FX Trading May 14 - 18

This Week Cable will

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was rather hoping for bullish figures but anyway short at 39. Not very happy about this breakout position because the dollar looks weak to me. Very frustrating market this week.........

well, 9710 is a channel base from april 27. has bounced from there, my guess is it will touch it again. the overall dollar picture is rather positive (price wise). lets see.

I think we will see a sideways pattern now until the US open. Where we should see an initial fall 20 - 30 points and then a rebound to the 1.9770 - 1.9780 levels.

Again My own personal thoughts…..

+50 on todays trading.

I think we will see a sideways pattern now until the US open. Where we should see an initial fall 20 - 30 points and then a rebound to the 1.9770 - 1.9780 levels.

Again My own personal thoughts…..

+50 on todays trading.

I agree that it looks like we´ll trade sideway until the US Open, but Im struggling with figuring where it´ll move next.

Think Ill stick a b/o short order at 700 and one at 760

I agree that it looks like we´ll trade sideway until the US Open, but Im struggling with figuring where it´ll move next.

Think Ill stick a b/o short order at 700 and one at 760

I’d be a buyer at the 1.9720 level, with a good stop loss (40) to cover the 20 - 30 points initial move lower (if it comes)

But baring in mind Its Friday, we could see an unexpected, rapid and aggressive move in any direction as profits are taken, stops are triggered and then opportunist and counter trading emerges.

I'm 70% in favour of the move up.

Note It's not taking Cable with it. It will in all probability be a short lived move.

Another clue that cable’s next move may be upward.

It seems to involve the JPY as well. Have a look at EUR/JPY and USD/JPY. Anyone know of any news that's come out?

Reuters, but I think MNI (Market News International), who are owned by Xinhua, broke it first.

Thanks for letting me know.

Well I took a quick scalp in EURJPY buying at 162.76 and closing at 162.95 though only on small size.

Over the longer term (longer than the 10 minutes I held my trade for anyway) it's possible that there could be another rush for the door to close out all short JPY carry trades again.