S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2014 with PRIZES!

Do you think the S&P market makers are placing bets on this competition? :LOL:

Unless the number is revised its a win for Lexcorp.

Well done sir. :clap:

How many big S&P's did you have to buy on the close to wangle that one. :LOL:

How many big S&P's did you have to buy on the close to wangle that one. :LOL:

I'd rather not say. Needless to mention it was a very risky strategy for the sake of a voucher, and I'm still holding 1800 contracts long into the weekend that I wasn't able to close :eek:

Soooo very very close guys and we have a winner!!!

Lexcorp wins S&P500-2014 - QTR-3 competition with one point. (y)(y)(y)

Postman comes second (y)(y)

Weighted Average in third winning by 4 extra silver medals over Malaguti. (Gaffs has joint third place in points but least medals). (y)

On the weekly podium wins, 12WBT takes his first gold, with Gaffs taking silver and Postman bronze.

The big drum roll and $150 Amazon prize vouchers goes to LexCorp :clap::clap::clap:

..........................................................................................LexCorp

......................Postman.....................................................................................Weighted Average

b824.jpg

Attachments

• SPX500_14Q3_Final.GIF
    SPX500_14Q3_Final.GIF
    141.5 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Firstly a BIG WELL DONE to Lexcorp but commiserations to Postman- so close but not to be this time !!

Not just a flash in the pan win either but solid winning points built up over the quarter.

Attachments

• crown.bmp
    39.1 KB · Views: 218

Weighted Average in third winning by 4 extra silver medals over Malaguti. (Gaffs has joint third place in points but least medals). (y)

On the weekly podium wins, 12WBT takes his first gold, with Gaffs taking silver and Postman bronze.

The big drum roll and $150 Amazon prize vouchers goes to LexCorp :clap::clap::clap:
not that it changes the result, but my 6 podium results this quarter against 2 from weighted average surely relegates the average?
Not that I'm bitter about those bloody averages if course :mad:

not that it changes the result, but my 6 podium results this quarter against 2 from weighted average surely relegates the average?
Not that I'm bitter about those bloody averages if course :mad:

Oh yes! and you are correct... This quarter;

Malaguti 2 Gold + 1 Silver + 3 Bronze
W_Average 2 Gold + 1 Silver - 0 No bronze...

Take II - :)

Malaguti comes third beating Weighted Average into third place by winning 3 extra bronze medals. (Gaffs has joint third place in points but least medals). (y)

..........................................................................................LexCorp

......................Postman...........................................................................................Malaguti

b824.jpg

Wow, tighter than Scrooge's purse strings that!
Congratulations LexCorp, Postman and Malaguti.(y)(y)(y)
Well done all!

Well done chaps, its made a cracking forum!
I suspect no need for closed guesses for me so offer up 2030 for next weeks bounce. Good luck to all....

Well done chaps, its made a cracking forum!
I suspect no need for closed guesses for me so offer up 2030 for next weeks bounce. Good luck to all....

Thanks TwinToWin and the closed guesses only come into play towards the end - when tactical forecasting makes better game strategy.

Will leave it to players discretion to private-mail forecasts. Will also remind this point as we get near to year end.

(y)

Hi Guys,

Here is a current view of the league table sorted in Running Points Order for the whole of 2014.

As per rule numbers 2 & 4 - there is now $100 Amazon Prize Vouchers to be won

As the game is based on points participants with greater matches played obviously stand a better chance of winning as total points will be used to determine winner.

For new comers to our competition this is deliberate in design to stop chancers playing simply to win prizes. Competition aims to foster consistency and a view of what others are thinking over a long time frame. It is purely managed by us members with prizes donated by T2W.

Charts and explanations on how forecasts are arrived at are always welcome and desired. I hope to personally try and do more of this in the next quarter.

Credits go to Pat who started the thread and the competition.

Robster who created the spread sheet and managed it for a good while...

Credit to all our forecasters too who make it worth while, culminating in our Weighted Average and Average currently leading the league table for year end.

(y)

Attachments

• 2014-QTR3-End-RunTot-Summary.GIF
    2014-QTR3-End-RunTot-Summary.GIF
    105.6 KB · Views: 141
Playing with the spread-sheet, I've created a new column CJ.

This shows Forecast Strength Ratio; Deviding Total Points / Games Played.

So higher this number is better the forecasting ratio. It sort of levels out the forecasting power of the new comers against old timers, attempting to remove number of games played distortion in points achieved.

In this view Lexcorp / 12WBT / Weighted Average have the lead.

Attachments

• Forecast Strength-o-Meter.GIF
    Forecast Strength-o-Meter.GIF
    126.4 KB · Views: 150
Playing with the spread-sheet, I've created a new column CJ.

This shows Forecast Strength Ratio

In this view Lexcorp / 12WBT / Weighted Average have the lead.

Wooohoo!
Looks like I started playing too late to win the end of year points tally, though. Looks like Gaffs has got one hand on that.(y)

1955.7 - July 13 – Ruth Ellis (born 1926) is hanged for murder in London, becoming the last woman ever to be executed in the United Kingdom.

Reason for 1955.7 as per the chart (Daily) candle bar downward move from the 25th Thursday is a severe black cloud day and technically the bulls failed to recover 50% of the move following Friday 26th, hence, this is a very bearish indicator to me.

I always favour the numbers 20 / 80 as being significant and feel 1980 failed to hold as it was breached to the down side. Not for the first time either!

As for picking where it will end the week, notice a gap opening where it previously closed at 1955 - hey presto forecast picked. However, I was struggling here as when the falls start coming in and the hype wears out I wouldn't be surprised even if we see 1800s pretty soon. Considering the BS in the hype I'm guessing it is still some way off.

On a personal note I have three reasons for trading.

1. Technical setup
2. News based
3. Fundamental analysis

Weight of influence and timeframes can vary significantly. This forecast is purely technical based on candle-sticks.

Wishing you all good luck... (y)

Attachments

• 2014-Wk-40-1955.7.GIF
    2014-Wk-40-1955.7.GIF
    19.7 KB · Views: 178