S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2017 with PRIZES!

A few days ago I wrote an email to the Cambridge University Economics dept. student's room to see if the young heroes would like to sharpen up their forecasting skills in the real world by joining our free to join competition.
Some typical ivory towered a***hole replied that I was banned from communicating with their students !!

Have they got a poor attitude or what ?

:smart:

if there was a weekly dax comp, iI think 'd be guessing 14000 next week!! :) Crazy stuff

Just wondering if there is any appetite for having another in the same format as SPX.

Pat put your thinking cap on ;)

Just wondering if there is any appetite for having another in the same format as SPX.

Pat put your thinking cap on ;)

Undaunted from the above rejection I wrote to 3 NZ Universities. Let's see if there is any appetite for the very important world of forecasting.

Well I meant the whole set of forecasters collectively and as it happens Weighted Average metric has the lead at the mo with SPX @ 2391.

How fab is that??? :cool:

It's not fab at all, what's wrong with these American investors,Why can't they just keep buying it up to 2409...jeez like, it's going there in next few weeks anyhow, Do they have any idea what's at stake here ? I want a medal, nice shiny gold one....:sneaky:

It's not fab at all, what's wrong with these American investors,Why can't they just keep buying it up to 2409...jeez like, it's going there in next few weeks anyhow, Do they have any idea what's at stake here ? I want a medal, nice shiny gold one....:sneaky:

We could have a whip round if you are really desperate.
:LOL:

Well done to Lexcorp who takes his second gold for the quarter and second place on the table :clap::clap::clap:

Pat just misses out on gold but takes silver and I get to fill my bronze bucket with deux points. (y)

Force was strong this week for a 2390-2400 finish and didn't we all do well? There was just 2.3 ticks separating three forcasts and 10 ticks for 6 forecasts. When so many analyst heads come together - well who can say what we can achieve.

Great stuff and keep those forecasts coming. (y)(y)

As Pat has indicated there are some interesting ideas to work on and hopefully competition will develop into something bigger and better.

Lexcorp loved the art work and really looking forward to your next write up :)

Attachments

• spx_wk18_eow.JPG
    spx_wk18_eow.JPG
    273.1 KB · Views: 115
  • League_Table_2017.JPG
    League_Table_2017.JPG
    265.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
The old girl just keeps going up!

Interestingly, over the last few months, certain family members and friends have discovered the stock market, opened trading accounts, and are making rather good money! They just see the market as 'a thing that always goes up'. They've been buying stocks and longing the indexes (dax, spx etc) and are loving it! Some of them know that i've been trading for a while and simply can't understand why I'm not a multi-billionnaire! (''It's SO SO easy!!!!'')
If I told them it sometimes goes down they wouldn't believe me. If I told them at times i've actually 'gone short' (and maybe lost money on them shorts), they'd look at me like i'm on fire.

I'm no expert and so don't like to really give advice to them, but it certainly feels a bit like a bubble when your auntie's dog walker (she's pretty hot. Ass like an onion......makes you wanna cry. Know what I mean?) who only learnt that the market existed last month has put all her savings into her leveraged trading account and is so far making a fair bit of money by just buying the FTSE and the Dow each morning when she wakes up

Having said that, technically, it all looks rather good, I guess.

Similar chart to the one from my last gold medal from me. kind of expecting all 3 circles to be hit soonish. I don't know in what order! :)

Will reserve my guess for now, but i'll likely be looking for yet more upside for my weekly forecast....Almost hope i'm wrong since it's actually getting kind of boring to watch it jst grind up!

Attachments

• delme.png
    delme.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 111
The old girl just keeps going up!

Interestingly, over the last few months, certain family members and friends have discovered the stock market, opened trading accounts, and are making rather good money! They just see the market as 'a thing that always goes up'. They've been buying stocks and longing the indexes (dax, spx etc) and are loving it! Some of them know that i've been trading for a while and simply can't understand why I'm not a multi-billionnaire! (''It's SO SO easy!!!!'')
If I told them it sometimes goes down they wouldn't believe me. If I told them at times i've actually 'gone short' (and maybe lost money on them shorts), they'd look at me like i'm on fire.

I'm no expert and so don't like to really give advice to them, but it certainly feels a bit like a bubble when your auntie's dog walker (she's pretty hot. Ass like an onion......makes you wanna cry. Know what I mean?) who only learnt that the market existed last month has put all her savings into her leveraged trading account and is so far making a fair bit of money by just buying the FTSE and the Dow each morning when she wakes up

Having said that, technically, it all looks rather good, I guess.

Similar chart to the one from my last gold medal from me. kind of expecting all 3 circles to be hit soonish. I don't know in what order! :)

Will reserve my guess for now, but i'll likely be looking for yet more upside for my weekly forecast....Almost hope i'm wrong since it's actually getting kind of boring to watch it jst grind up!

Only a matter of time before Newton's law of gravity kicks in and..............

I know exactly what you mean Pat, that bum won't stay pert forever, once she tops 40 things start to sag. :LOL:

I used to have this girlfriend past 50 and boy even Newton would have been astonished.

:LOL:

Last edited: