FX Trading Week Sept 10 -14

Cable will

• nah, back to 2.000

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sure, each to their own, lets hope it doesn't cost a few hundred pips feeling for this anticipated and temporary top , hey it may not even bounce just steadily climb......

who knows?? trade what you see and manage your risk,

hi jiggly

wont cost me a penny :p . if im in, im not targetting 1.7500 :cool: .........................1.9100 will doo :cheesy:

seriously, from a short term perspective, a medium term top is an open scenario (2.0650), and the now mentioned potential top would mean a lower high. will that be a reversal? well, i dont know. a couple of hundred pips? well dont know. easier to trade yen pairs for that amount of pips.

nice chart BTW. a temporary top......well, that is a way of putting it.

good to read your posts :D

Thanks Jacinto, I am pleased to be a participant on this thread,

here are my positions for this pair, I have removed the stops so no one knows where they really are :LOL:

I obviously have a vested interest in my posts, so lets see how it pans out..........

best of luck to all.

Attachments

• gbp usd.gif
    gbp usd.gif
    80.7 KB · Views: 146
Thanks Jacinto, I am pleased to be a participant on this thread,

here are my positions for this pair, I have removed the stops so no one knows where they really are :LOL:

I obviously have a vested interest in my posts, so lets see how it pans out..........

best of luck to all.

dont worry, i know where they are ;) 2.0130 ;)

hope you get the target. as i said, i got no position on this one. and if i get in, it will be next week.

happy trading Jiggly :D

j

2.0130....!!!!!

i think there are many many stops around there,....if the market does drop, it is probably around that point that it will turn around as it has provided good support before and in addition, if there are lots of stops there, the rally will be substantial due to the flurry of longs covering.......

i will be buying more to improve my position, not exiting......i am building this position slowly in accordance with my longer term view.

but it could all change, still not fully deployed in this pair, so I still have plenty of room for error and can get out below my risk limits if i feel its going wrong....

2.0130....!!!!!....

not just a pretty face huh :cheesy:

actually, kind of obvious if you ask me :cheesy:

will post a chart a bit later on this post when i edit it.

hope you keep on posting on this thread.

j

not just a pretty face huh :cheesy:

actually, kind of obvious if you ask me :cheesy:

will post a chart a bit later on this post when i edit it.

hope you keep on posting on this thread.

j

here ye go Jiggly,

j

Attachments

• jiggly.gif
    jiggly.gif
    13.8 KB · Views: 157
I've certainly found it a bit of a mish mash recently but have a tentative long on eurjpy looking for 162 ish from the 8hr charts, trend seems to be changing up (but I reserve the right to be wrong :D ). Just got to teach myself that sometimes sitting on my hands is good for the account :cheesy:

This one seems to be working nicely so far, reached first target and looking for 162 and then 165 later. A free trade now so it doesn't really matter if it turns around but it would be nice to see it go further.

I am closing My short for 20 pips profit...:cheesy:

Attachments

• eur.gif
    eur.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 189
mentioning JPY pairs jacinto,

check out my view for the CADJPY, i am anticipating this one to be a next big mover.

a longer term view, yes, but that is where the big money is made, right??, 25% price appreciation me thinks....

Attachments

• cadjpy.gif
    cadjpy.gif
    11 KB · Views: 162
hi jiggly,

funny, 2 days ago i was having a look at that pair. wanted to see a longer term chart like yours, but the metatrader bucket shop i use for my charting didnt have much history, so i just discarded it. instead started to have a look at NZDCHF, and paper traded it with reasonable results so far.

cant really say much about CADYEN. IMHO, if trading off the monthly chart, i prefer to then really have a decent dig into the fundamentals, and i must confess i just dont follow the canadian economy at all to have an opinion. i barely follow the japanese economy even if i like to trade yen pairs. my timeframe is so low that fundamentals, as important as they are, actually become "noise" :eek:

by the way, the line you have is a moving average, right?

good luck on that one :D

j

yes the line is a moving average, it just has to start so far from the hard left edge because there are not enough data points to calculate from.

I understand what you mean about the fundamentals, especially with regards to a long term view, however, i just prefer to do everything technically, along with the carry interest i wouldn't hold this pair if it wasn't positive for the long term.

I get my MT datafeed from (dont know if i can say due to advertising, censored =) Al**ri, i think this is the best broker for the platform as they have many more pairs than what I have found elsewhere and the price data is very closely matched with my trading broker. plenty of data here.

this is a long shot analysis really, but from small acorns big oak trees grow, i am entering small positions and holding for the long hall, if it all works out i will be deployed upto 1 standard lot for a while, hoping if my calculations are correct, standing to make 25 grand from the move...... as you can tell I am usually very early to join the party, on entry, a common problem i think amongst traders..thats why i piece my trades.

but anyway another position i am building for those which are interested..

good luck to everyone:)

again stops removed, for illustration purposes!!!:LOL:

Attachments

• cadjpy.gif
    cadjpy.gif
    89.4 KB · Views: 198