S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2015 with PRIZES!

I still favour huge hydro developments, with a large backing-up lake for irrigation, drinking water etc. The trouble with under-sea hydro is the marine growth gumming up the works every 5 years or so.
Solar - great if all south facing roofs in the UK had to put solar slates on ! The politicians might get the message in another 20 years.
Wind - needs new machines that will last longer and cope with gentle to excess of over 54 mph winds. I saw a great TV programme where the wind on a high rise building supplied all it's power with some to spare.

Apparently there are desperate drought areas in the USA and Brazil. Largely due to lack of forward planning and mean capitalism.

Solar power is the best imo. Less mechanical moving parts in any construction the better it is with least maintenance and on-going service issues.

Wireless charging devices already out there with clever touch screen glass technologies.

Big fan of Corning Inc

Also, before you all laugh out 1 metre and hail me crazy, just remember when the Wright brothers first flew their aeroplane powered by a cycle chain they only made about a 15 meters. Man can now fly to space and back... (y)

Hi Guys,

League table updated with bulls to bears order.

ibetyou is angriest of the bulls against me, grizzly poohey of the bears. Variance in opinion has increase to 76 ticks againts a pretty consistent 50 tick weekly trading range for the SPX500.

We have 5 bulls v 6 bears, not counting averages which are also down.

Wishing you all good luck. (y)

Well done to ibetyou who takes gold this week. :clap::clap::clap:

TwinToWin takes silver and fairval gets bronze. (y)(y)

Humble pie for me :eek: - VielGeld takes a point going long. I've noticed when ever I take a dig at another I have a losing week. Motormouth or just bad karma I dunno but it's not funny anymore :( :confused: :( I must write out 500 lines I'm very very sorry VielGeld. :whistling

...................................................................ibetyou
....................TwinToWin.................................................................................fairval

three-signs-fists-saying-buy-sell-wait-18827406.jpg

League table here...

TwinToWin is leading QTR-2 with smashing 10 points. ibetyou and lexcorp in close pursuit. I'm in the middle of nowhere trying to hang on to my one point.

Not looking pretty this quarter. Markets on steroids even interpreting companies going bust as positive news! What do I know??? I no notink! :cheesy:

Last edited:
2078 - World's biggest global party hosted from the Island of Hawaii is disrupted by volcanic eruption from Kilauea

Who can guess which way the markets are headed? :cheesy:

1200x-1.jpg

Humble pie or custard delight??? :LOL:

Last edited:
Solar power is the best imo. Less mechanical moving parts in any construction the better it is with least maintenance and on-going service issues.

Wireless charging devices already out there with clever touch screen glass technologies.

Big fan of Corning Inc

Also, before you all laugh out 1 metre and hail me crazy, just remember when the Wright brothers first flew their aeroplane powered by a cycle chain they only made about a 15 meters. Man can now fly to space and back... (y)

Deleted, off topic :)

Last edited:
The weekly guess did better than my actual trading - again! Target fair, route very off piste... 2145 as another charge up pls Attila.

I will hold back all urges to say it goes down this week.

2135 said in a resigned tone of voice. :rolleyes:

Hi guys,

League table
updated with forecasts, bulls to bears as usual.

We have TwinToWin who is the table leader and biggest bull against Liver who is the grizzliest of the bears and bottom of the score sheet. I'm trailing close behind. There is a 74 tick variance in the forecast.

Tar is back but Samspade seems to have gone AWOL along with Malaguti who is on diper-duty.

Wishing you all good luck...

Reactions: tar