FX Trading Week Sept 10 -14

Cable will

• nah, back to 2.000

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Priceman,
Ceartainly been a very profitable night...
I have decided this time round on T2W to post with some reasons of picking a trade if I can so that the newbies can understand....why I am picking the trade...
I was initially going to open a new thread called 10 pips a day but then..the problem is it would become a similar thread...so I will just keep posting on hear......

Any afternoon trades for me.....
Looking for my target point am not going to get stuck in this noise....
Will wait for clear defination for cable...till then wait and see what geppy brings me...

whats your take on the gbp/yen at the moment rav. unusual for me to take alook at this cross but found what i think might be a nice shortfor a few hundred pips

:cheesy: :cheesy:
whats your take on the gbp/yen at the moment rav. unusual for me to take alook at this cross but found what i think might be a nice shortfor a few hundred pips
I am scalper on all other pairs except this particular pair...
I scalp this pair only 6 times a week....
1. 15 mins before dow closing and 15 after. 5 times a week
2.Always trade the gaps on gbp\jpy how can you get them wrong......

GEPPY puts the food on the table for me
and all other pairs build the bank....Theoretically..lol

So I only get into GEPPY when I am dead certain of getting about 250 pips....
Currently am waiting for one more retest of the 233 zone....before getting on the train..
Will wait and see..I dont want to tame this beast cos you cant...I dont like to gamble on GEPPY would rather trade it....

I will send you my analysis and take on GEPPY if you want ....right now still dont think it is ripe enough to give me the fruits.....

Happy Trading
Rav

yeah id love to see your analysis on it
my take on euro today is it will pull back quite nicely but not before it makes the best part of another 50 pips

somewhere between 1.3900 and 1.3950 ill be looking to find my way into a short with a tight stop for a move down

You might be right...but I trade a bit differently....FYI 35 is a good shorting point but depends if you scalping or it is a long term....
I will wait for 4087...and 4200 as for some stupid reason I can only see them as the main shorting points..
But best of luck with you trades..

Rav

im mainly a scalper on the euro but have recently found myself spending a day here or there looking at longer term charts of just about everything fx indices bonds and commodities

it would be for 100+ pips and of course is somewhat agressive to be shorting this at all for these sort of pips if theres one chart that says buy dips dont get clever its this one

it would be for 100+ pips and of course is somewhat agressive to be shorting this at all for these sort of pips if theres one chart that says buy dips dont get clever its this one

Now you are talking....I like your attitude and way of thinking with regards to you euro trading these are ditto my thoughts....:LOL:

daily chart for Cable with resistance levels derived from weekly closes

happy trading

afternoon all. seems 338 as marked in chart in first post of the thread is effectively acting as resistance. no 4hr bar can close above.....yet. question will be the downside. bit tricky if you ask me.

cable giving signs it is tired, and my guess is that its coming down, and hard. this is not tradeable for me ATM, and will wait to see how today closes.

guess the market will come to realise that the FED wont lower rates IMHO.

good day

i agree about cable looking tired jacinto but think it might just squeeze about another hundred pips out first

i agree about cable looking tired jacinto but think it might just squeeze about another hundred pips out first

yep, could be, then again, the top may be in place already. just a guess....and im not guessing with real dosh (that got me burned on monday, and better not repeat the same mistake :p )

hence, i rather wait and see the daily close, and if you ask me, i would rather wait all week :cheesy:

lol

does anyone ever think something along the lines of im a little bit bearish on the gbp/yen im alittle bit bullish on gbp/usd i should get myself short usd/yen or is it a case of start with a clean slate when when you pull up a paticular pairs charts?

Wow, it's been a good day for EUR/USD... movement once more! Shame I have been out for a free 3 hour lunch. :rolleyes: :cheesy:

Wow, it's been a good day for EUR/USD... :

Not from my pov... Depends which direction you were trading! Cable short from 310 still open, though, mainly because I set a spike-proof stop. Down to 250 tomorrow (please).
Anyway, good to see some posting on this board again.

Ah, good point. I am trying to trade the trend. It's been moving in the direction of the trend... missed the lot, though. :rolleyes:

what is your take on this......??

Attachments

• gbp usd.gif
    gbp usd.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 148
ignore the carry rate on the image above, it is actually at present time 0.5%, but still positive...

thats a monthly chart tho jiggly i think people considering shorts are talking about picking up a couple of hundred pips