S&P500 - Weekly Forecasting Competition for 2021

Hey Guys,

I have some good news! Sharky has agreed to put forward $250 as prize money for the competition. Thank you very much T2W. (y) :) (y)

Thinking we'll brake it up into $50 per quarter + $50 for the overall winner for the annual total points received. There will be no prize for 2nd or 3rd places. Hope that goes down well with you forecasters.

These are usually given as Amazon vouchers.

Thinking about current prize money, that means Barjon (Quarter 1) and LexCorp (Quarter 2) winners each get $50.

Thus:

Quarter 3 winner will get $50
Quarter 4 winner gets the other $50
Overall points winner gets the last chunk of $50

That's it. Happy days. Keep those forecasts coming. 👍👏👏:giggle:

Hey Guys,

I have some good news! Sharky has agreed to put forward $250 as prize money for the competition. Thank you very much T2W. (y) :) (y)

Thinking we'll brake it up into $50 per quarter + $50 for the overall winner for the annual total points received. There will be no prize for 2nd or 3rd places. Hope that goes down well with you forecasters.

These are usually given as Amazon vouchers.

Thinking about current prize money, that means Barjon (Quarter 1) and LexCorp (Quarter 2) winners each get $50.

Thus:

Quarter 3 winner will get $50
Quarter 4 winner gets the other $50
Overall points winner gets the last chunk of $50

That's it. Happy days. Keep those forecasts coming. 👍👏👏:giggle:
Almost 2 months since last visit.

💰

Re-allocate unclaimed prizes to FTSE100 comp entries.

😁

I have already given the names to Sharky to distribute $50 Amazon gift vouchers to Barjon and LexCorp. If there is no reply we can add it to the end of year over-all winner, I think that'll be best. Rewarding consistency. That's what makes a real trader imo.

I have already given the names to Sharky to distribute $50 Amazon gift vouchers to Barjon and LexCorp. If there is no reply we can add it to the end of year over-all winner, I think that'll be best. Rewarding consistency. That's what makes a real trader imo.
Agreed.

I shall consistently continue to support the FTSE100 competition.

😁

Hello Everyone,

And a special welcome to our new forecaster Mech.Trader (y) :)👍 Always good to see new competitors to our league table of forecasters for the SPX500 competition.

As it happens Weighted Average metric takes gold medal this week showing what a good solid bunch of forecasters we have.

Mech.Trader takes the 2nd silver spot and gains 3 valuable points. 👏👏 :giggle:👍

1nvest true to form takes the bronze medal. 👍

Once again apologies for lack of podium picture but I'll get back to routine soon as I can conjure up some time or learn to manage my time better. LOL.

1626008951302.png

As it stands the Black Box Trend Following System is leading the pack in 3rd Quarter. That's pretty cool imo. It also just missed getting bronze medal by 0.1 point difference, to 1nvest. I'm wondering if he is trying to figure out the contents of the box. :)

1626009334093.png

Keep them forecasts coming and let's hope Postie is able to deliver...

1626009519148.png

👍👍👍 Comon England 👍👍👍

It must have been the beginner's luck :) ... here is another attempt at fame

SP500 close on Friday : 4,396

Best of luck to all.

Bit lost up here lol. Strong upside bias as always (Fed!) but we know to expect a monster down day or 2 every now and again! Is it due soon? Also earnings this week?

Hmm.... 4381 pls

ps -when can expect my billions in amazon vouchers? :)

Bit lost up here lol. Strong upside bias as always (Fed!) but we know to expect a monster down day or 2 every now and again! Is it due soon? Also earnings this week?

Hmm.... 4381 pls

ps -when can expect my billions in amazon vouchers? :)

Hi LexCorp,

I did pass Barjon and your name to Sharky last week for $50 Amazon vouchers and I'll send another reminder this week.

I'm sure you will get them just a question of when... :)

Hello all you fab Forecasters...

Here goes Week 29, we have 5 bulls and 4 bears this week with a forecast range of 62 ticks. That means the highs are pretty near and there is good consensus on where the market is. Unbelievable stuff. I guess we should all be partying about end of lockdown restrictions, but fear surrounds the markets with inflation and a re-emergence of Covid infections. Who knows...

Mech.Trader is the most bullish and CV the baddest bear - no change there :)

1626260715296.png

Wishing you all a good week and prosperous trading...

Enjoy the sunshine :)

Last edited:
Attention Attila:

Plse would you PM me. I am unable to message you and have something that may be to your advantage :)

Attention Attila:

Plse would you PM me. I am unable to message you and have something that may be to your advantage :)

Other peeps can PM me so not sure what the issue is. However, I prefer not to.

Whatever it is, if it is not available to the mass public then I am not interested. Don't like exclusivity much.