S&P500 - Weekly Forecasting Competition for 2021

Well done to lone bear CV who is the sole winner this week, forecasting a fall and takes gold medal and 4 valuable points. (y) (y)

Everyone else following a ballistic up trend loses a point. Indeed it is a sad week when the SPX500 takes a dip.

CV
1624106948775.png

I'm quite chuffed with the podium picture this week. Who can guess why? :love:

1624106976764.png

Well done to lone bear CV who is the sole winner this week, forecasting a fall and takes gold medal and 4 valuable points. (y) (y)

Everyone else following a ballistic up trend loses a point. Indeed it is a sad week when the SPX500 takes a dip.

CV
View attachment 301900
I'm quite chuffed with the podium picture this week. Who can guess why? :love:

View attachment 301901

Is it from your upskirt collection?

Do it now as i'll surely forget otherwise:

PS - Is there a huge competition prize this quarter??! :)

Do it now as i'll surely forget otherwise:

PS - Is there a huge competition prize this quarter??! :)

Sadly not I'm afraid Lexcorp.

We now play for the fun and humiliation of it all. (y) :giggle: (y) 👏👏

Well done guys for staying the course. Final week 26th of forecasting for end of Quarter 2.

1624288029861.png

LexCorp has an unassailable lead with 21 points and he is hoping to extend that lead.

Wishing you all a prosperous week of trading and dry days... (y)

Someone's in for a trip to the woodshed at this rate, to 'improve' his memory.

o_O
Must have been the sharp drop in commodities at the end of last week.

I ended up having to deposit more money into 1 of my leveraged accounts as it was uncomfortably margin consuming lol

Well done to 1nvest who takes gold this week. 👏👏👏

Oscar Reed takes the silver and Weighted Average the Bronze Bucket. (y)(y)

1624713327076.png

Week 26 - Results
1624712441279.png

Wait for the End of Quarter 2 - Drum roll...

🏆 LexCorp 🏆
Is the winner of the S&P500 - Weekly Forecasting Competition for Quarter 2 in 2021.

He topped the league table with 4 gold and 2 silver medals taking 20 points, whilst skipping out on three calls. Super consistency and clearly well above the average score of 7.6 for the competition. Well done 👏 👏 👏 👏 :) 🥳🥳🥳🎉🎉🎉🎉🥳👏👏👏👏

1624799989050.png

On a similar note 1nvest and Oscar Reed have taken the same top two league table positions as last Quarter. 1nvest takes second spot with 14 points and just behined Oscar Reed with 13. Well done to you two. It's not easy keeping up at the top. 👏👏👍👍

1624796681368.png

Quarter 3 starts this week. We are almost half way through 21. Doesn't time travel fast??? Keep those forecasts flying in.

:)

Here is the view of the overall leader board for the running total, for the two quarters.

1624800453449.png

The three names are also tops here too however, 1nvest is in the lead with just two points on LexCorp and Oscar Reed who are in joint second place.

Delighted to see the Black Box Trend Following System Ver 2.0 doing well in 4 place. Not bad for a bot. I'm keeping the formula a close secret. It is marginally better than the collective Weighted Average.

Also, the average points for the whole field is 13.8 so we have 4 forecasters above average and the rest below.

Simple average is bottom.

Overall there were 55 bullish calls and 54 bearish. The field was pretty split 50/50. In the 13 weekly forecasts for Quarter 2 the market was up 9 weeks and down 4. So the bears got their paws burned.

Actual Trading Range for the market was 93. Forecast trading range was 127 points. We seem to have less of variance so that indicates forecasters are nearer the market trading range than before - where we used to have wide (wild) variances in forecasts.

I'd be happy to hear any of your views too on any observations you guys might like to highlight.

1624800980424.png

Ok now for some points raised mid quarter about whether anyone is up for changing the instrument from the SPX500 to the FTSE100?

There is a very active FTSE100 thread here as you'll know and it might be of interest seeing how that pans out.

@MasterOfCoin had a preference for this and LexCorp is also a contributor to the Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures?? thread.

Let me have your thoughts and have a good weekend with what's left of it.

Ok now for some points raised mid quarter about whether anyone is up for changing the instrument from the SPX500 to the FTSE100?

There is a very active FTSE100 thread here as you'll know and it might be of interest seeing how that pans out.

@MasterOfCoin had a preference for this and LexCorp is also a contributor to the Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures?? thread.

Let me have your thoughts and have a good weekend with what's left of it.

I'm certainly up for that.