S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2014 with PRIZES!

Hi Everyone,

Here are the forecasts for week 41 - bulls to bears. We have a new forecaster WallStreetHero - who also happens to be the most bullish right now among 10.

Sadly we are missing Samspade and WackyPete :(. But on the upside Tar is back :). So I'm delighted to say we go forwards and onwards drawing closer to the end of the year.

As last week - we only have three lil bears. Paw paw show imo.

The two averages leading overall totals are both pointing to 1973-6 level. Significant level 1970s. So it remains to be seen if we finish above or below this level... :whistling

Wishing you all good luck and happy times :)

League Table Here...

Forgot to mention - as this is the last quarter and competition is heating up - you can send sealed forecasts (pm emails to person of your choice eg: Pat or I, who is not in contention) if you choose to.

This is so that we can avoid strategic tactical forecasting and make it fairer on all contenders for the top spot. (y)

I thought this write up from Alpari UK was significant and represents sentiment in the markets pretty spot on.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/brokerages/166014-forex-research.html#post2407986

The catalyst for the global sell-off on this occasion appears to be the IMFs decision to revise down global growth forecasts for this year and next by 0.1% and 0.2%, respectively. This has hardly come as a great shock given the crisis in the Ukraine and the impact it's had on a number of countries, not to mention the overall slowdown in the eurozone and the fact that we recently saw similar revisions from the OECD. What really didn't help was the fairly pessimistic language in the IMF comments, with the organisation using words such as "weak" and "uneven" to describe the current global economic recovery.

That's not to say what they're saying isn't correct because it absolutely is, but the markets appear to be very sensitive at the moment and it doesn't take much to get a reaction. This is effectively just the straw that broke the camels back. It says a lot about how investors perceive the levels that we've been trading at if everyone's fingers are on the trigger and at the first sign of negativity, we get heavy selling.

Markets intoxicated with easy money has gone numpty numpty. Once again have to quote Twitter. Forever losing money with no real money making 'business plan' - still is able to borrow $1.8bn and share price goes up.

Decides to sue the US Government on snooping powers and share price goes up.

Absolutely riddiculous imo! But quite a few companies going to get a real slap-down sooner or later...

Dare I say find me self on the optimistic side again. :cheesy:

Going to be an interesting finish tonight. I reckon market go in any direction because of all the nutters out there :cheesy: (just my biased view).

I can't believe I was so overly optimistic again. :clap:

Note to self... Stop taking those blue pills! ;)

Going to be an interesting finish tonight. I reckon market go in any direction because of all the nutters out there :cheesy: (just my biased view).

I can't believe I was so overly optimistic again. :clap:

Note to self... Stop taking those blue pills! ;)

Don't forget Friday short covering.

US holiday on Monday.

Well done to the three podium winners this week. It was a timely call indeed.

TwinToWin takes first gold, Atilla silver and 12WBT bronze. Only three bears last week but market sentiment seems to have turned.

TwinToWin
...........Atilla...............................12WBT
three-people-with-clocks.jpg

It will be interesting viewing next week. Bulls will be tested.

fwiw I think it was significant, the bounce we had on Thursday after Fed minutes failed to breach 1970. Closed day around 1969 which to me was an important failure and showed lack of conviction from the bulls. 1970s key S/R level.

League table here...

Attachments

• 2014-Wk-41-1906.GIF
    2014-Wk-41-1906.GIF
    156.1 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
I stuck to my guns while expecting a nice breeze and a hurricane passed overhead instead. Thankfully, I have a nice, big pile of guns so it'll take more than that to discourage me.

1920 for next week, please, monsieur. We'll have a rebound. I'm sure of it.