S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2014 with PRIZES!

Wooohoo!
Looks like I started playing too late to win the end of year points tally, though. Looks like Gaffs has got one hand on that.(y)

I can see the ball of wool but I can't see the cardigan! :cheesy:
A long way to go yet I think.
1999 for me please this week

Too much real action going on and I forgot to post. :eek:

School boy error. I will join in again next week.

Hi Guys,

Wishing you all good luck to the final quarter of the SPX500 2014 competition.

As usual league table updated bulls to bears. TwinToWin is the biggest bull with 2030 (+47) and me the bear with another fall to 1955 (-27). Averages are up so the market still has some legs.

Sadly Postman has missed a call along with two of our regulars WackyPete and Samspade :(

However, on the good side we have VielGeld who is back to turn a new page.

Wishing you all the best of luck and prosperous trading. (y)

OM Goodness didn't take long for the S&P500 to capitulate - only 1st of October :eek:

images

Was it that ebola case that has given the US the jitters ?

Teddy bears picnic it seems.

Amazing fall to 1930s. Finding it difficult to believe I was optimistic :cheesy:

Decider tomorrow. Need some bounce or push by the bulls otherwise not going to be pretty for them if they don't put up some fight.

I reckon market wants the 10-20% retrace over and done with asap so the bull market can carry. That's just a hunch. V-type fall-bounce. Certainly going to be an interesting winter months. :whistling

Last edited:
Wheheeeyyy the three bears get to have pudding this week.

We also have another great call with 12WBT forecasting the close just .10 of a tick away. Almost rivaling Postman's .03
Amazing stuff and good call 12WBT :clap:(y):clap:

Our podium winners this week are;

..............................................12WBT
....................Lexcorp.............................................Atilla
The3Bears.png

League table here...

Attachments

• Wk40.GIF
    Wk40.GIF
    107.5 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Hey
New Q , so will challenge other members , this week 1983 plz .

Evening all, this weeks comedy guess is 1909 thanks Atilla.

Last weeks ABC "mini correction" may well be "W1-5 down trend" with a subsequent ABC up next week, but as I'll admit to not knowing a right lot I'll follow the channel down...

1939.3 - In Bombay, Mohandas Gandhi begins a fast protesting against British rule in India.

True to form SPX500 bounced on Friday. Pin bar on Thursday signalled the change.

Looking at the daily charts I think 1970s is a significant point as it has been tested and was either a close or open 8 times in the last two months. For this reason the failure to brake above it on Friday I think was significant.

Also on the weekly charts the high was on the 14th of September @ 2022 and we've failed to close in this range after the black cloud.

Hence, contrary to mother nature - the bear season is upon us (n)

imo - The disparity in the global economy is alarming in comparison to the little proxy wars and words between US and Russia. I hear alarm bells for EU and China and lots of good noise from US. I would be consolidating right now as a second dip underlay is just being laid out in front of us.

Attachments

• 2014-Wk-41-1939.3.GIF
    2014-Wk-41-1939.3.GIF
    25 KB · Views: 135
  • 2014-Wk-41-1939.3-b.GIF
    2014-Wk-41-1939.3-b.GIF
    20.6 KB · Views: 121