LIVE TRADING WITH GREY1 26th SEP 2008

I will make a recording of the session but it will be in mp3 if that's ok with everyone?

I'm having trouble with the visual side of things at the moment. :eek:

Naeem

I can try to do both, but it's 4:00 AM for me, I'm not sure if I'll be able to get up without an alarm clock (don't want to wake up my 1 yr old boy up). I can kick off the recording if the room is opening earlier.

Anyway, lote_tree, an MP3 recording with the saved text of the session would probably be really good. I'll try to get up early to start the recording if the room isn't open prior to me going to bed.

-E

Hi,
The reason why I asked to get someone to record it is that I was going to be at work. However I have worked out a way to be able to remotely login from work and start and monitor the recording. Therefore I will also do the audio/visual recording tomorrow. It would probably good for lote_tree (Naeem) to also do his recording as well just as a backup!
Cheers,
Imran

I can try to do both, but it's 4:00 AM for me, I'm not sure if I'll be able to get up without an alarm clock (don't want to wake up my 1 yr old boy up). I can kick off the recording if the room is opening earlier.

Anyway, lote_tree, an MP3 recording with the saved text of the session would probably be really good. I'll try to get up early to start the recording if the room isn't open prior to me going to bed.

-E

Yeah sure.. I'll be recording it one way or the other anyway so if you want a copy just let me know..

Peace......

Good deal! I'll still try to make a recording. Can't have too many backups of such an informative & important event.

-E

I can't start the recording now as the Technical Trader room has not appeared on Paltalk. I have a meeting at 11:45 and will try to be back by 12:30 but not completely sure.
Cheers,
Imran

Thanks Ely for recording it and Iraj for taking the time to host the seminar!

here is the current list of stocks................

AAPL
AMZN
APOL
BA
BIIB
BNI
CAT
CELG
COF
COST
ESI
EXM
FDX
GD
HIG
IBM
JOYG
LVS
NSC
NYX
RIMM
WFR
WHR
WMT
BBBY
TGT
WLP
QID
BIG
COH
DD
JNJ
UTX
HPQ

Thanks Ely37 for making the recording and thanks to Iraj for further clarification.

I was unable to be present, so this is much appreciated

Charlton

Same from me - we are have been kneed deep in a very tricky software project at work and as I'm the MD, I can't really slope off & leave the guys to their own devices any time I want ! Someone needs to hold the bullwhip.

BTW - any budding software developers out there - my advice is not to work on the development of programming languages. It's a bloody headache. Stick with apps !

Thanks Iraj & Ely - I hope to be able to give back some day.

Cycle Observation

Just thought I'd post what I saw yetserday after the seminar and wondered whether anyone caught a long trade based on cycle analysis.

Pic 1 represents all the lower times frames oversold at around 5:25pm GMT. Both 30min & 60min are pointing up, (all arrows are pointing at the 5:25pm mark). The only glitches for this trade might have been the fact that the 10min points down and the 30min is near the overbought point. However the 60min has alot of juice left in it for the upside and a speculative long position with lower position size might have been an option. Notice our exhaustion candle a few bars later on the 1min, interesting no? :)

Pic 2: As I trade futures I thought I'd include a chart of the ES contract for fellow futures traders. Again the red arrow points to the 5:25pm point. What's important here is the huge down bar. I think I second what Iraj said about put your position on and just walk away. If you get stopped out you get stopped out but at least you will give yourself every chance of letting your positions run.

This cycle analysis stuff is very appealing :D

Attachments

• Yesterdays Macci Setup.jpg
    Yesterdays Macci Setup.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 57
  • ES Futures.jpg
    ES Futures.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 38
picures dont load for me, lotte.... anyone else?

EDIT: - They do load for me in mozillla, but not in IE.
Makes sence because at the moment i can't watch youtube on IE either.
I must have messed something up the other day when i was trying to get the download of the semiar to play....

Last edited:
I watched the shorter seminar last night and it was mentioned that Paul would put on a seminar on N minute change for us newer members.

I'd appreciate an invite if that is going forward. :smart:

here is the current list of stocks................

AAPL
AMZN
APOL
BA
BIIB
BNI
CAT
CELG
COF
COST
ESI
EXM
FDX
GD
HIG
IBM
JOYG
LVS
NSC
NYX
RIMM
WFR
WHR
WMT
BBBY
TGT
WLP
QID
BIG
COH
DD
JNJ
UTX
HPQ

Iraj,
Thanks to you and jayjay for the list.

At some point could you please give a little clarification on how you arrived at it? From the transcript of the session I see that Evostick asked for your current list of daytrading stocks. This list is considerably different to the one that was used two or three seminars ago. It has quite a few more stocks in it (37 vs. 23?) and they are predominately NYSE stocks whereas before they were predominately NASDAQ stocks. In the past you have said that we only need 20 or so stocks on our watchlist. Are you monitoring all these stocks or is the idea to select a shortlist based on this list? What triggered you to change from the previous list?

Thanks.

Al

I watched the shorter seminar last night and it was mentioned that Paul would put on a seminar on N minute change for us newer members.

I'd appreciate an invite if that is going forward. :smart:

I am planning when to do this and will let others know when it is arranged. To be honest it will be very short as there is not much to know in how to use it.

Paul

I am planning when to do this and will let others know when it is arranged. To be honest it will be very short as there is not much to know in how to use it.

Paul

Then it fits in perfectly with my attention span !!

Now I know who Paul is too. I'm the other little dicky bird.

Cheers

Pete