S&P500 - Weekly Forecasting Competition for 2023

I’ll upgrade the session management so you don’t have to re-login each time I restart the server. Also going to add the weekly S&P closing prices and the player scores for each quarter. Finally will send out email at end of each week to players with the rankings for that week and as reminder to get your entries in for next week!

I’ll upgrade the session management so you don’t have to re-login each time I restart the server. Also going to add the weekly S&P closing prices and the player scores for each quarter. Finally will send out email at end of each week to players with the rankings for that week and as reminder to get your entries in for next week!
All done except for the quarterly tally of scores, that's coming tomorrow! 😴

Scoring now added too, and the results table ordered by score. I've changed it so that you need to get your entries in before the end of Sunday night, before the futures market opens to make it a little bit fairer. If anyone wants to add a late entry this week, (@Oscar Reed) then post it here and I'll manually add it this week :p

Also if you have any suggestions for improvements to the contest, post them here too!

https://contest.trade2win.com (note you can now also access this link from the Tools > S&P 500 Contest link in the header.)

my last weeks guess has disappeared from the contest.trade2win link? Was there yesterday. Think it gave me a bronze?

Anyway, in case it's buggy, i'll call my next guess here: 4479 pls

No idea where it'll come to rest but have entered 4512. Tidy app for it now too I see - nice one. :)

PS Sharky did you have a chance to look at my unexpected PM (conversation)? Sorry to be a nuisance. Cheers!

my last weeks guess has disappeared from the contest.trade2win link? Was there yesterday. Think it gave me a bronze?

Anyway, in case it's buggy, i'll call my next guess here: 4479 pls
I don't think so as I see 4450 for last week for you, but the page is not updated when you login.
I clicked "previous quearter" and there "next quarter" and I'm nearly sure I see the current data for Q3.

@frugi is currently the only one with a forecast for next week there.

Maybe you should just try it again. :)

Last edited:
Fixed now, it was just a display issue on the homepage. The 'Previous Results' section actually had all the values showing correctly. There's still a bug with the 'Previous weekly S&P 500 close price' but will fix that in the week. Important thing is the results were correctly processed and the predictions for next week are logged. @Oscar Reed @counter_violent just waiting on yours! Add them here if it goes into tomorrow and I'll add them manually.

1692002303262.png