S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2018 with PRIZES!

general look

2nsz3i9.png

Well it is clear the market is chancing monopoly monies.

Advance to 3000 and Collect 200s each time you pass Go! Repeat 5 times because Republicans have passed trillions of tax give aways and the holding line for the national debt ceiling has been raised into orbit.

Four weeks of rises what'c the chance it'll repeat for week 5? Very high imo.

So I'm simply going to go with 2900.09

I have looked at candlesticks but I'm I'm sure you can all see the three 000s just a snippet away from that last candle stick. Hazard a guess it'll get there for Valentines day :love::love:

I don't know if anyone has tried getting their ideas coded up ?
This is one I got done in MT4 for $180.

1. Use RSI, Macd and Stochastics with their usual variables.
2. Either use all 3 indicators or one or two or three of them singly or on an AND/OR basis.
3. Compare the indicators used with the last CLOSED bar and if they are all in agreement and are going up then buy. Or if they
are all in agreement and going down then sell . ( exit ).
4. The usual variables for stop loss, take profit and trailing stop loss.
5. Have a fixed lot betting system or one where up to 6 re-entries can be set at an amount if wanted.

I don't know if anyone has tried getting their ideas coded up ?
This is one I got done in MT4 for $180.

1. Use RSI, Macd and Stochastics with their usual variables.
2. Either use all 3 indicators or one or two or three of them singly or on an AND/OR basis.
3. Compare the indicators used with the last CLOSED bar and if they are all in agreement and are going up then buy. Or if they
are all in agreement and going down then sell . ( exit ).
4. The usual variables for stop loss, take profit and trailing stop loss.
5. Have a fixed lot betting system or one where up to 6 re-entries can be set at an amount if wanted.

Has it made you any dough Pat?

Has it made you any dough Pat?

Well it did do automatic trades BUT you have put your finger right on the problem - it was not profitable and gradually lost.
Whether this was due to the coding not being quite right or whether it was my idea that had holes in it, I am not sure. My coding skills are minimal.
Anyone else can have a go if they like.

Attachments

• Aces High v1.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
You probably know I'm into Pivot Point guys but just noticed last weeks closing number was Woodie's (my preferred number) PP_R3 @ 2872.83.

Just 0.04 away.

Got tripped over by the US gov shutdown fiasco. :(

Attachments

• PP_Woodie.JPG
    PP_Woodie.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 117
You probably know I'm into Pivot Point guys but just noticed last weeks closing number was Woodie's (my preferred number) PP_R3 @ 2872.83.

Just 0.04 away.

Got tripped over by the US gov shutdown fiasco. :(

What is Woodies this week ?

Yo dudes and dudettes :)

First off welcome to our brand new shiny and very polished forecaster Mr Dentist. We wish him good luck and hope he doesn't cut his teeth too sharply against the rest of us. :cheesy:

Surprisingly Dentist is the biggest bull among us whilst Oscar has kindly relinquished his position to Trader JR who is leading the bears this week. There is even greater spread in the forecast variance than last with 83 ticks. Just how long can these gains be maintained is indeed fast becoming one of the 8th mysterious of the World.

Field is sort of 50/50 with the two averages in different camps. Weighted Average is a bull so my money is on another week of rises.

Wishing you all a good prosperous trading and happy days. (y)

Attachments

• Wk5.JPG
    Wk5.JPG
    274.5 KB · Views: 130