FX Trading June 18 to 22

This week cable will

• Total voters
closed out long for a only a fistfull of pips. not convinced on move to r2. red spinning candle...

Oiltanker- nice one taking some pips at least, I keep holding out for a decent move but ending up at b/e. At least for the moment I think I may have to start grabbing 5 pips at a time. Just seems wrong somehow!!!

os

yes breakouts all over. nice one on gbp/yen too

what are wasp indicators?

he is selling them for about 3,000 quid, i think. something to do about a yacht.

but between you and me, i know where you can get a pirate copy :cheesy:

os

on the bright side the 4 majors all had some kind of breakout of range this morning and hopefully someone got a ride. :)

he is selling them for about 3,000 quid, i think. something to do about a yacht.

but between you and me, i know where you can get a pirate copy :cheesy:

bleedin' dodgy Mexicans underhanding me :LOL:

ok, then, give me a cut of your 3,000 and i wont say that they got lost in a journal :LOL:

Its 10k and thankfully, I sell to gambling greedy Chinese in hong Kong who don't have a clue what T2W is! :cheesy:

Its 10k and thankfully, I sell to gambling greedy Chinese in hong Kong who don't have a clue what T2W is! :cheesy:

10,000, then thats inflation! dont be surprised about interest rate hikes then :LOL:

Morning everyone,

Just got back from a meeting and I'm working from home today - which means access to my trading platform. :D

+37 pips on my overnight trade - which is a nice change from all these +4, +1 trades of late.

As I said earlier in the week, I think we will see the high of this current move formed today, with a retrace starting into next week. I'm anxious to see how accurate this Market Matrix thing is. From the chart the retrace would look to go down around 1.9792 to 1.9752 area (the price target thing is the bit that still confuses me - and I don't seem to have totally sorted, so don't take this as gospel - or any of it for that matter!) at around the 3rd July. It'll be good to track what happens.

this is what i mean with the speed. before, cable at resistance, would either bust it in no time (i.e a one minute bar) or reject quickly, and not play around like that at key level 65.

umbelievable. 21 one minute bars at that level. not even eurgbp is that slow.

edit: actually, it reminds me a lot of the dynamics of eurchf. probably moves a bit larger, but not much, and definitely similar speed.

Last edited:
jilly

>>37 pips on my overnight trade<<

that's a lot of crunchy carrots :)

at least someone got the morning move.

i see it did go to R2.
short order triggered for r2 -r1
r3 is 2.0003.
could it?

What a great day! I was on board the Cable express in the RIGHT direction for once from 9924 and hopped off at 9984 for +60. Made up for my -40 on Euro yen yesterday. Euro yen then decided to break out of its range and has yielded me another 70 pips today.

I have a short now from 166.85 on EUR/JPY and thats it for the day for me. A great end to a very slow week.

Have a good weekend all!

Well this is more like it, went long again on cable at 54 so much happier now. Good movement everywhere now...yay!!! $2 and beyond?

Not great timing as I have to finish now for the weekend.. doh!

Good luck to all.

Edit: out at 84 for +30 pips

Update from my toolshed..... :) I was looking for a long, 8.30 am and 11.10, look at those .

Unfortunately both those moves didnt drop lower which is what I was waiting for.

ere', now then, I knew this was a bullish market, closed that long 50 early am(trying to be super smart), waiting to load up again. And just as you try and be smart the market. those ****ers didnt pump it down hard enough for my entry ..... :LOL:

Something to learn every day in this game.

This markets still got a hard on, not gonna fade this, so sidelined unless something drastic happens to signal look for shorts, dont look like it at this stage. I will consider a long if it comes back sub 60 and it looks strong still.

June highs 2.0100-2.0200 ?

Good hunting all.

I think all the whinging I did yesterday has kicked the market into action.:cheesy: Let's hope this isn't a false dawn

went long usdchf 2310. been waiting for a pullback on the dailies to around this level. keeping that one and see how price develops.

it has given a textbook pullback and well, would be a pity not to ride it. its a small trade, so if stopped out, no big deal. still alive, will keep as a swinger.

Afternoon all,
Managed to catch a bit of cable long, took half off at +30 and stop to b/e on the rest. Also long EURJPY, again took half off at +35 and stop to b/e. Bit worried about Jilly's call for a MM top today on cable so will have to watch that. IIUC these things can be out by a day or so so well have to see.

EDIT: I thought that I'd try out this avatar - I'll leave you to guess as to why I chose a donkey!

Last edited: