S&P500 - Weekly Forecasting Competition for 2022

Arggh!

Bank Holiday laissez-faire has emptied my head. Quick before it turns 3pm maybe I can sneak in under the radar

4100 thanks

Hello to you all you fab forecasters... What a turn this week 35 has taken with a sweltering 581 point variance in forecasts. Really??? That's up from 130 last week. Moreover, the field is still all so bullish, 6 bulls, v 2 bears. One is the trend following metric and the other is lil ol me who is down in the dumps. Amazing stuff.

Just look at these forecasts. Shocking. 1nvest is more bullish than I am bearish. Market has sure got some steam still left in the system. If I get another -1 point I might deck myself. Oh dear me :(

1661886878771.png

Wishing you all good fortune and happy week. :)

Hello to you all you fab forecasters... What a turn this week 35 has taken with a sweltering 581 point variance in forecasts. Really??? That's up from 130 last week. Moreover, the field is still all so bullish, 6 bulls, v 2 bears. One is the trend following metric and the other is lil ol me who is down in the dumps. Amazing stuff.

Just look at these forecasts. Shocking. 1nvest is more bullish than I am bearish. Market has sure got some steam still left in the system. If I get another -1 point I might deck myself. Oh dear me :(

View attachment 321201

Wishing you all good fortune and happy week. :)
I might have put a 3 instead of a zero..that'll teach me

Hey guys,

There are 4 weeks of forecast left to the end of Quarter-3. I'll continue running the competition until then. Sadly, I will not be able to do Quarter-4.

Anyone who is familiar with Excel spreadsheet can take over running it.

It is pretty rudimentary and the formulas are not too heavy. Make it your own as they say and change any elements you choose. Happy to copy the spreadsheet up to T2W.

Have a think about it and let me know if you would like to volunteer to help run an enjoyable little forecasting competition.

All the best :)

Hey guys,

There are 4 weeks of forecast left to the end of Quarter-3. I'll continue running the competition until then. Sadly, I will not be able to do Quarter-4.

Anyone who is familiar with Excel spreadsheet can take over running it.

It is pretty rudimentary and the formulas are not too heavy. Make it your own as they say and change any elements you choose. Happy to copy the spreadsheet up to T2W.

Have a think about it and let me know if you would like to volunteer to help run an enjoyable little forecasting competition.

All the best :)Sorry to hear of that Atilla.

I think you've shown immense and commendable self-discipline to manage this thing for as long as you have, so thank you for your efforts.

I struggle just to complete a weekly entry, let alone what you contribute
- having to compile the results etc., week-in week-out.

Whatever demands have been placed upon you, I feel sure that admirable self-discipline will reveal the perseverance you possess to overcome all obstacles in your path. 👏 👍🖐

Thanks Velo for your inspirational words of support.

There are no demands or obstacles, but more a desire to head off elsewhere to new horizons and adventures. :)

4014 for me this week.

Tell us more.
I'm sure he will, but when he says:
"... but more a desire to head off elsewhere to new horizons and adventures"

I think it implies he's joined some sort of joint-international travel/expeditionary organisation and what he really meant to say was:

"To explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilisations, and to boldly go where no man has gone before".

Not sure I can make it back to a screen by 2:30pm so I'll go with 3960 for now.

And Atilla, if you dont get any joy, i'll try and take it on. at least to see off the last quarter
I'm finding my time also possibly heading in different directions, my methods are mostly alien to the vast majority here

Here goes week 36 in 2022. We have 5 bulls and 3 bears. Cat's Paw true to form is twice as bullish as the trend following system is bearish.

Weighted metrics are both bulls but market sentiment is on a downer. Most peeps have been focusing on consumer impact of high energy and fuel bills. Now small businesses are wondering what they'll do? oooohhhh?

Wishing you all good prosperous trading...

1662385887790.png

:)

And Atilla, if you dont get any joy, i'll try and take it on. at least to see off the last quarter
I'm finding my time also possibly heading in different directions, my methods are mostly alien to the vast majority here

That's excellent news, thank you 1nvest.

I'll wrap up the quarter end and send you the complete XLS with the 4 quarter primed ready to go. (y)

Thanks for taking it on.

Tell us more about your alien methods. :)