LIVE TRADING with GREY1 ( EVERY DAY )

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ego can only operate by reference to the past or by projecting into the future. It cannot operate if you can bring yourself to be in the "present" moment. As the present moment is all we ever truly have, then try to not let the mind conduct any kind of comparison whilst in a trade. In other words what action is required by you "now". The mind will babble and try to get you to run through all sorts of things when in a trade. I have found it good when this happens to observe what it does as a third person but not let it (and therefore the ego), make decisions for me.

You may all think that I am mad for which I would understand :)

Paul

Nicely put, Paul. Sort of looking over your own shoulder as you trade, observing yourself in a detatched way. Not mad at all as it develops objectivity (many problems in life generally come from an irrational, emotional and ego distorted viewpoint). I suppose it comes down to a belief in the statistical likelihood of a succsessful system winning over time and the acceptance of loss as part of 'doing business'.

The ego can only operate by reference to the past or by projecting into the future. It cannot operate if you can bring yourself to be in the "present" moment. As the present moment is all we ever truly have, then try to not let the mind conduct any kind of comparison whilst in a trade. In other words what action is required by you "now". The mind will babble and try to get you to run through all sorts of things when in a trade. I have found it good when this happens to observe what it does as a third person but not let it (and therefore the ego), make decisions for me.

You may all think that I am mad for which I would understand :)

Paul

words of wisdom!!!

not at all, trading i have found is more mental and in the mind....Its a constent battle with yourself and you have to fight your demons every single day otherwise your toast......sometimes being right in trading can still not be enough to survive this game.........

infact form what your describing tells me your an experienced trader

jayjay,

as soon has you have a great run and have a few week of wins the demons come back along with the ego.

I guess I have a few years under my belt but is the most basic mistakes that mess me up. that is why I really have to get my butt going on testing and optimizing some ideas along with the members contributions here. I need to get started back testing but cant seem to buckle down and do it. :( at least semi automate them.

JayJay,

I agree. No matter how experienced you may feel, you need to keep emotions in check at all times. Just when you think you have mastered it...........

I can't think of many jobs where you are constantly monitoring and controlling your emotions.

JayJay,

I agree. No matter how experienced you may feel, you need to keep emotions in check at all times. Just when you think you have mastered it...........

I can't think of many jobs where you are constantly monitoring and controlling your emotions.

Jayjay

I'm interested in becoming one of the paying members to the paltalk sessions but first I want to know what the goals are.

So far we have been following calls which is fine for many but for me, I want to be independent of anyone else. Is this service going to be about you making calls or on getting the members independent & able to make their own calls ?

Also - is it a daily fee or a monthly fee ?

Cheers

Pedro

Jayjay

I'm interested in becoming one of the paying members to the paltalk sessions but first I want to know what the goals are.

So far we have been following calls which is fine for many but for me, I want to be independent of anyone else. Is this service going to be about you making calls or on getting the members independent & able to make their own calls ?

Also - is it a daily fee or a monthly fee ?

Cheers

Pedro

hi, firstly this was my own vision, nothing to do with grey1. It was my idea.

Well there are some different avenues i could take it but depends on what kind of service the members require, so ill listen to any feedback from you guys.

I could offer a training course based on the 6 weeks i spent with grey1 passing on any knowledge and education that i recieved in that time. I would also supply all the tools required and show how to use accordingly so traders become self sufficient.

I was also prepared to offer the paltalk room as ongoing support while we all grow together as professional traders giving live calls as we have been doing, this i feel will benifit all members including myself as we implement the strategy and fine tune to become the best we can.

As you know i don't like bs and im a genuine guy, therefore if you feel this will not improve your trading i will have no interest in it and i don't want to kid people or myself for that matter. I have truely found what works and i will never use anything other than cycle analysis using top down approach. Remember i gave grey a really hard time for many years and this is the mark of the guy as he really has nothing to hide and his strategy ive found is a viable one, it may not make you rich depending on your circumstances and capital but i promise there is nothing better in trading and you should once you fully understand how the strategy works make a steady income from your trading as i've been doing.

I know its changed me as so many things i did before like top fish or bottom fish have been eradicated from my trading and trading is making much more sense to me now, mentally too. Also ive come to a point for the first time in my trading where i can close out a loss without feeling any shame or guilt or any emotions what so ever, i don't know how it happened but it has, im no longer scared of the markets if that makes any sense. Infact i look forward to my trading day. It takes a little time to understand and get the feel but once you do you can be as good as grey1.

My plan for the room was to offer training with all the tools and also the room for ongoing support, what are peoples views?, would they prefer just the tools and training or is there an interest in the full time password protected room?

There are other rooms and subsriptions out there and i feel i can offer a unique service and complete with the others. But at the same time if you guys don't want this and want to do your own thing then great and we have shown you many things to help you out in the goto room.

Jayjay?

How much did Grey1 charge you to learn his methods?

intially nothing but we shared some programming costs.

as i spent time with him and we got to know each other well i offered him something for developing his tools for my own use which is only fair being the mans life work. Im very happy with them and was a great investment. I do not have all his tools though and some he will never part as is understandable. You would not beleive me if i told you how much grey has spent developing those tools, he showed me live proof of receipts from his programmer and they have been continiously updated over many years. Im the first and only person to have them and it will remain that way. My idea was to pass on the knowledge with greys consent and doing that means i will have to supply the tools so i can teach accordingly. Grey will rightly recieve royalties from this as they are his.

I will not go into detail on how much i paid for the developing of the rader so please understand but i know i could not have developed them myself and the programming involved in the radar itself is huge code, not just a basic one, it has other factors too.

Grey has become a true friend of mine and i thank him for all the help and knowledge i recieved with him.

guys please understand this is not all about making money out of you, i feel you will get the better deal at the end of the day so if it does not suit i understand. I just now have the oppuntunity to take this to the next level and make a career out of something i love which is trading. Of course its a big commintment for me and i will have to comprimise other commitments i have if im to do this so my time is valuable to me as you can understand. But at the same time my intention is only to help others, if i felt i could not make you better traders i seriously wouldn't bother as i want to be a trader first and foremost, sorry if that sounds cheap but its the truth.

jason

Last edited:
Hi jayjay, first i must say going through your previous posts, it seems like you have integrity, which many lack in this profession.
I myself like you were going through various methods looking for a way to be consistant and profitable, and it seems like i am even trying methods that you tried and gave up on (probably) i'll speak with you in the room about that.

Anyways, like Pedro, I'm looking for training and self sufficiency, like you were looking for and got from grey1

yes prophe you will not regret it as ive done many courses and spent thousands and this will be the best and in the long run save you money, also i will give ongoing support to you and please post your feedback once i train you, i want to know if you have truley grasped what i will show you.

i will inform all about the fees tommorrow and would appreciate all feedback. Rooms on paltalk and others range from 100-300 pounds a month and ive trialed many of those and i think ours is better, also im currently developing a program code which will make me totally automated soon and members will benifit from it too in the future as i will give the calls, its currently being tested but is a advanced program based on cycle analysis and if you have fast execution members too can benifit from the calls, there will also be a vix program code too to help with my calls, we need to have a few so members get plenty of oppotunities. Also traders who i train and become sufficient in future will be welcomed to come on board and help out others and recieve a fee, i want this to become a society of traders not just about making money.

Prophe have a look at my posts as i have nothing to hide, yes ive been chasing for a long time but have openly admitted that. I have been to members houses on here to watch them trade, i have done course with many on the net ranging from micro scalping, divergence, trendlines, pin bars, cci, darvas breakout, dom using level 2 etc and i personally found all too hit and miss. Grey himself was taught by someone who in turn changed his trading and its the same for me, education is everything and the correct education at that.

Last edited:
I am going to post my thoughts of this development. Open and honest, take it as you will.

Regarding Jason (jayjay121), I have been exchanging pm's, emails and skype chat with him for several months now, off and on. What I will say is, after an initial negative set of exchanges with him on TT, we did 'kiss and make up', and now are on and have been on good and friendly terms for these several months. He is very up front and says it as it is, no 'bs' as he would say. This is good.

I myself, was with Grey1 (Iraj) for close to 3 months, from about this time last year until March. Initially on Skype Chat and then Skype proper from begining of January. Not everyday, but a lot of them, and on the days I was'nt it was because he was with Fibbo, and on those days we would Skype Chat instead. I have all the text printed off and so many notes that it fills several files (reason I say this is because I am not talking bs either).

So this been said. I am a little uncomfortable with 'paid services' rearing its ugly head on TT. I originally met Iraj way back in 2006 (May), when he allowed myself and 3 other traders to sit in his office whilst he traded. Glenn was one of the others, who posts here from time to time, and he can confirm this. I was charged for the privilege alright. I seem to remember it was £200. This is £200 to Christian Aid, of which I paid direct through their website. Iraj never handled the transaction. Apart from this, there was nothing else. Now, during my time with Iraj, he did mention on numerous occasions that he would be 'okay' if I was to offer to train others, and in fact encouraged it, however, I always felt a little uncomfortable with this. Firstly because my trading record was pretty dubious (always ask for trading proof before you pay in terms of trading statements), and secondly because I did'nt have the tools that Iraj was using. Although he taught me a lot about the markets and scalping etc, he had code that he would'nt share, and his calls were always using these codes. This indeed was the reason we parted. I did'nt want to become reliant on someone else, there is no future in this, and Iraj understood this and agreed. Iraj has the code, but, he's put the time, the cost and the effort into it, so why should he give it to others. He is an awesome trader and has helped more than anyone else without asking for a 'bean', I respect that. I thanked him and moved on to stand on my own. Also, don't forget that 'code' is only a tiny element of the whole picture. Iraj, without code would be very successful, as he has all the other attributes that is required to be a top trader. I suppose also there is a third reason, and that is to ask for payment after been taught for free, does'nt really sit right with me, but that is just a personal thing.

I am sorry for ranting on so much here, but, I am a little saddened to see some of the various development in TT over the last few months. Firstly the 'coding' episode, and that whole positioning with some traders as if it was as simple as having a piece of code. This is very naive and smacks of the 'holy grail' search. And now we have 'paid for services'. Please make sure you know what you are getting, what you're getting into, and that it is worth the price. To succeed requires many different variables, will take various lengths of time depending on your ability, your capital, your passion, your personality and your personal set-up, and even then there are no guarantees. The challenges are more 'within' than outside. Take care and good trading to all.

Frank.

Last edited:
yes a honest reply frank and i respect your views,

all i can say is this is my idea and nothing to do with iraj, and infact it was never my intention to offer this and is something i came up with only a few weeks back. I proposed it to iraj because myself has suffered alot with mentors and subscribtion services and none have been any good, my intention was purely based on many struggling to implement greys strategies correctly and i felt i could save members alot of hassle in their conquest to become traders, it will not suit many but if i was offered it months ago i would have taken it as ive wasted so many years trying to get there.
Im not saying im a sufficient trader myself yet as only been doing the strategy for just over 2 months but something has changed in me and im feeling good about my trading. Also my long swing portfolio is down right now so im not perfect but my daytading has improved immensly and im profitable with the daytrading and scalping and will show members that.
Again this was not my intention and expect some stick which is only right as i too myself would give some stick but i honestly feel i was lacking education and i now have it and no one tried harder than myself to make it as a trader, so i feel i could potentially pass on this new found knowledge.
Again if the response for this service is not there then its fine i can move on knowing my intrigity was true and honest

Jason,

Can you clarify something here as my understanding is as follows:

1) You are offering to help traders correctly implement Grey1 strategies

2) To get this help they will incur some form of cost

If so then isn't something quite critical to the success of doing this missing ? Namely the code that you have acquired that will never be passed on to anyone and without which any strategy using it is useless ?

You have stated that you feel a big change as a trader but that would also be the case for almost everyone on TT who had also been fortunate enough to have acquired the code. As such offering something without this key critical part is no different than any paid for stock recommendation service in that it will do nothing to develop anyone as a more skilled trader in my view.

Paul

Jason,

Can you clarify something here as my understanding is as follows:

1) You are offering to help traders correctly implement Grey1 strategies

2) To get this help they will incur some form of cost

If so then isn't something quite critical to the success of doing this missing ? Namely the code that you have acquired that will never be passed on to anyone and without which any strategy using it is useless ?

You have stated that you feel a big change as a trader but that would also be the case for almost everyone on TT who had also been fortunate enough to have acquired the code. As such offering something without this key critical part is no different than any paid for stock recommendation service in that it will do nothing to develop anyone as a more skilled trader in my view.

Paul

paul, yes i have greys code as you can see from the youtube videos, why he chose to pass it on to me i will never know but i feel he felt a little sorry for me in my desperate quest to become a trader and i feel ive deserved it so i don't feel guilty, i needed and always looked for my break and oppotunity in trading and never once gave up. I don't have the api which makes it automated but infact i feel thats a benifit as i undersatnd how the code works and can use my own discretion to even out perform the code itself and the tools i will be using are all based on the code itself, im just not automated like grey but you need to understand the concepts behind the code to indeed trade it

So this been said. I am a little uncomfortable with 'paid services' rearing its ugly head on TT.
I must say I agree with you. Iraj has so freely given his advice and time over the years and now we have someone offering to train others in his methods, second-hand, at a cost. We don't know what the cost is except for his quote of 100-300 pounds per month as being the going rate for lesser rooms

So where does that leave the Technical Trader forum. Will this no longer be a place to discuss cycle analysis and multi-timeframe analysis ?
Although he taught me a lot about the markets and scalping etc, he had code that he would'nt share, and his calls were always using these codes. This indeed was the reason we parted. I did'nt want to become reliant on someone else, there is no future in this, and Iraj understood this and agreed. Iraj has the code, but, he's put the time, the cost and the effort into it, so why should he give it to others.
Agreed again - Grey1's teachings are more than just an indicator. There is a methodology and there is also discretion. Second-hand teaching after a couple of months with him is no substitute for the man himself.

Members should not get drawn into the Holy Grail effect - a special indicator that will solve all. There are plenty of adaptive indicators that give quicker signals than MACCI, which you can easily find on the web, some of which have been discussed in my threads on program trading.
I am a little saddened to see some of the various development in TT over the last few months. Firstly the 'coding' episode, and that whole positioning with some traders as if it was as simple as having a piece of code. This is very naive and smacks of the 'holy grail' search. And now we have 'paid for services'.
Please make sure you know what you are getting, what you're getting into, and that it is worth the price. To succeed requires many different variables, will take various lengths of time depending on your ability, your capital, your passion, your personality and your personal set-up, and even then there are no guarantees. The challenges are more 'within' than outside. Take care and good trading to all.
Frank.
Again - agreed - think very carefully about this. Iraj in the past has said that he never plugs trading sites.

I am very sad that this excellent forum is taking this direction now

Charlton

Last edited:
I agree with everyone to! iraj has given us great foundation to advanced stratigies to learn from and build. I hope the froum does not close down for good. it is sad to see it go if it does.

I am going to post my thoughts of this development. Open and honest, take it as you will.

Regarding Jason (jayjay121), I have been exchanging pm's, emails and skype chat with him for several months now, off and on. What I will say is, after an initial negative set of exchanges with him on TT, we did 'kiss and make up', and now are on and have been on good and friendly terms for these several months. He is very up front and says it as it is, no 'bs' as he would say. This is good.

I myself, was with Grey1 (Iraj) for close to 3 months, from about this time last year until March. Initially on Skype Chat and then Skype proper from begining of January. Not everyday, but a lot of them, and on the days I was'nt it was because he was with Fibbo, and on those days we would Skype Chat instead. I have all the text printed off and so many notes that it fills several files (reason I say this is because I am not talking bs either).

So this been said. I am a little uncomfortable with 'paid services' rearing its ugly head on TT. I originally met Iraj way back in 2006 (May), when he allowed myself and 3 other traders to sit in his office whilst he traded. Glenn was one of the others, who posts here from time to time, and he can confirm this. I was charged for the privilege alright. I seem to remember it was £200. This is £200 to Christian Aid, of which I paid direct through their website. Iraj never handled the transaction. Apart from this, there was nothing else. Now, during my time with Iraj, he did mention on numerous occasions that he would be 'okay' if I was to offer to train others, and in fact encouraged it, however, I always felt a little uncomfortable with this. Firstly because my trading record was pretty dubious (always ask for trading proof before you pay in terms of trading statements), and secondly because I did'nt have the tools that Iraj was using. Although he taught me a lot about the markets and scalping etc, he had code that he would'nt share, and his calls were always using these codes. This indeed was the reason we parted. I did'nt want to become reliant on someone else, there is no future in this, and Iraj understood this and agreed. Iraj has the code, but, he's put the time, the cost and the effort into it, so why should he give it to others. He is an awesome trader and has helped more than anyone else without asking for a 'bean', I respect that. I thanked him and moved on to stand on my own. Also, don't forget that 'code' is only a tiny element of the whole picture. Iraj, without code would be very successful, as he has all the other attributes that is required to be a top trader. I suppose also there is a third reason, and that is to ask for payment after been taught for free, does'nt really sit right with me, but that is just a personal thing.

I am sorry for ranting on so much here, but, I am a little saddened to see some of the various development in TT over the last few months. Firstly the 'coding' episode, and that whole positioning with some traders as if it was as simple as having a piece of code. This is very naive and smacks of the 'holy grail' search. And now we have 'paid for services'. Please make sure you know what you are getting, what you're getting into, and that it is worth the price. To succeed requires many different variables, will take various lengths of time depending on your ability, your capital, your passion, your personality and your personal set-up, and even then there are no guarantees. The challenges are more 'within' than outside. Take care and good trading to all.

Frank.

I agree most of what you say but your last paragrah I would have to disagree on if you have all those qualities you will be successful. some individuals are blessed to have bright minds and these minds are enabled to learn information that is at there at their finger tips. information that is much more accessable now of the last 40 years especially now in the information age.

some people are tuaght and given knowledge. others are hungary and driven. and still others are very bright and are open to learn.

the ones wtih all of those traits and opportuites are are saved the time and stress to successful and profitable traders enabeling them to live and enjoy a better standard of life.

I hate writing... I would rather talk to everyone here its easier to communicate for me :smart:

OK - my thoughts and echoing some of Trader333 sentiments.

A 'wise man' told me that anyone that makes money trading shouldn't need to make money from selling such services. I think it was on one of Irajs seminars. Also - JJ has only been making money from this for 2 months and in different market conditions, the performance could be very different.

On the other hand, I would like to learn what Iraj taught JJ and I would like the tools. Simple as that. JJ has clearly been using the tools to scalp the YM. I am not sure we could do such a thing over Paltalk - the timing just may not allow it. So - without the tools, I don't see how you can emulate what JJ has done in the past 2 months.

I don't want the live calls as JJ has his own trading demons to fight and I wouldn't want to add the pressure of him making calls for me. What I would like is the tools and the 'edge' they would give - instructions for using them.

Now - this is on the proviso that these tools really ARE sophisticated and not just a freely available indicator put into 28 time frames. If the latter, I would be expecting a refund as this would not be what has been advertised.

In the first session, I asked what the indicator was that JJ was using & he replied that the indicators came from Goldman Sachs, that JJ had convinced a friend at Goldman Sachs to part with them for 1,500 pounds and that he had no distribution rights for them. So, I do have some concerns that there has been some element of 'artistic license' taken with the truth thus far as that is quite clearly not the case.

Last edited:
Apologies in advance for butting into this private forum thread.
I am not a TT member, but moderators and admin have access to all areas of T2W.

If Grey1 could clarify what is going on here then I feel it would help.

Otherwise, I find this current situation and proposal bizarre to say the least.

:confused:cv

Reactions: BSD
Status
Not open for further replies.