S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2017 with PRIZES!

ive set the a reminder on my phone to remind me its sunday.....Ill definitely have my forecast in tonight...:eek:

I hadn't realised how important this competition was to me until I had to endure the agony of a missed week, almost as bad as watching a trade heading towards its stop. So setting a reminder is a cracking idea

[emoji481]

Good to see numbers increasing everyone. More the merrier. :clap::clap::clap:

It's not easy getting on to the podium and winning medals, week after week predicting turns and levels. Much thought, skill and calculation goes into producing these forecasts. I don't know about making it look easy but we sure make it fun.

Keep up the good work and carry on forecasting :cool:

winners_podium_prop.jpg

Yo chaps, very crowded at the top. Cbrads and Twin2Win have gone for the same spot. Lex and Signcal tailgating.

Hope Wacky and and Jeffre have set their alarm clocks :whistling

Welcome to Quarter 3 - SPX 500 Competition all you wonderful and delightful forecasters with extraordinaire qualities. Unique bunch of rare and most disciplined traders that we are.

Also, would like to take this opportunity and welcome our two new forecasters Cbrads and 4xis2ez. :clap::clap:

On the subject, I was reflecting over the weekend why there aren't more entrants. It dawned on me that trading is indeed a lot of hard work and discipline that entails routine, thought, preparation and follow through. Attaining consistency is hard work.

I then realised that's probably why newbies after little work or no effort, demand great high rewards and ultimately fail. Guessing many turn nose up at having to put so much time and effort over 12-13 week period to attain a podium finish and scoff at the small probability of winning $100 prize voucher.

In contrast the hard core traders here know it's a different story. Following and tracking the market and building, tweaking inputs and numbers to achieve that ultimate proximity to weekly close.

With the introduction and self adulation out of the way, we have 10 bulls v 6 bears. What is surprising, the forecast variance has suddenly doubled from the usual 60s to 130.

Not only that Weighted and Mean average are on opposing sides. I think Oscar single-handedly is responsible for both those factors. (I'm seriously concerned about his frame of mind after CV's cruel jibe at him over the weekend :cheesy: )

Bad CV! Very bad! :cool:

NickBk is the biggest bull, sort of with up +17 against grizzililllly Oscar feeling very rough and down -112.

Wishing you all the best of luck and prosperous trading, kicking off week 27 of 2017. (y)(y)(y)(y)

Attachments

• spx_wk27_sow.JPG
    spx_wk27_sow.JPG
    270.4 KB · Views: 128
Welcome to Quarter 3 - SPX 500 Competition all you wonderful and delightful forecasters with extraordinaire qualities. Unique bunch of rare and most disciplined traders that we are.

Also, would like to take this opportunity and welcome our two new forecasters Cbrads and 4xis2ez. :clap::clap:

On the subject, I was reflecting over the weekend why there aren't more entrants. It dawned on me that trading is indeed a lot of hard work and discipline that entails routine, thought, preparation and follow through. Attaining consistency is hard work.

I then realised that's probably why newbies after little work or no effort, demand great high rewards and ultimately fail. Guessing many turn nose up at having to put so much time and effort over 12-13 week period to attain a podium finish and scoff at the small probability of winning $100 prize voucher.

In contrast the hard core traders here know it's a different story. Following and tracking the market and building, tweaking inputs and numbers to achieve that ultimate proximity to weekly close.

I have to say that I never traded the s&p before I started this competition and I used it as a way to learn before putting real money down.

If your doing a 9-5 and you want to be a trader instead, then try this competition for 12 months it will disabuse you of any thoughts of being superior to the average trader and probably save you a LOT of money.

You will NEVER master the s&p! (Though you may learn enough to make a few dollars on the side ;)).

I have to say that I never traded the s&p before I started this competition and I used it as a way to learn before putting real money down.

If your doing a 9-5 and you want to be a trader instead, then try this competition for 12 months it will disabuse you of any thoughts of being superior to the average trader and probably save you a LOT of money.

You will NEVER master the s&p! (Though you may learn enough to make a few dollars on the side ;)).
I like your comment. If I can get direction right most of the time for the week, I may try weekly binary options on indices. (Nadex)

34.5 points in 2 days sacré bleu impossible. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: