S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2017 with PRIZES!

I'm just stepping out into the garden to carry out a cosmic dance, harnessing the energy of the universe to shift the SPX up 40 points or so. (y)

Bearing in mind if you were successful you would still be about 20 points out. :LOL:

You seem to be on a crusade of late:LOL: This stop CV POV every week will consume you if you let it :)

Just friendly banter old bean and you are big and cuddly enough to absorb them all. :cheesy:

You shouldn't forget the onlookers - the pseudo pugilism between you two is some of the best free entertainment on T2W (y)

It gives me no joy hoisting these results this evening. :(

Well done CV! :clap::clap::clap:
I sort of mean it... ;)

Not only have you taken gold you have come very close to achieving a record.
Great forecast. (y)

Weekly write up is yours, however you would like to do it. Otherwise Pat or I can oblige.

:)

Attachments

• spx_wk12_eow.JPG
    spx_wk12_eow.JPG
    340.3 KB · Views: 104
  • League_Table_SPX_17.JPG
    League_Table_SPX_17.JPG
    338.8 KB · Views: 86
  • Record Holders.JPG
    Record Holders.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 92

I sort of mean it... ;)

Great forecast. (y)

Atilla, is there not a record for missing out on a Bronze medal, only .02 more and it would have been a tie with Oscar :cry:(n):p

Congrats CV.
Take no notice of the banter.

Last edited:
Atilla, is there not a record for missing out on a Bronze medal, only .02 more and it would have been a tie with Oscar :cry:(n):p

I can see both you and Oscar have a bronze medal each.

That seems fair to me dear PingPong :)

When your school teachers put comments "must try harder" what advice did your parents give to you? :cheesy:

I sort of mean it... ;)

Great forecast. (y)

Weekly write up is yours, however you would like to do it. Otherwise Pat or I can oblige.

:)

Ta Muchly.:LOL:

As Atilla has clearly and cruelly pointed out, I have much room for improvement re:- forecasting. Being 4th on that all time list is like being 4th at the Olympics. My only hope is that One, or more on the list, fails the mandatory drug testing and is stripped of their position.:)

Anyway, enough nonsense, time for a teaser.

Forecasting is One thing, but making money from trading is quite another.
So this weeks area of study is IDENTIFYING EDGE

When you look at your trading instruments, it may be of some considerable benefit to compare and contrast them with other closely correlated instruments.
Simple but meaningful observation, coupled with organised information, can help identify your edge and in turn pay huge trading dividends. It can also keep you out of the wrong trades.

In the attached chart, we compare DOW, S+P and NAS on Two time frames. Charts have been aligned to reflect the trading day. (Friday) A horizontal reference line has been placed on each chart, from where we measure all unfolding price action throughout the day.

So, what is it we are trying to observe!

1) Coordination/ Correlation
2) Instrument Strength/ Weakness (hierarchy)
3) Instrument Selection (which one to trade from the group and in which direction)

So our observation period is through Asia and London sessions. Our trading period is US session.
On the attached chart it is clear to see coordination, correlation, strength and weakness. All of this observable organised information can be used in order to make informed trading decisions as the price action unfolds.

Hint) DOW for shorts, NAS for longs.

Attachments

• observable edge.png
    observable edge.png
    198.9 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
I can see both you and Oscar have a bronze medal each.

That seems fair to me dear PingPong :)
FAIR - Life is never fair my dear Atilla, NEVER :eek::mad:

When your school teachers put comments "must try harder" what advice did your parents give to you? :cheesy:

School, what was that, never heard of it, must have been dragged up with the school of life instead :innocent::LOL::LOL:

School, what was that, never heard of it, must have been dragged up with the school of life instead :innocent::LOL::LOL:

Life may not be fair comrade PingPong, but this competition certainly is.(y)

It also epitomises the higher virtues of humanity with set rules and standards governed by all forecasting members in a very transparent public way. :cool:

Founding member Pat first outlined the rules around 2012 and since then we've even had a change in our constitution without one expletive being written. That was when we introduced a -1 point reduction if market direction was incorrectly forecast. It has turned out quite, well making the competition more open and competitive whilst introducing the option of sitting out if doubt clouds ones judgement.

Furthermore, although T2W and Sharky put up $500 prize money, I can assure you, we have no interference from T2W on how we run the competition. The competition is purely managed by us all - *** the forecasters ***.

I also think we are pretty good in turns... :rolleyes: as some of the records clearly show the outstanding talent that we have witnessed in the last 5 years.

Isn't all that so wonderfully marvellous :clap::clap::clap: