FX Trading June 4 - June 8

The GBPUSD closed last week at 1.9823. Will it close this week at:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Right, this is all fun and games but there are bars open and its Friday night! I'm off, have a good one all...

Morning chaps, it's been a while since i've posted. Good to see the familiar names. :cool:...lovin' this run down!

Jacinto - remember the weekly 'coyote'? Taking it's time and i'm wondering if it's still valid. Long term target zone 1.7500ish!

Attachments

• Wkly Cable WW 080607.GIF
    Wkly Cable WW 080607.GIF
    19.4 KB · Views: 187
Morning chaps, it's been a while since i've posted. Good to see the familiar names. :cool:...lovin' this run down!

Jacinto - remember the weekly 'coyote'? Taking it's time and i'm wondering if it's still valid. Long term target zone 1.7500ish!

hi chow, good to hear from you. yes, i remember that weekly coyote very well. to reenforce it, think we will have a move down to 9200 and form the neck of a larger head and shoulders, then a pullback and down to the coyote target.

if that is to happen, and it is at risk of failing, it would suggest the gringos will have more monetary tightening. lets see.

good to seee you

j

Edit: well, swissy seems to like 1.3100 as a target. :eek:

Last edited:
Last Friday we had NFP and hardly any movement. This Friday we have no major news and yet the Cable is moving like a thing possessed! :rolleyes:

Do you think they moved NFP and didn't bother to tell anyone? :cheesy:

I bagged 15 pips this morning - traded the system and it got me a profit - I just hate it though when I see what I could have had......

Recouped morning losses and out for +3 pips.

Cable is at a turning point for me and not sure if 1.9600-630 will be held or not. Prefer to risk my pips on the DOW at the mo.

I will concentrate on the DOW. I'm finding I can't keep up with the two instruments at the same time in these volatile high moving days. Not complaining though. :cheesy:

Mojo Moving Averages....

Hi all, my Mojo Moving Averages crossed here at buy 1.9630 zone. Last cross was sell 1.9940. I'll keep an eye on these puppies. :p

Hmm target, when Mojo crosses back down :) Target open.

For me to maintain my sanity I'd have to go with 1.9690.

I realy think given the ****ty way the US economy is $ must fall.

The market will be waiting for the US trade defecit coming out today. Given dollars fall it has got to have improved. If not then the pooh realy will hit the fan.

Also for the UK, y/y figures are down but monthly production stats are up.

So I reckon until then market will hold 1.9650 and hopefuly the 1.97 too imo.

If 1.96 is breached all bets are off and Jacinto's nightmare 1.92 scenario may well come into play.

For me to maintain my sanity I'd have to go with 1.9690.

I realy think given the ****ty way the US economy is $ must fall.

The market will be waiting for the US trade defecit coming out today. Given dollars fall it has got to have improved. If not then the pooh realy will hit the fan.

Also for the UK, y/y figures are down but monthly production stats are up.

So I reckon until then market will hold 1.9650 and hopefuly the 1.97 too imo.

If 1.96 is breached all bets are off and Jacinto's nightmare 1.92 scenario may well come into play.

atilla,

the poo hit the fan yesterday in the bond market.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/1baa406e-1525-11dc-b48a-000b5df10621.html
j

Mini Mojo, Short Term.

:) Mini Mojo's for intra session, Big mojo for Inter sessions.

Attachments

• Mojo ShortTerm.GIF
    Mojo ShortTerm.GIF
    44 KB · Views: 155
atilla,

the poo hit the fan yesterday in the bond market.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/1baa406e-1525-11dc-b48a-000b5df10621.html
j

Thanks Jacinto, very interesting article. End of the road to excess liquidity perhaps.

Two points, the first if rates are to continue rising implies we have not reached the top of the bull run and there is some more way to go.

Secondly, growth is easing off in the US and still strong elsewhere which makes the US a special basket case of stagnation - high inflation and low growth.

Once this shake out is stabilised I still feel the only medicine is a combination of tax increases and budget cut backs. I think it's highly unlikely fed will raise rates. For the fed to raise rates is a blunt suicidal instrument. They should have done it long time ago.

In summary, dollar to continue falling v rest of global currencies. This is the fundamentals imo and when it dawns on top economists and the administration currencies will step into their long term appropriate levels.

If yields are rising this means as you have mentioned before, the end of the Yen carry trades. I still hold the view as a consequence 1.96 / 97 will hold and cable will rise.

Secretly (I'm expecting $2 to be broken within a month to 6 weeks). :eek: :cheesy:

thats interesting atilla,

i am a trained economist and worked as a policy maker (central bank). to be honest, i dont care about economics. i just trade my chart. if i care about economics, i form an opinion, and if i form an opinion, i cant trade.

and right now, i am thinking that that we already saw the low of the day.

j