great options trader suggests a touch of insecurity in your emotional make-up.

Maybe you should re-evaluate your suitability to be a trader. :cheesy: :LOL: ;)
====================================================================

i'M TRYING TO POINT OUT 2/3 THINGS HERE!

There are fools, there are those who are wise in ALL things [judgments etc etc] and there are those who think are smart/ brainy but are in fact more stupid than fools!

Perhaps i keep refering to trading as its a habit i cant control and happen to be a trader by profession and if i was a doctor of medicine i would probably use words of this profession to get my views accross! Its just a fact of life!
If i sat with u in a restaurent for a meal and had a chat on general things, i could/would be able to tell what profession yur in without you telling me! :rolleyes: :cheesy:

And all sucessfull traders/business person have to have brains to be sucessfull :cheesy: :LOL:

Fools dont achieve anything in life.

Bull

Last edited:
bulldozer said:
================================================================i
If what u say is CORRECT on benefits issues?! Then why dont the other countries adopt the same policies as UK and why do people foriegners prefer to comre to the UK for medical treatment as oppose to going elsewhere?????????????
I have been called a BIG mouth on many issues by others too! but as long as I'm in the SMALL minority of winners in the trading mrkts and NOT in the LARGE majority of losers. I dont care what people say about me! it just confirms that I'm dffrt to the majority and I'm more than happy to stay there! the longer the better.

Bull
The majority are WRONG the majority of TIMES!! :cheesy: thats why the winners are always found in the MINORITY and this will NEVER change! :cheesy: When the winners are found to be in the MAJORITY the mrkts WILL COLLAPSE!!!!!!

I have friends from Ireland, one of the largest immigrant populations in this country. They think our NHS is a lot better than the system in Ireland. Sure, there will be people who abuse it but I still think the main problem is that we have too many pen pushers and not enough people who have direct contact with the patients.

Hate to shatter the illusion but I think your view is in the majority. People seem more concerned about a few people abusing the system than with what is actually going wrong. I am more concerned about surgeons being asked to perform minor operations instead of treating cancer patients because it make the figures look better. That is a case of bureaucracy gone mad.

BB, ur quote:
"Hate to shatter the illusion but I think your view is in the majority. People seem more concerned about a few people abusing the system than with what is actually going wrong. I am more concerned about surgeons being asked to perform minor operations instead of treating cancer patients because it make the figures look better. That is a case of bureaucracy gone mad."
======================================================

Why dont MOST of you reply to my questions? or are my questions to difficult to understand? and too dificult to reply? :(

BB,
You call me a big mouth and closed mind [ bad combination] And now you give the impression that you agree with my points and now u say I'm in the majority?
One of us is confused here friend!?

Like i said previously yur not the only one who dissagree with my view points. :LOL: :cheesy:
Ive had several warnings [to ban me] from Admin and they have deleted some of my post in the past. i guess they, also perhaps like you think I'm a BIG mouth with stuborn mind and offensive with my views and accusations of other members.
So it would not surprise me if i got banned when they read my last few posts. [ i think i'm on my last warnings from admin ]

Bull
==========================================================

Admin warning below:

Hello Bulldozer.

I am becoming increasingly concerned over some of your posts. I have just deleted two and edited on the "London Attacks" thread because they are nothing but inflammatory and rude towards another member.

This is not the first time I've PM'd you about this sort of thing. I would like it to stop and preferably sooner rather than later.

As such, I'm afraid that this is your last warning over it. If it happens again, then I will have no option but to suspend your account for a 7-day period initially, followed by a permanent ban if the behaviour carries on after your return.

Kind regards,

Last edited:
Bull and Salty have one or two issues - they both think they are traders but in realitly are full time bulletin board readers and writers.

If one can combine making money via trading with reading and posting on bulletin boards, what is the problem Marv ?

What exactly are those issues you speak of ?

It sounds very much to me as though you have issues my friend, though they are probably only the latest issues of Beano etc.

ramjam said:
bigbusiness,
can you re phase it please, there are allot of Indians working hard in the NHS.
There is perhaps 1 in 1000 Muslim (Pakistani and Moroccans) who is hard working & westernise at heart.
Majority of them are very much focused on the Islam religion, it is unbelievable.

:rolleyes:

Interesting posts here!
I think Ramjam is right
that majority of mulsims are focussed on ISLAM, to them their religion comes first and than the country they live in
Thats why you have problems everywhere where Muslims live
They need to change their way of life! why is it that Bangladeshis and Pakistanis have problems in Britain, and the Jews and Indian or sri lankans are prosperous?

eddyjo said:
All this discussion of islam is really doing my head in, television, radio, newspapers now even T2W,

When i left the M.E. for good i thought thats enough of that, its seems to permeate every aspect of

our lives i swear dreaming will come next. Oh for the halycon days when our problems revolved

around mundane things like the weather, the price of a pint and the drug problem, I wonder if this

obsession is only confined to the U.K.

guess u aint seen nothing yet!