FX Trading Week Sept 10 -14

Cable will

• nah, back to 2.000

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Phil, I just got back and started to work on charts, got a little trade but nothing great so far. Suppose all are waiting for the speaches this afternoon.
Happy trading, 2be

Good to hear that someone else is still alive, 2be!

What happened to all those live trade posters on this board? Still on holiday spending their profits?
FWIW, just went short on cable at 310. Not looking great so far...

I think the markets are difficult to trade at the moment
very easy to lose money
so I and the rest are waiting for better times
when the odds are more in my favour

I've certainly found it a bit of a mish mash recently but have a tentative long on eurjpy looking for 162 ish from the 8hr charts, trend seems to be changing up (but I reserve the right to be wrong :D ). Just got to teach myself that sometimes sitting on my hands is good for the account :cheesy:

Hello chaps, I am now officially a lurker. There have been a few people asking where everyone is lately, well I still look in now and then and I know others do too. That's the nature of these type of bulletin boards, the same as all things in life; the personnel changes. The posters today are not the same as the ones just 5 or 6 months ago. Look at the links. I asked the very same question a while back... why were there over 10000 hits on the FX weekly thread then and now only 1000-2000 max? Could be the summer hols. I'm sure some of the posters have fallen by the wayside and/or moved onto other things.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=17183
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=23420

From my point of view there's nothing I can say that hasn't been said. I trade less and don't know what to say on here. I have gone 'naked' as jacinto calls it. Pure discretion. I understand what is happening more on the charts thanks to some quality mentoring (you know who you are :cool: )

How about these names then, these were the boys around when I started posting:
marmoset (schitzo trading man!)
smbtnt
rav700 (popped in recently now gone awol again!)
DC2000 (The Don of live calls)
zuke
chrisw
baruch
leovirgo
and many many more

Hi Priceman,
How are you doing.....hope is well....
I am going full time in 3 months so a lot of planning has been going on...I came on the boards a couple of times...shall I be honest just dont seem to find our old trading crew...so not much to chat about ...if you know what I mean...the boards use to be fun with different traders coming from different angles....and as I said it used to be good fun.....
I would really like to start posting again but I guess will wait for out trading group to form...
Anyway just FYI...
I went long on gold @ the beggining of the month is suppose to be the best month for gold and so far so good have locked in some good profit Will close my trade

I have just shorted the EUR\[email protected] with a stop at 158.18...Why a 100 points so I dont have to keep looking at my screen...haha lol as if..... target 157.75

Watch out for the following this month...
shorting the dow on 28th of september
Shorting cable there abouts...as well
Shorting Cable\Yen if I have enough equity

All till the 15th of october.....

Best of luck Happy Trading

Reasons Seasonal trading.........

Happy Trading
Rav

I would also like to take a mommet to pass on my deepest condolencies to any members of this board that have suffered as a result of the 9/11 attacks may Peace be upon those who have left us in this tragic insult to humanity...
Regards
Rav

I think the markets are difficult to trade at the moment
very easy to lose money
so I and the rest are waiting for better times
when the odds are more in my favour

I feel better now that someone with experience writes this! I thought I was just being crap compared to last week.

New trade for the nite.....lets see if we can get some traders 2gether.....
Rav's Nite Trade1:---

Target 10 pips with a stop loss of 15 pips only......
Short @ 30 with as stop @ 45
Target @ 20 with xx p.p..

Best of luck...
Rav

I do agree with you hornblower...The idea is when you are scalping well this is my technique.....
New Range....
First touch 30 short 2nd touch 30 short.....and First touch 45 long 2nd touch 45 long....
First touch 85 short 2nd touch 85 short......and First touch 10 long 2nd touch 10 long....

Happy Trading

Rav

If you are following my trade please be patient...and always remember there is risk involved so just risk what you can afford....
Newbie traders just remember do not panic if it starts jumping a couple of pips above your open trade... we should see our target in another 25 mins...most probably....

I watch with interest.

I would have a go except I am going for my regular tai chi practice. :)

Explanation of the trade and why from this point there could be a fall....
The 30 min candle failed to close above the previous high....is this enough no there another couple of indicators that I use as well but do not generally post them as discreptancies tend to take place....

Okay for those traders who have taken the trade please move your stop to break even.. as we are no 2 pips away from the target.....

There we go + 10 pips without any stress at all........
I hope you enjoyed this trade...
What was special about this trade...
Confidence...
Right timing and
Minimal risk value....
Goodnight all
Happy Trading...
10 pips a day is enough for me to live happily ever after......lol

Hope this helps....

Some may have the question that why dont you let your profits run.....
Cos...I am a scalper...After so many years of experiance....I have learnt you have to define what type of trader you are an act accordingly...
A.If you are a scalper...then behave like one have stops accordingly...and get out when you have made profits....It works for my other may think differently....

Rav

Now we have 8:00 mins for the 4HR bar to take form of its new bar so please exit your positions if you are still in there hoping for more pips becuase this goes against my stratergy....

Hey Rav, coincidence you posting here again. I've taken my first (long haul) Cable trade in a long time at 21:30. Short from 2.0322. 1st Target 1.9905 S/L 2.0341. R:R 1:21.9.

Basis: Last major High-Low (06/03-24/07) took a 61.8 Fib retrace to 17/08. New high ground (24/07 2.0655) has not been successfully tested and a new lower high has formed (2.0462 04/08).

Old Support at 1.9380 has been broken and there is not sufficient momentum to regain most recent high of 2.0462. Bearish.

2nd target of 1.9655 depending on action through 1st target.

Will move initial stop from 2.0341 to 2.0200 once it's through 2.0100.

Really close to S/L as I type....:LOL:

Past 1.9905 I'll take half off and trail 40 pips if it's motoring or close out completely if it's not.

Timeline for trade 10 trading days to 1st target. 21 to 2nd target. Will exit if slope not met.

There’s an ‘old’ up trendline sloping to intersect my plan which indicates the 1st target is likely the only one I’ll make, but I’ll keep my options open.

The only other major Support is way below at 1.9139, but I'm not planning on holding that long...this time.

As it is the anniversary of 9 .11 this week

I think there is a lot of support and market manipulation by the fed/ bank of england
to make sure we do not have a down turn in the markets at this time