S&P500 - Weekly Forecasting Competition for 2021

No internet all weekend after the storms.

Bit late but here goes.
4585.4 ta

Oh dear, hope you are keeping warm and well fed old bean.
Nothing worse than being cold and low on food.

Hope it hasn't influenced your bearish forecast.
Just think of Brexit and carry on. :giggle:

Hi Everyone,

Here are the forecasts for Week 49. We have 4 bulls and 2 bears.

1638376747278.png

Personally, I feel the Omicron Covid variation is going to be much ado about not much again. I really feel our leaders are making a pigs dinner of it all. The lockdown medicines really are much worse than the desease imo. Merely shifting the pain to other areas. Away from the elderly to the young and middle aged populations. Cancers and postponed surgeries are through the roof with a backlog of appointments NHS can't keep up.

That's my rant over. Wishing you all a good week of trading. 2022 almost here. Yay.

:)

Amazing - the Black Box Trend Following System version 2 takes 6th gold medal this week and the joint first position with 1nvest, on the Quarter 4 forecasts league table. CV takes the silver.

The rest of us having trouble believing the market can run out of steam... perhaps?

1638745978112.png

Quarter 4 - Forecast Leader Board

1638746083483.png

Hello you die-hard forecasters. Just 4 of us left. LOL. + 3 androids.

We have 6 bulls and 1 bear this week. Can't believe I'm the most bullish. It's all going to end in tears. :)

Wishing you all good trading.

1638800286166.png

Yay - unbelievable. I get gold this week. Even though I was most bullish I'm off the close by -77 points. What an amazing market. Walking on air.

CV takes the silver and Oscar Reed the bronze. Well done guys.

Just three weeks left for end of the year. Whoooooo....

1639186234795.png

4608 If you accept?

Had a medical emergency. Honest. Been dying in King George Hospital A&E.

Just got out :)

Hi Guys,

Here are the forecasts for the penultimate week of 2021

Wishing you all good luck and festive cheers.

1639608025519.png

Hi Guys,

Please let me know if you object to my 1:15 late forecast at the start of this week. Rules are rules and I will not be upset at losing the gold medal and 4 points this week.

Otherwise, it'll be a strange week as nobody but me forecast fall this week.

Here are the results in anticipation of your generosity. :)

1639783799420.png

It's affected the scores significantly and suddenly I'm in with a chance of winning the last quarter.

ATB :)

Hi Guys,

Please let me know if you object to my 1:15 late forecast at the start of this week. Rules are rules and I will not be upset at losing the gold medal and 4 points this week.

Otherwise, it'll be a strange week as nobody but me forecast fall this week.

Here are the results in anticipation of your generosity. :)

View attachment 310528

It's affected the scores significantly and suddenly I'm in with a chance of winning the last quarter.

ATB :)
no objections from me, mate. you cant judge the close of the week based on the first few hours of the open. Im not liking the competition though!