S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2015 with PRIZES!

I dont understand why VielGeld is showing 2108.83

I dont understand why VielGeld is showing 2108.83

Thank you Tar,

Looks like my error, punched in an average. There was no forecast from VielGeld.

Adjusting numbers and will do write up soon.

Mucho gracias :)

Well done to ibetyou who takes bronze this week (y)

Weighted Average and Average take gold and silver. Weighted Average I think has broken Postman's record with a 0.07 proximity to Friday's close.

.........................Weighted Average
...........Average...................................ibetyou
JASS-TWO-CD-foundry-sm.jpg

League table here...

Interesting to see SPX500 still had legs on Friday close.

Have a g8 weekend to you all forecasters and if you're in the UK, make your votes count next week.

(y)

The WA looks handsome to me maybe i should follow it blindly . Do you have any data how close are the WA forecasts ... ?

The WA looks handsome to me maybe i should follow it blindly . Do you have any data how close are the WA forecasts ... ?

The weighted sum of the parts seems to be greater

Over the years the Averages always have fared better than indi-forecasters.

I was trying to do some pip calculations last year but due to time constraints gave up. Now having more time in my hands perhaps I'll start calculating the pips again.

We would need to define exit/stops etc., to try and tune it.

I was also thinking the Weighted seems to be pretty close to average so increasing the weighting. However, don't wish to make too many changes but I'll have a play next week and post findings here on another tab/same sheet.

If anybody has ideas to tweak it / modify etc, there is nothing stopping us amending or adding new weight as they don't participate in the prizes ;)

(y)

No need for exits and stops , just how close is the WA to the SPX close each week ...

Isnt that the WA ?! Looks tough enough to have an edge :

Hay can anybody please tell me what the numbers everybody was quoting earlier haven't got a clue
Thank you

Hi David,

The rules of the competition are here FYI.

You are more than welcome to join in as more the merrier and better the competition.

There are Amazon vouchers as quarterly prizes too and one for over-all annual winner at the end of the year.

(y)

No need for exits and stops , just how close is the WA to the SPX close each week ...

Hi Tar,

Did some calculations just purely on getting direction right or wrong and wins on difference and here are the results for 2015... Doesn't look good for Averages...

Attachments

• PIPS Made.GIF
    PIPS Made.GIF
    14.7 KB · Views: 115
Reactions: tar
Can't pass up a free compo now can I.

2055 for close Friday May 8th.

Welcome Pat and very glad to see you in the competition and look forward to your forecasts. Hopefully it will be entertaining as your good posts... (y)

Welcome Pat and very glad to see you in the competition and look forward to your forecasts. Hopefully it will be entertaining as your good posts... (y)

O I'm sure me random shots in the dark will provide endless mirth for ye all.